• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Oven Baked French Toast Recipe from Stoneware Sensations Cook Book

In summary, you can use any type of bread for oven baked french toast, but thicker and denser breads are best. You can also make it in advance and use any type of milk for the custard mixture, with whole milk or a combination of whole milk and heavy cream being recommended for a richer and creamier result. Frozen bread can also be used, but it must be fully thawed before using. The baking time is approximately 30-35 minutes, but may vary depending on the type and thickness of the bread. It's best to check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center of the dish.
Tpol04
Hi I am hoping that someone might be able to help me. I have a show this Saturday and the host would like to make the oven back french toast. The recipe is out of the Stoneware sensations cook book. Does anyone have that recipe by any chance? I don't have a copy of it

Oven Bake french toast not oven back!! oops

Go to the beta site recipes. It is there.

Here is the link
Recipe Detail

(on my phone so I am not sure if the link pasted right.)

Thanks Kathleen. How come they have more recipes at the beta site and not on our consultants corner.

I made this today for a brunch show. I prepped it the night before (it literally took about 4 minutes) and brought it to the host. We popped it in the pre-heated oven and finished it off with the guests. It smelled amazing as the guests were arriving! We also did the Chicken Club Ring and had fresh fruit. Rave reviews from all!

This sounds delicious! I think I'll make it tomorrow for the family. Thanks, Kathleen, for the link.

1. Can I use any type of bread for oven baked french toast?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for oven baked french toast. However, thicker and denser breads like brioche or challah work best as they can hold up to the custard mixture without getting too soggy.

2. Can I make oven baked french toast in advance?

Yes, you can make oven baked french toast in advance. Simply prepare the dish as instructed and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Keep it in the fridge until ready to bake. Just make sure to let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before baking.

3. Can I use a different type of milk for the custard mixture?

Yes, you can use any type of milk for the custard mixture. However, using whole milk or a combination of whole milk and heavy cream will result in a richer and creamier french toast.

4. Can I use frozen bread for oven baked french toast?

Yes, you can use frozen bread for oven baked french toast. Just make sure to thaw it completely before using, otherwise the custard mixture may not fully soak into the bread.

5. How long does it take to bake oven baked french toast?

The baking time for oven baked french toast is about 30-35 minutes. However, the exact time may vary depending on the type and thickness of the bread used. It's best to check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center of the dish. If it comes out clean, the french toast is ready.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies