• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Borrowed Laptop: Ubuntu & P3 Compatibility Questions

In summary, you can use a borrowed laptop with Ubuntu for Pampered Chef tasks as long as it meets the minimum system requirements. This will not affect your access to online tools and resources, and you do not need to download any special software or drivers. You can also use the laptop for personal tasks, but it is recommended to keep them separate. Any version of Ubuntu should work well for Pampered Chef tasks as long as it meets the minimum requirements.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I borrowed a laptop from a friend while I figure out what to do about replacing my dead computer.

It does not have windows. It has Ubuntu.

Does anybody know if P3 is compatible?

IC - not sure about PP3.....we still have PP in Canada and it is not compatible with MACs, so hubby set it up so I could run PP through a virtual windows "machine" program on my MAC. It works perfectly....works just the same as it did when I had the last remaining PC in our house:) You can probably try that if Ubuntu is not compatible with PP3.

HTH

Cheers,
D.

No, it's not compatible with Ubuntu or any version of Linux/Unix.

My hubby, resident computer geek, says it might work under a windows emulator for Linux called WINE. You can download it for free through open source software. Do a google search and it should come up.....

Bummer ... I'll ask tech support about WINE. Also the owner of said computer. She said you can download things like that but it's not my computer ... just a loaner.

1. Can I use a borrowed laptop with Ubuntu for Pampered Chef tasks?

Yes, you can use a borrowed laptop with Ubuntu for Pampered Chef tasks as long as it meets the minimum system requirements for our software. These requirements include at least a P3 processor and a compatible operating system.

2. Will using Ubuntu on a borrowed laptop affect my ability to access Pampered Chef's online tools and resources?

No, using Ubuntu on a borrowed laptop will not affect your ability to access Pampered Chef's online tools and resources. Our online tools and resources are compatible with Ubuntu and other operating systems.

3. Do I need to download any special software or drivers to use Ubuntu on a borrowed laptop for Pampered Chef tasks?

No, you do not need to download any special software or drivers to use Ubuntu on a borrowed laptop for Pampered Chef tasks. Our software is web-based and can be accessed through any internet browser.

4. Can I use a borrowed laptop with Ubuntu for both personal and Pampered Chef tasks?

Yes, you can use a borrowed laptop with Ubuntu for both personal and Pampered Chef tasks. However, we recommend keeping your personal and work tasks separate to avoid any potential conflicts.

5. Is there a recommended version of Ubuntu to use for Pampered Chef tasks?

We do not have a recommended version of Ubuntu for Pampered Chef tasks. As long as the laptop meets our minimum system requirements, any version of Ubuntu should work well for our software.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mark Kilby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Fluffy215
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • Chef Kearns