• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent P3 for New but Former Consultant

In summary, my most recent recruit is a former consultant. She has P3 on her computer under her previous consultant number. She is trying to load P3 with her new consultant # without losing her past contacts. Anyone know how to do that?
raebates
Staff member
My most recent recruit is a former consultant. She has P3 on her computer under her previous consultant number. She is trying to load P3 with her new consultant # without losing her past contacts. Anyone know how to do that?

TIA!

Oh that's a neat situation! Congrats on the new team member! :)

Obviously I have no idea on this one, I just wanted to say congrats! (And that I'd probably call Tech Support.) :)

Thanks, Amanda. She was planning to call Tech Support on Monday. She was hoping to take care of this today while her husband (the techie in the family) was home.

The only way I could think to do it would be to add her new consultant number as a 2nd user. I don't think there's a way to merge databases. Unfortunately, that means she'd have to log out & back in each time.

But wait - is she just wanting the contacts? If so, she may be able to export them from P3 under the old number, add a user for the new number and then import the contacts under the new user.

The problem right now is that she isn't able to load P3 with her new number. She needs all of the updates, since it's been a while since she was official. The only thing I would know is to uninstall the old one, but that would lose her contacts. I'm sure the HO Tech Support will be able to help her. I just thought I'd throw the question out here in case someone had gone through it already.

can she sign in under her old number, back up the data and restore it under her new number?

raebates said:
The problem right now is that she isn't able to load P3 with her new number. She needs all of the updates, since it's been a while since she was official. The only thing I would know is to uninstall the old one, but that would lose her contacts.

I'm sure the HO Tech Support will be able to help her. I just thought I'd throw the question out here in case someone had gone through it already.

Have her open it with the old number and export the contacts before doing an uninstall & re-install. I really don't think she's going to be able to keep the history.

That may be what they have her do. I'd rather not put her through a bunch of hey-try-this ideas, since she's not a tech person.

Thanks, Crystal I hope there's some way she can do something to keep the old info. She has years of orders in there.

I understand that she's wanting to do multiple users so she can go back & look at the old shows when she needs to (for warranty purposes), right?1. Have her export the contacts to a file2. Have her do a backup of the original file3a. She should then be able to update the old version, but still have the data as a backup just in case something goes wrong.-or-3b. Download P3 on a jump drive or external drive, and "restore from backup" and see if it's the newest version with all the old data brought into it.If she chooses to have her P3 software on a jump drive, it can be more portable and she can pop it into someone else's computer & access what she needs from a show, vacation, etc. You NEVER EVER EVER want your backups on the same hard drive with your software program, because if that drive crashes your stuck. So if her program is on her laptop or desktop, she'll want to do backups on a jump drive or external drive. If P3 is on the jump drive or external drive, she'll want to do her backups to the laptop or desktop. Always ALWAYS ALWAYS have a backup plan in case technology fails!!! ;)ETA: 3b affords her the opportunity of having a full 2nd version just in case something doesn't go right! ;)

Hi, Rae.

When I resigned, I had the old PP+, not P3.
What I ended up doing was backing up the data onto a flash drive, then when I loaded P3 and it asked me for the onetime import, I used that file. I was pleasantly surprised when it included all my show information as well.

If I were her, I would back up the original P3, then uninstall it so it will allow her to do the import...

Hope that makes sense!

Edited to add: typed while Sheila was posting!

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's the current P3, so the standard one-time import won't work. The biggest problem is that her old number and new number are, of course, different. It keeps wanting to simply update her old one. She has, of course, backed up the data. However, we aren't sure she'll be able to access the old stuff if she has that on a jump or external drive.

Very firstly, I would tell her to do the first two steps that Sheila mentioned. Export and back up. That way she has two versions of the data. She has the back up which includes all her show information as well. She also has the export which has all of her contact information in case the back up can't be used. I would even recommend doing two back ups just in case something happens with the file. And like Sheila said, on a separate jump drive than her hard drive.

This is what I would do:

1. I would first have her create a second user in P3 which would allow her to leave her original data as is. Then try restoring the back up file she's created from the other profile to this user to see if P3 will allow you to restore a back up when the consultant numbers don't match. I don't believe that restoring would delete the contacts from the first profile, but in any case she has the back up from which to restore the first profile.

2. If the restore works and the contact and show information shows up under the second profile in P3, then you have two choices: Either leave P3 as is with two profiles, or uninstall and re-install P3, create the profile with the new consultant number and then restore from the back up (I don't think you can just delete the primary profile). This should allow her to have just one profile while keeping all the data from her previous file including show information.

