• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3 Is Now Miscalculating Sales Tax!

In summary, Brenda is frustrated because she has to re-create her fundraiser show on P3, and now has to enter all of her online orders manually. HO never called her back, and she has a buttload of orders to enter. P3 is charging her an additional 30-40 cents per order, and she is back on terminal hold with HO trying to figure out the issue.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
I'm SO beyond frustrated right now! First, I had to suck it up and re-create my fundraiser show in P3 and now have to manually enter all of my online orders. HO never called me back and I've got a buttload of orders to enter and I can't wait any longer.

Now, I'm realizing that P3 can't even calculate the sales tax properly.:mad: WTH? Instead of the 8.5% that the show is set at, it's calculating 9.17% (after I did the math a few times to figure out what it was doing), so basically it's adding an additional 30-40 cents per order!

So..... I'm back on terminal hold with HO trying to figure 'this' particular mess out!

Are you sure it's not just taxing shipping? There are several states that didn't used to tax shipping and mine is one of them.

It's charging too much sales tax. We don't tax shipping in Illinois. Now that you say that, I'm going to see if P3 is possibly taxing the S&H charges....

UGH! It's taxing the S&H charges! Not sure why? How do I get that to change in P3? I've never had this issue before so I'm drawing a blank. Another possible glitch?

Brenda,We actually just started charging sales tax on shipping in IL as of March 1st. Hope that helps!

Heck.. I must have missed that somewhere. Was it announced?Shows you what being inactive for two months does?

I think in a PC Newswire - there were a few states with IL being one of them. I still forget sometimes since I've being doing this for 6 years the other way! At least you don't have to waste any more time trying to figure it out:)

It was in the PC newswire.....but something as major as that should be sent in a regular e-mail in my opinion. There is never a lot of new stuff in there so I don't read it really good. PC really needs to communicate better.

yeah.... and I've got about 60 orders that I now get to pay the additional .40 on! I'm not happy, but it's my own fault I guess for not reading it. I rarely read the PC newswire too because they have always seemed so ho hum.

Sorry that happened to you. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't announced sooner for Illinois...I had sent out my March packets with no tax on s/h and I did have to pay some, but it was worth it still to have write it all off.....Congrats on a 60 qty order fundraiser! Wahooooooo great job! Keep it up!

My fundraiser show is $20 shy of being a $2500 show! I am closing it tonight so I'm very excited about it!

Way to go Brenda!! That is an awesome fundraiser:)

It bites that you'll have to front the extra $ for covering the shipping, but you'll be making a $375 paycheck off the show, so maybe that helps cushion the cost of the $24 error? ;)Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for your successful fundraiser! I bet the group is pretty ecstatic! :D

i just had someone tell me that I shouldn't use "Consultant Gift" in P3 for my payment of the sales tax because P3 doesn't run that report any longer.... is this true? If so, how should I document me paying 40 cents on each of these orders so that I can claim it at the end of the year?

You are still on P3 so don't worry. It still runs that there. It's one of the changes in the new web. We have to say everything is paid by cash, check or cc.

woah! Good to know, but bad for when I finally move onto the new web. How are we supposed to keep track of our expenses like this? I always use Consultant Gift.

The Directors are asking HO to add Consultant Gift back in as an option since so many of us DO use it. ;)

What is P3 and why is it important?

P3 is a software used by Pampered Chef consultants to keep track of sales, orders, and taxes. It is important because it ensures accurate and efficient processing of orders and taxes.

Why is P3 miscalculating sales tax?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. It could be due to incorrect settings or outdated tax rates in the software. It could also be a result of a glitch or bug in the system. Our team is actively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

How can I fix the sales tax miscalculation in P3?

If you notice a sales tax miscalculation in P3, please reach out to our customer support team. They will be able to assist you in troubleshooting the issue and correcting any errors in the system.

Will I be charged incorrect sales tax if P3 is miscalculating?

No, P3 only calculates the sales tax amount based on the settings and rates provided. If there is an error in the calculation, it will not affect the amount charged to your customers. However, it is important to address the issue to ensure accurate tax reporting.

Is there a way to prevent sales tax miscalculations in P3?

Yes, it is important to regularly update the tax rates in P3 to ensure accurate calculations. You can also double check the settings and make sure they are correct. If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our customer support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Fluffy215
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PamperedJess