• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Objections: How Can I Handle Common Host Objections in Contact Calls?

In summary, the person attended a Judy Joel meeting and was given advice on how to overcome objections when making contact calls. They came up with 1) not enough time, 2) house too small, and 3) don't know enough people. They are stymied and would appreciate input on responses to these and any other objections/solutions you might share.
sueleeskitchen
I attended a Judy Joel meeting from HO. Her suggestion was to have 5 index cards with 5 most common objections from potential hosts, and 5 responses to overcome said objections, when making contact calls. I've come up with 1) not enough time, 2) house too small, 3) don't know enough people. From there, I am stymied. I would appreciate your input on responses to these and any other objections/solutions you might share. I think this could help me (and others?) get over the "Oh, okay." answer I usually give!!!

another objection- my friends are going through hard times, I don't want to make them feel bad when they can't afford it.
I got this a few months ago. There was someone on her list from a past party that she didn't want to invite because she didn't have $.
My response is that they are MANY great kitchen tools that are inexpensive. Something for every budget. Even if you don't think she would buy anything, invite her anyway. Let her know you understand it is a difficult time but she could probably use a night out. I wouldn't want to be excluded from fun because I didn't have enough $.
BTW- she did invite the past guest, she came, and had the biggest order.
Go figure! Sometimes people complain all the time, but do have $ for the things they want. She obviously was planning on buying, because she brought enough cash for her order.
Thanks for this thread, great idea.

Great Thread. I wanted to mention that there is a SUPER Tele-class on Consultants Corner that is recorded called "Overcoming Objections" If you haven't listened to the recorded one or been on a live call by the same title, jump on there and do one either way. That call is filled with great stuff!

They need to remember that not only are we offering kitchen tool's in every price range, but their friend's who don't have money, might be interested in the job oppourtunity.

sueleeskitchen said:
I attended a Judy Joel meeting from HO. Her suggestion was to have 5 index cards with 5 most common objections from potential hosts, and 5 responses to overcome said objections, when making contact calls. I've come up with 1) not enough time, 2) house too small, 3) don't know enough people. From there, I am stymied. I would appreciate your input on responses to these and any other objections/solutions you might share. I think this could help me (and others?) get over the "Oh, okay." answer I usually give!!!

What about people that say they don't want to clean their house for people to come over?

Thanks for the not enough $ objection! Great responses. Cleaning house: My responses would include, plan a party for spring, since you have the motivation for spring cleaning! Or, have you heard of a Heloise cleanup? Put all the piles in one room (with a locking door!!!LOL), then you just have to vacuum and dust (visible surfaces only!) I have found, after the party, I am motivated to organize the chaos piles. If not, they are in one place when you need to find something!!

sueleeskitchen said:
Thanks for the not enough $ objection! Great responses. Cleaning house: My responses would include, plan a party for spring, since you have the motivation for spring cleaning! Or, have you heard of a Heloise cleanup? Put all the piles in one room (with a locking door!!!LOL), then you just have to vacuum and dust (visible surfaces only!) I have found, after the party, I am motivated to organize the chaos piles. If not, they are in one place when you need to find something!!

You mean Heloise cleaning isn't real cleaning?!

Whenever I get the "don't want to clean" objection, I just tell my host to clean the one or two rooms everyone will see and shut the rest of the doors. They laugh and then I say I do it all the time!
With the don't know enough people tell them to invite their 5 best friends and ask each of them to bring one or 2 guests. New friends and new recipe for all!

I'm offering a prize for anyone that brings a friend to the show.

Here is one that I've not known what to say ( I am pretty new in the biz):

"No, thanks, I can't have a show because all my friends have very well-stocked kitchens" :confused:

How about when they say that all there friends were at this show, and they don't want to bother them again. Or when they say that other friends are doing other DS shows and they will all be tapped out.

mandy412 said:
What about people that say they don't want to clean their house for people to come over?

With spring/summer shows on their way you could mention the option of taking the party outside on their deck/patio.

babywings76 said:
How about when they say that all there friends were at this show, and they don't want to bother them again. Or when they say that other friends are doing other DS shows and they will all be tapped out.

To that one, I ask if she was able to get everything on her wish list? Her friends probably didn't either. Also, find out what kind of party she likes to have? I have a flyer from my director that lists a gazillion different parties. Chocolate martinis, Jimmy Buffet, appetizers, something for everyone! Focus on the get together, not the purchase.

Just back from Spring Launch P-) and took my objections with me! Here are responses I've gotten and a few extras thrown in:

First, do the following (from overcoming objections tele-class)
C check for understanding
A acknowledge feelings
R respond (with clarifying questions and information)
E extend the invitation again

From Spring Launch: “Is that a no, not yet or a no, not ever?”
And of course, remember that no’s are mathematical, not emotional!!!

