• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Troubleshooting P3 Update Errors - I've Tried Everything!

In summary, P3's acting up tonight. I can't get it to update (opened P3, tried a manual update, restarted my computer & did both again). I keep getting this error message: "An error occurred while trying to update your Plex Media Server. Please try again later." I e-mailed HO to let them know. That is what happened to me. it took 20 min with tech support to fix.
Sheila
Gold Member
P3's acting up tonight. I can't get it to update (opened P3, tried a manual update, restarted my computer & did both again). I keep getting this error message:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561402_4318440124407_1446022103_n.jpg

I e-mailed HO to let them know.

That is what happened to me. it took 20 min with tech support to fix. (after trying to do it myself for 3 days) When I asked the guy what happened he said he didnt know.

Sorry you had the same issue, but it's nice to know it's not just me. ;)

Fabulous -- wonderful -- awesome -- (insert sarcastic facial expression here).

jwpamp said:
Fabulous -- wonderful -- awesome -- (insert sarcastic facial expression here).

Just what I was going to say. :yuck:

1 hour & 40 minutes on the phone with Tech Support ~ still working on the problem. :(

Oh, and he looked & he's the same guy that spoke to you Chantelle.

Finally reverted to an earlier version and got the problem resolved. Have to re-enter the current show, but luckily that's not a lot of work.

1 hour & 51 minutes on the phone with a 3 year old & 4 year old in the house wanting my attention. ...

I just closed and reopened and it worked

You lucky dog! I had done that & rebooted the computer several times. Then did it several more times on the phone with him. He kept putting me on hold (apparently to get others involved & see if they could figure it out). I heard one girl saying she had no idea, she'd never seen what he was doing NOT work. Oh, well. At least it's gone now. ;)

Sheila that stinks that it was even a harder fix than mine. Pretty funny we had the same guy:) and I know he could hear my 4 in the background.

He was acting like he'd never encountered the problem before, so I had him pull up your account to read the comments on what they did to fix your issue. He did so and then said "oh, that was me that spoke with her on the [whatever date] ..." He must have a short term memory problem. ;)

What are some common P3 update errors?

There are a few common P3 update errors that users may encounter, such as "Update Failed: Download failed", "Update Failed: Could not create directory", or "Update Failed: Installation failed".

Why am I getting these errors when trying to update P3?

These errors can occur for a variety of reasons, such as server issues, conflicting plugins or themes, insufficient file permissions, or a corrupted update file.

I've tried everything, but I'm still getting errors. What else can I do?

If you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps, it may be helpful to reach out to P3's support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance for your particular issue.

How can I prevent these update errors in the future?

To prevent update errors, it is important to regularly perform maintenance tasks such as updating plugins and themes, optimizing your database, and backing up your site. Additionally, avoiding conflicting plugins and themes can also help prevent errors.

Can I roll back to a previous version of P3 if the update fails?

In some cases, rolling back to a previous version of P3 may be possible. However, this should only be done as a last resort and with caution, as it may cause further issues. It is recommended to reach out to P3's support team for guidance before attempting to roll back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AbbyCookn4U
  • AlowayFamily