• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Still Get Host Benefits If I Label My Show Under My Husband's Name?

well you can imagine. So I wanted to give new consultants the heads up that it's not a good idea to do this, especially if you are not 100% sure about it.
pctharper
Gold Member
My director was telling me that when I have my own show to put it in my husband's name. Is there a reason why? If I have someone book a show off of my party, will I be able to get the host benefit then?

Only if you order it under your husbands name. Also, be very careful about that as it is not something PC endorses you do. It is done but we do not discuss it usually. It is a silent trick of the trade so to speak!

The rule is that any host who lives in your house is under the same "rules" as the consultant. In other words for those shows things purchased with the show discount is not commissionable and the booking benefit is not applicable (it's our job to get bookings and we can do a show any time to get the monthly special).

People do lie (yes, it is a lie) and say that someone else is the host to go around the rule but IMHO it is wrong. Why play games. Be honest in your business - people will see what you're doing and respect that and even if no one knows YOU will.

Beth is right. I have been in business for over 10 years and have never needed to do this. Either you host as a consultant or you simply do not do it.

Hoo boy. The PC Police around here will really come down hard on anybody who admits to doing this. So I will not advocate it.

I will say that if you turn in a show under your own name, you will not have a past host benefit for anyone who books off of you. You also will not get commission on your order.

So some people put in shows in the name of their husband, kids, friends or even pets if their name is "human" enough. (Max Miller, for instance.)

Just be sure you have it "shipped" to your house and put that address as the ship to address if you do, in care of yourself. I do that frequently for hosts who live in places where a box will sit un-attended all day.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Hoo boy. The PC Police around here will really come down hard on anybody who admits to doing this. So I will not advocate it.

I will say that if you turn in a show under your own name, you will not have a past host benefit for anyone who books off of you. You also will not get commission on your order.

So some people put in shows in the name of their husband, kids, friends or even pets if their name is "human" enough. (Max Miller, for instance.)

Just be sure you have it "shipped" to your house and put that address as the ship to address if you do, in care of yourself. I do that frequently for hosts who live in places where a box will sit un-attended all day.

IC. I don't understand why you always have to jump on anyone who tells new people the ETHICAL way to do things. It is not being the "PC police" but it is telling them how things are. If you choose to lie and say a dog ordered products that's your business. I don't have to live with your conscience but I also don't appreciate being considered a nay-sayer for helping someone know the rules they agreed to when they signed. Geeze.

I wasn't jumping on people. Please don't take it the wrong way.

I was just pointing out, in a different way, what you did, that technically this is against the rules.

I do not choose to lie and say a dog ordered products, I was just pointing out that some people do and the reasons they might.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I wasn't jumping on people. Please don't take it the wrong way.

I was just pointing out, in a different way, what you did, that technically this is against the rules.

I do not choose to lie and say a dog ordered products, I was just pointing out that some people do and the reasons they might.

Why even go there? :thumbdown: There is NO reason to explain to someone how to break the rules. Most people who are going to do it can come up with the ways themselves.

:(

I was just explaining that some people do this, and the reasons why her director might suggest it. Also that it is not a good idea to do so. People will get hurt. There will be misunderstandings.

In short, I didn't want her to recieve the kind of un-warm welcome I got to this site when I was a new consultant and talked about something my director suggested. It didn't matter that I saw the light and changed my mind. I had people calling me a THEIF.

I really am very sorry that this caused any kind of misunderstanding. I did not mean to hurt you in any way. I'd delete my post, but it has already been quoted.

ptcharper: As you can see this subject has come up before and there are those who will always be looking for the best deal even if it's cheating.

If it's your show put it in your name. You can however do a mystery host show and choose a customer to get the host benefits but remember that your goal is to get them to book shows with you and if you give away the benefits they wouldn't have incentive to do that. I do a mystery host show about once a year or two as a bonus to my faithful hosts and guests.

If you need a sale to make an incentive or to get enough to make the minimum show (or a level higher show) you CAN order products, just not for yourself, so buy gifts for those on your Christmas or other occassions list. Be sure to order them in the name of the person that you are getting them for.

If you need something for your kit or kitchen use the benefits from a show that you put in, do a personal order or wait for kit enhancement month. New products are always available at 50% off when they come out and we can also earn them.

Perfect. Beth said it better than I did. That's what I get for PWD (Posting While Drowsy.)

A consultant who posts a show in her own name also does not get the booking benefit when a host books off of her. But you DO get the current host special and other current host benefits, which, as Beth stated, can be given away as a mystery host.

This is why some people break the rules, others only ask about it because someone suggested it to them, and people get VERY emotional over this issue. I asked a similar question when I was new, and the responses were so brutal I almost walked away from this site.

Beth ... if you delete your post quoting me, I will delete said post also.

My former director told me to do this, too. She should have known better!
There is no problem putting a show in your own name.

If you choose to do "Consultant Acting As Host" not only are you following the rules, but you get the added bonus of less complicated warranty issues. I can't imagine the research involved in trying to figure out under what name you ordered something: "Hmmm was it me, my husband, my daughter? Maybe my son! Nope, let's check the dog, the neighbor? Dang, maybe it was my sister??? ..." Why complicate life? ;)

hmm my director told me about this too, wanted me to put my grand opening in my hubbys name. I decided not to though, she explained it but I didn't see why go through all that since my goal is to earn my stuff. Anyhow, there are people who are going to do things the right way and there are people who are going to find every loop hole they can. Also IC, I see you were trying to answer the question asked.. don't feel bad for doing so. I agree there is a nice way of telling someone new something what you think is wrong, without scaring them off.

Or in this case, simply telling them what the rules are, without passing judgement on it.I guess 3 year old wounds haven't quite healed .... When I was brand new I asked a similar question. I had so many people jump on me you would have thought I confessed to murder!

Well I'm new, and I am like a sponge trying to take it all in. But yes the rules. If my director says to try something, I will assume it's ok to do so. But if it's against the rules I would like for anyone here to let me know, without being rude or judging me. This way I can run my business the right way and teach those after me the right way. This is why I joined here, to learn and grow.. and share all the wonderful ideas :D!!!

Oh I know, I was too! I honestly thing people here missed the fact that I was new at the time. They went on and on about people leading newbies astray. They missed the fact that I was one of them!

Thank you all for responding. I honestly never questioned why she would tell me to do it that way-I just thought it was 'normal'. I just couldn't wrap my head around as to why so thats why I asked. I would never want to do anything unethical or deceptive.

Let me see if I get this straight-I have my own show and label it 'consultant acting as host'. I get the current month's benefit as well as all the 'perks' for being a host; no commission on my order but all the other orders I do; and no booking benefit. Is that right? Do I get my discount on my order?

I do appreciate the responses. I didn't take ofense to any of them. IC-thank you for looking out for the newbies since you had such a bad expierence. The only way us newbies can become good veterens is if we get the right guidence. I think thats the whole purpose of this site-for us to continue to grow in our business.

pctharper said:
Thank you all for responding. I honestly never questioned why she would tell me to do it that way-I just thought it was 'normal'. I just couldn't wrap my head around as to why so thats why I asked. I would never want to do anything unethical or deceptive.

Let me see if I get this straight-I have my own show and label it 'consultant acting as host'. I get the current month's benefit as well as all the 'perks' for being a host; no commission on my order but all the other orders I do; and no booking benefit. Is that right? Do I get my discount on my order?

I do appreciate the responses. I didn't take ofense to any of them. IC-thank you for looking out for the newbies since you had such a bad expierence. The only way us newbies can become good veterens is if we get the right guidence. I think thats the whole purpose of this site-for us to continue to grow in our business.
Yes, it's just not commissionable. Your consultant discount is 20% so often a show discount is greater so it can be a good way to get a few extras at a better price. Do the math and be aware of all the ways we can get products at reduced prices.

Free (show benefits or with PC$$ - combine with consultant discount or kit enhancement of 40% off or 50% off new product samples for best deal)
50% off (show benefits or new product samples in your first month and at the start of each new season)
60% off (show benefit)
40% off (kit enhancement in your 4th month and every April - must meet qualifications to get that - read the fine print)
20% off (consultant discount on a personal order - % is higher when you promote)
15-30% off (show benefit)
...and HO is always giving us additional ways to earn our products!

pctharper said:

Right. As a consultant hosting her own show, you'll get the monthly host special, the half price items and the free product earned from sales. You get commission on all sales except the host order. You do not get the booking benefits. You get commission on all guest orders.

You cannot apply your consultant discount, but you do get the host discount based on guest sales...sometimes this is more than your discount.

HTH

1. What is the "Own Show in Different Name?"

The "Own Show in Different Name?" is a special program offered by Pampered Chef where consultants have the opportunity to host their own cooking shows using a unique name of their choice.

2. How does the "Own Show in Different Name?" program work?

As a consultant, you can choose a name for your own cooking show and use it to promote and conduct virtual or in-person cooking demonstrations for your clients. This program allows you to personalize your brand and showcase your unique style as a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. What are the benefits of participating in the "Own Show in Different Name?" program?

The "Own Show in Different Name?" program allows you to stand out among other consultants and establish a recognizable brand for yourself. It also gives you the opportunity to showcase your creativity and unique personality while promoting Pampered Chef products. Additionally, consultants who participate in this program have reported an increase in sales and bookings.

4. Can I change my "Own Show in Different Name?" after I have already chosen one?

Yes, you can change your "Own Show in Different Name?" at any time. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant support team to make the change.

5. Is there a cost to participate in the "Own Show in Different Name?" program?

No, there is no additional cost to participate in this program. It is available for all consultants as a part of their Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennsRAQ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ashleypc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ashleypc
Replies