HOUSE TOO SMALL
“I offer FLOOR prizes instead of DOOR prizes!”
Co-host with a friend.
Have a catalog show.
“I’ve done some really great parties in really tiny spaces! If you’re sure your place is too small, is there somewhere else we could do it? I’ve had hosts choose their church, lodge hall, or a friend’s house. If that’s the only thing holding you back, I’m sure we can work something out!”

NO ONE WILL COME
“Have you heard of the law of averages? If you invite 40 people, 20 will say yes, and 3-5 of those won’t come. I can help you put together your guest list, to insure that you will have a great party!”

DON’T WANT TO CLEAN HOUSE
“Have you heard of a Heloise Cleanup? Take all your piles and put them in a bedroom (with a lock!!) and dust and vacuum only visible areas. You just have to clean your kitchen and bathroom! After your party, you may find that those piles beg to be organized, but if not, you at least know where to go to find something!”
“Plan a Spring Party – it gives you the motivation to get that Spring cleaning done!”
Take the party outside!

TOO STRESSFUL TO PLAN/HOST A PARTY
“My job is to distress your party! I send out the invitations and can even make the RSVP calls for you!”
“What are the top 3 stressors to planning a party for you?”

NOT ENOUGH TIME
“How long do you think it will take?
“What keeps you so busy…kids, job, volunteering? You are just the host I want, because you know a lot of people through your activities! Let me show you how we can make this a fun, easy process!” (see too stressful)

NOT ENOUGH MONEY – SELF OR FRIENDS
“Pampered Chef has tools for every budget!”
Share the business opportunity
“I understand how you feel. I’ve found a lot of my customers are going through the same thing right now. Can I tell you what I’ve been doing to help people right now in that situation?”
Feature $2 or less meals
“Don’t ya’ll deserve a fun, inexpensive evening?”
“Make your wish list from the catalog, and I’ll show you how to get them free or at a discount!”
Reiterate the specials this month
“You get what you pay for. I bought a baster brush at Wal-Mart several years ago, and it fell apart shortly after. The brush I got from the Pampered Chef to replace it is still working great! Our quality tools will last for years!”

I DON’T COOK
“Do you entertain? We have lots of great tools to help prepare convenience food, or to make entertaining a breeze!
“Now’s the time to start! I can make it easy for you!”
“I can show you how to get out of the kitchen quickly when you have to cook!”
Pampered Chef makes cooking fun
Do you bake?

I DON’T KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE
“A wonderful way to have a larger party is to ask your guests to each bring 1 or 2 friends. You will get to meet new people!
“I offer a prize to each person who brings a friend!”
“You might know more people than you think! Do you attend church, belong to quilting group, have a dentist, belong to Facebook, etc?”
“I can help you with that!” (Host Coaching)

Door prize slip game:

Write the numbers one through five going down the slip.
1) List 5 friends not here tonight
2) What one item or grouping did you see that you would really like, but not buying tonight?
3) Which is your favorite when dining out – appetizer, entrée, or dessert?
4) Which do you prefer – coffee, tea, punch or Margaritas?
5) What night of the week is least hectic for you?
“Now, for those of you who’ve been sitting here thinking you might like to have a show of your own, I want you to know you’ve just done the hardest part! You started the guest list, started making a list of items you’re going to earn for free or discount as the host, started planning the menu and drinks you’ll serve your friends, and you’ve even selected the night to have your show!”

YAHOO! Thanks so much for sharing this!!!!! SUPER job compiling this!

sueleeskitchen said:
TOO STRESSFUL TO PLAN/HOST A PARTY
“My job is to distress your party! I send out the invitations and can even make the RSVP calls for you!”
“What are the top 3 stressors to planning a party for you?”

You might want to make that DE-STRESS, instead of DISTRESS ;)

OMGoodness, I've been laughing! Wow, totally missed it. Yes indeed, de-stress, not distress :)

What is the "Overcoming Objections Primer!"?

The "Overcoming Objections Primer!" is a training program designed to help Pampered Chef consultants learn techniques and strategies for handling common objections from potential customers and how to turn them into sales.

How will the "Overcoming Objections Primer!" benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

By completing the "Overcoming Objections Primer!", you will gain valuable skills and knowledge on how to effectively address and overcome objections from customers, which can ultimately lead to increased sales and success in your business.

Is the "Overcoming Objections Primer!" only for new consultants?

No, the "Overcoming Objections Primer!" is beneficial for both new and experienced consultants. It can serve as a refresher for experienced consultants and provide new techniques for addressing objections that may not have been previously learned.

How can I access the "Overcoming Objections Primer!"?

The "Overcoming Objections Primer!" is available online through the Pampered Chef training website. You can access it at any time by logging into your consultant account and clicking on the training tab.

Can I complete the "Overcoming Objections Primer!" at my own pace?

Yes, the "Overcoming Objections Primer!" is a self-paced training program. You can complete it at your own convenience and revisit any sections as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedlife
  • soonerchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • KaiKendall