3. If the restore doesn't work, she can use her PWS to import the contacts into her profile with the new consultant number once she gets that back up and running. P3 itself doesn't have an import function. She will be able to import .csv file that is created in the export function into her PWS, and then sync with P3. Again, she can choose to have two profiles in P3 (especially if she wants to keep her show information), or uninstall and reinstall P3 and only create that one profile with her new consultant number.

I hope that gives you some ideas.

I would definitely wait until Monday and have Tech Support walk her through it. I had a friend who re-signed back in the fall and got a new Cons. #, but was also using a new computer (a Mac, not the old laptop she used PP on before), and P3 for the first time. It took her forever to get it together, but Tech Support was EXTREMELY helpful and walked her through every step.

Oh, forgot to mention: One of my recruits forgot to download P3 to her jump drive before showing up at my house to learn how to enter shows. The military internet is SUPER slow, so I figured it would be easier to copy my program over vs. trying to download a new version off of the slow internet service. I did a right click on my file, chose "copy" then clicked on her jump drive folder & did "paste". It took FOREVER, but it did give her the FULL version of my software program, shows, contacts and all!!! We then had to sit there & delete my shows & contacts out of her program, so it probably would have been much faster if we had just waited on the military internet to give her a new version, but it was a training tool! You can make a complete replica of the entire program with all the data on another drive as a backup before you start playing and changing anything. ;)But it was a current version & not an older version, so I'm not sure how the "update" will affect her program since it's been so long since she's done an update. So having a 2nd full copy would probably come in handy before she starts ANYTHING!

Thanks. Her husband is actually a tech guy. I know they've backed everything up properly. Since it's not really urgent, despite my tag, it sounds like it's probably best for Tech Support to talk them through whatever is best. I'll talk to her later this week and find out what they had her do. I can see this being an issue for people in the future.

Sheila said:
I understand that she's wanting to do multiple users so she can go back & look at the old shows when she needs to (for warranty purposes), right?

1. Have her export the contacts to a file

2. Have her do a backup of the original file

3a. She should then be able to update the old version, but still have the data as a backup just in case something goes wrong.

-or-

3b. Download P3 on a jump drive or external drive, and "restore from backup" and see if it's the newest version with all the old data brought into it.

If she chooses to have her P3 software on a jump drive, it can be more portable and she can pop it into someone else's computer & access what she needs from a show, vacation, etc. You NEVER EVER EVER want your backups on the same hard drive with your software program, because if that drive crashes your stuck. So if her program is on her laptop or desktop, she'll want to do backups on a jump drive or external drive. If P3 is on the jump drive or external drive, she'll want to do her backups to the laptop or desktop. Always ALWAYS ALWAYS have a backup plan in case technology fails!!! ;)

ETA: 3b affords her the opportunity of having a full 2nd version just in case something doesn't go right! ;)

I was just kind of thread lurking and saw this, thank you Sheila!! I really need to do this because I have just the one computer and when I went to enter shows on my MIL's laptop while we were on vacation (yes..I brought some work with me...) none of my contact/shows/tasks showed up in P3, even after I had logged in. Simply because I didn't have anything on an external drive. Now I need to do this!! Thanks!

Happy to help Shelby! :D

If all she wants is the contact info, and not purchasing history, she should be able to export the contacts from P3, go back into P3 under her new number, and import the contacts. If she wants to keep purchasing info, then she may need to keep 2 versions of herself on P3, her old consultant self and new one. Then she can bring old contacts over to her new records as they purchase with her again. Eventually, she wouldn't need to refer to the old records except for lifetime guarantee items.

What is P3 for New but Former Consultant?

P3 for New but Former Consultant is a program designed specifically for former Pampered Chef consultants who are looking to rejoin the company. It offers support, training, and resources to help you get back into the business and achieve success.

How do I join P3 for New but Former Consultant?

To join P3 for New but Former Consultant, simply contact your former Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to our customer service team. They will guide you through the process and help you get started.

What kind of support and training does P3 for New but Former Consultant offer?

P3 for New but Former Consultant offers a variety of support and training options, including one-on-one coaching, access to online resources, and virtual training sessions. We also have a dedicated team to answer any questions you may have and provide guidance along the way.

Is there a cost to join P3 for New but Former Consultant?

No, there is no cost to join P3 for New but Former Consultant. We want to make it as easy as possible for former consultants to rejoin our team and achieve success.

Can I customize my P3 for New but Former Consultant experience?

Absolutely! We understand that every consultant's needs and goals are different, so we offer a variety of customizable options to fit your specific needs. Our team will work with you to create a plan that works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies