• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Stones in an Oven: Is it Safe?

In summary, you can clean your Pampered Chef oven stone with mild soap and warm water, but avoid using oven cleaner as it may damage the stone and affect the taste of your food. It is recommended to clean the stone after each use, using a scraper or mild abrasive cleaner for heavy residue. Do not put the stone in the dishwasher, as this may cause it to crack or break. There is no need to season the stone, simply clean it before use.
ericadboone
Gold Member
I had a guest at a party recently who told me that her daughter has some stones, which she loves of course...but she said that she cleans them by leaving them in her oven when she cleans the oven, and they come out looking new. Has anyone ever done this? Is it recommended? Does it make the seasoning go away?

Sorry, i see other related threads.

I have never personally tried this method, but from what I have researched, it is not recommended. Leaving stones in the oven during the self-cleaning cycle can cause them to crack or break due to the high heat. Additionally, the self-cleaning cycle can strip away the seasoning on the stones, which helps to prevent sticking and adds flavor to food. It is better to clean stones with hot water and a scrub brush, or by using a mild soap if necessary. It is also important to dry the stones thoroughly before storing them.

1. Can I use soap and water to clean my Pampered Chef oven stone?

Yes, you can use a mild soap and warm water to clean your oven stone. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and dry completely before using again.

2. Is it safe to use oven cleaner on my Pampered Chef stone?

No, it is not recommended to use oven cleaner on your Pampered Chef stone as it may damage the stone and affect the taste of your food.

3. How often should I clean my Pampered Chef oven stone?

You should clean your oven stone after each use. For heavy residue, you may need to use a scraper or a mild abrasive cleaner.

4. Can I put my Pampered Chef stone in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your Pampered Chef stone in the dishwasher as it may cause the stone to crack or break.

5. Do I need to season my Pampered Chef oven stone?

No, you do not need to season your Pampered Chef oven stone. Simply clean it before use and it is ready to go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • HeatherB
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kam
  • its_me_susan