• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping to Ireland? Can Julie's Friend Order from Myers' Website?

In summary, Julie's sister's friend, who lives in Ireland, would need to order products through a UK consultant due to the currency exchange rate and tax laws. American consultants can only sell to customers with an American address, and even then, they are tax exempt. It is also important to note that some countries, such as Japan, have strict import/export policies that could potentially harm their economy if there is a large influx of American products.
pcjulie
My sister has a friend who lives in Ireland and loves the Bar Pan she bought at my sister's show last year (she just moved iver there). If she wanted to order some other things could she order off my website and have it shipped to Ireland, or would the shipping be astronomical?

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

She would have to order it through a UK consultant. American consultants can only sell to customers that have an American address. I am living in Germany as an American military family. I cannot sell to any German nationals, only Americans with an address on an American base. The Germans have to buy from a German consultant.

call me dumb....but.....I thought we had NO territories?

Kitchen cop,
You are right. We don't have territories. The difference in a foreign country is the exchange rate of their currency vs ours. If we started taking all of the UK's business, they would never have any!! Our dollar is worth about half of what their pound is worth. So, essentially, if our food chopper is 28 dollars, and theirs is 28 pounds....ours is about half as much!! The Euro is a little more confusing but you get the point.

Also in other countries, they have different tax laws. If I were not an American selling to Americans, we would pay 16% sales tax included in the price of any given item. Also, the income tax here is about 50%!! As it is now, each of my customers have to pay for direct shipping. We don't have the option of shipping to a host!! Each person has to have an American APO box. We don't get charged tax or shipping tax. We are tax exempt from everything German and American sales taxes! Too bad we still have to pay American income taxes!! :(

So unless Julie's friend is stationed there with the military, she probably will have to order from a UK rep. Julie, you may want to check this information with HO to be sure, but I am assuming it's the same as my situation.

Additionally,some countries such as Japan have very strigent import/export policies! The influx of our products(US) into a economy that is quite different from ours could be very damaging. I know for a fact that we as military paid a LOT less for everything!

Have a Pampered Day!
~Erin Smith

1. How long does it take for orders to be shipped to Ireland?

Orders typically take 7-10 business days to be shipped to Ireland from the Pampered Chef warehouse in the United States.

2. Is there an additional fee for shipping to Ireland?

Yes, there is an additional shipping fee for sending orders to Ireland. The exact amount will depend on the weight and size of the package.

3. Can I track my order to Ireland?

Yes, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number that you can use to track the status of your package to Ireland.

4. Are there any restrictions on what can be shipped to Ireland?

There are certain items that cannot be shipped to Ireland, such as perishable food items. Please check with our customer service team for a complete list of restricted items.

5. Can Julie's friend order from Myers' website and have it shipped to Ireland?

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer shipping to Ireland from Myers' website. However, Julie's friend can place an order directly through our Pampered Chef website and have it shipped to Ireland.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
Belle4562
Replies
Views
KirstenAnne