• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Oval Bakers & Cranberry Glazed Pieces!

In summary, the host's favorite piece of the Oval Baker is breaking and she is bummed because it was not a special this month.
pamperedberry
Gold Member
I have a great host that just had a great show for me. She is asking about the Oval Baker. She had a Cranberry glazed one that she said broke last Thanksgiving. Her white glazed one is now cracking. She says it's her favorite piece and was bummed when it wasn't one of the host specials this month.

I've been doing this 3 years (anniversary in 4 days)...and can't remember ever selling them. So I'm wondering if it was retired before I started selling.

Not quite sure how to respond to her! Please help!!!
Thanks!!

Yes...there was an Oval Baker. I do not remember when it went away....but every now and then, it is on the Outlet. Depending on what her reasoning, but if its because of the size, she may like the mini-baker as well. Instead of oval, it's round. Not much different in size if I remember correctly.

I agree with Bobbi that the size isn't much different but I do have a certain specific love for my oval baker - as do many of my customers. I have one that has 5 because she stocked up last time they were on the Outlet. Something about that oval baker. love it!

There was actually a large oval baker as well. It looked just like the small one but much larger in size. I love mine, it's also one of my favorite pieces!!

I'm pretty sure your host is talking about the oval baker -- the larger one. It's about the same volume as the square baker but the oval shape is a favorite among old school cooks. The small oval baker is the one that is similar in size to the mini baker. It was actually a bit smaller than the mini baker. Watch the outlet. They just had the deep dish baker on there so who knows? That oval baker just might show up!

Yes, the oval baker is just enough different shape that they are my favorites. I have the cream-colored ones. The small oval used to be in the consultant starter kit, so I got that one when I joined. The bigger oval one is just as pretty.

It was called French Vanilla and it was an off-white glaze. They added the cranberry ones after that. Fall/Winter 2007 was the last catalog showing them.

Anyway, the shape is more elegant-looking, somehow, than either the round or square. I make potatoes au gratin in it mostly, but I've done cobblers, too.

1. What are the advantages of using oval bakers for cooking?

Oval bakers have a larger surface area, allowing for more even cooking and better browning of food. They also have higher sides, making them ideal for dishes with sauces or gravies. Additionally, the shape of the baker makes it perfect for serving family-style meals.

2. Are the oval bakers oven-safe?

Yes, all of our Pampered Chef oval bakers are oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. They are also microwave and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use the oval bakers on the stovetop?

No, our oval bakers are not designed to be used on the stovetop. They are meant for oven use only.

4. How do I clean the cranberry glazed pieces?

The cranberry glazed pieces should be hand washed with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the glaze. For tough stains, soak the pieces in a mixture of baking soda and water before washing.

5. Can I use the cranberry glazed pieces in the freezer?

Yes, the cranberry glazed pieces are freezer-safe. They can be used to store food in the freezer and can also go directly from the freezer to the oven for cooking or reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • janinebpc
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • PampMomof3