• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Mac Users Download OS X Mountain Lion for P3 Compatibility?

In summary, Mac users should not download OS X Mountain Lion as it is not compatible with PamperedPartner Plus, and those that do can run into problems with the install.
esavvymom
Staff member
Just to make sure you see this if you are on a Mac....glad I did! My DH was slow to upgrading some of our machines, including my laptop!From 8/28/2012 PC Newswire:
Mac Updates for PamperedPartner® Plus UsersMac users:
Apple® recently released their new operating system called OS X Mountain Lion. We ask that you do not download OS X Mountain Lion at this time as it is not compatible with PamperedPartner® Plus (P3). If you do download it, you will not be able to submit orders in P3. Please know that we are working diligently on a solution and will keep you updated on our progress. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Anyone know if this issue has been fixed? I've tried looking on the PC site but can't find anything.

No idea. Probably if you email tech support, they will let you know. (let us know what you find out?)

I just talked to tech support and they said they have the problem solved and I can upgrade. He said that there can still (rarely) be problems with the install but if I have a problem, call and they'll help get it fixed. (He said some of the folders don't always update in an upgrade and that's where the problem can come from? I"m not nearly as computer savvy as I used to be!!)HTH

thanks for the update!

That's good to know that it's been fixed. Thought it was strange that they hadn't sent anything else out about it.

I am a new consultant, and I have had a terrible time trying to download Pampered Partner. So far I am faxing my orders after hand writing, seems a giant step backward after being a Mac user for years. The IT at Pampered chef told me it couldn't be downloaded. When I asked if it meant getting a new computer, he said it's up to you.
Tomorrow I will try the Apple Store and see if there is a way to do it.
Cheers, Carol J

I can't imagine why he would have said it was up to you about getting a new computer. Pampered Partner is no longer being supported so your computer really has nothing to do with it. Everything is being done through the 'new web' now.

I've seen this happen a few times. Please watch the dates on posts. This thread is from 2012!!! The information is old....

1. What is P3 and Mac Os X Mountain Lion?

P3 and Mac Os X Mountain Lion is a combination of a color space and a Mac operating system. P3 is a color space that offers a wider range of colors compared to the standard RGB color space. Mac Os X Mountain Lion is the ninth major release of the Mac operating system, released in 2012.

2. What are the benefits of using P3 and Mac Os X Mountain Lion?

The use of P3 and Mac Os X Mountain Lion can result in more vibrant and accurate colors in images and videos. This is especially beneficial for professionals in the design, photography, and video editing industries. Additionally, Mac Os X Mountain Lion offers improved performance and new features such as the Notification Center and AirPlay Mirroring.

3. How do I enable P3 color space on my Mac running Mountain Lion?

To enable P3 color space, go to System Preferences > Displays > Color. Then, select the P3 profile from the list of available color profiles. Keep in mind that your monitor must support P3 color space for this option to be available.

4. Can I use P3 color space on non-Mac devices?

Yes, P3 color space is not exclusive to Mac devices. However, the device or software you are using must support P3 color space for it to be effective. Some newer smartphones and tablets have P3 displays, as well as some software programs like Adobe Photoshop.

5. Are there any downsides to using P3 and Mac Os X Mountain Lion?

One potential downside is compatibility issues with older devices or software that do not support P3 color space. Additionally, P3 color space may not be noticeable or necessary for everyday computer use, making it more beneficial for professionals in specific industries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedharriet
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefann