• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Oven Pork Chops in the DCB Be Moist and Delicious with This Rice Trick?

In summary, to prepare Oven Pork Chops in the Dcb, preheat your oven and marinate the pork chops before placing them in the Deep Covered Baker. Cook for the recommended time and check for an internal temperature of 145°F. Any type of pork chops can be used, but thicker cuts may require longer cooking. No additional liquid is necessary, but vegetables can be added in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
There are several recipes for pork chops in the DCB, cooked in the oven, but with all of them the rice got dry and crunchy. I tried this variation, and we all were happy with the results:

6 boneless pork chops
1 cup regular brown rice (not instant or parboiled)
2 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 can french fried onions

Put the rice in the bottom of the DCB. Add cream of chicken soup (undiluted), and 2 cups chicken broth. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place on top of rice. Put cover on, and bake in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours.

After 2 hours, take cover off and sprinkle the top of chops with 1/2 can french fried onion rings. Bake 5 minutes till onions are golden.

Sounds yummy, thanks!

added on to the dcb file

1. How do I prepare the Oven Pork Chops in the Dcb?

To prepare Oven Pork Chops in the Dcb, start by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature. Then, marinate the pork chops with your desired seasonings and place them in the Deep Covered Baker. Cover the baker with the lid and cook in the oven for the recommended time.

2. Can I use any type of pork chops for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pork chops for Oven Pork Chops in the Dcb. However, thicker cuts of pork chops may require a longer cooking time.

3. Do I need to add any liquid to the Dcb while cooking the pork chops?

No, the pork chops will produce their own juices while cooking in the Dcb. However, you can add a small amount of broth or water if desired.

4. How do I know when the pork chops are fully cooked?

The pork chops should reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) to be fully cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature or cut into the thickest part of the pork chop to ensure it is no longer pink.

5. Can I add vegetables to the Dcb with the pork chops?

Yes, you can add vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions to the Dcb with the pork chops. Just make sure to add them in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking to prevent them from overcooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef