• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcharged a Customer! Help

In summary, it is recommended to reach out to the customer and apologize for the mistake, offering either a refund or ordering the rubs for her. If ordering, consider using your host's discount with her permission or covering the cost yourself. Communication and finding a solution that works for both parties is key.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I over charged a customer by $10 (now that I look closely it looks like she wrote a 2 first and then wrote a 1 over it). I figured I'll just call her and tell her I can mail her a check for the $10 but the dilemma is that the $10 put her over the $60 mark so she selected 2 rubs. I'm trying to figure out a way to just buy the rubs for her but without it costing me too much for my mistake. Would you call the customer and explain that she's no longer eligible for the rubs? Or would you just refund her the money and order them yourself? And if you would order them, what would you suggest is the best way to get them? On the hosts order to get her discount? (it's my aunt so I could easily explain the situation to her)

I would just call and explain to her, maybe she'll add to her order herself.

wadesgirl said:
I would just call and explain to her, maybe she'll add to her order herself.

I would do the same.

Thanks, I called and she understood. She was actually happy to get the refund and said she didn't really care about the rubs!

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your mistake with the customer's order. It's understandable that you want to make things right, but it can be tricky when it affects their eligibility for the rubs. In situations like this, I would recommend reaching out to the customer and apologizing for the mistake. Let her know that you would be happy to either refund her the $10 or order the rubs for her, whichever she prefers. If she chooses to have the rubs, you could offer to place an order for her using your host's discount, with her permission of course. If that is not an option, you could also offer to cover the cost of the rubs yourself. Ultimately, the most important thing is to communicate openly and honestly with the customer and come to a solution that works for both parties. I hope this helps and good luck with resolving the situation!

What should I do if I accidentally overcharged a customer?

If you realize that you have overcharged a customer, the first step is to apologize and acknowledge the mistake. Then, offer a solution to rectify the situation. This could include issuing a refund or providing a discount on their next purchase.

Can I just ignore the overcharge and hope the customer doesn't notice?

No, it is not recommended to ignore an overcharge. This could damage your reputation and trust with the customer. It is important to address the issue and make things right.

What if the customer is angry about the overcharge?

It is understandable for the customer to be upset about being overcharged. In this situation, it is important to remain calm and empathize with their frustration. Apologize and offer a solution to resolve the issue.

How can I prevent overcharging in the future?

To prevent overcharging, it is important to double-check prices and totals before processing a transaction. Utilizing a point-of-sale system or calculator can also help ensure accuracy. Additionally, staying organized and keeping track of sales and prices can help prevent mistakes.

What if the customer wants a full refund for the overcharge?

If the customer requests a full refund for the overcharge, it is important to honor their request. Apologize for the mistake and issue the refund promptly. Consider offering a discount or coupon for their next purchase to show your appreciation for their understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies