1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Outline for Shows?

1. PamperedJess

PamperedJess Member

Does anyone have an outline that they use for shows? I posted a message the other day because I had a terrible show. It just seemed like I ran out of things to say to the guest. Any ideas will help....thanks.

Jess

Oct 11, 2005
  2. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

I guess I have a basic outline that I follow at every "regular" kitchen show (some theme shows and hands-on shows are different). Here it is:
    • Brief Introduction of myself--"Before I get my hands in your food, I guess I should tell you a little about myself"
    • Thank you to hostess--talk about Season's Best as gift
    • Guest introductions--name, how you know the host, and rate yourself in the kitchen/favorite PC product
    • I ask, "Ok, so who here came with something specific in mind to buy? (show of hands) Who here came to learn a new recipe, or for the food? Who here came to learn some new cooking tips? Alright, "hostess", close your eyes....Who here came because "susie" begged you?"
    • Briefly describe recipes we are making
    • Start recipe--I talk about the products that I use that are over $20 in more detail, I cross sell items, I mention every item that I use that came in my Super Starter Kit, I let the guests know what products are in my top ten
    • During the demo, I have volunteers come up and try the products (US&G, Food Chopper, DCG, etc)
    • I always pass around the food chopper and have each guest name something they can chop in the food chopper besides nuts and onions
    • Once the recipe is in the oven, I talk about Stoneware (15 min)
    • Then I talk about cookware (10 min)
    • I play a game either before the demo, before the Stoneware talk, or after the cookware talk
    • I then talk about bookings--show my theme show binder, talk about host benefits
    • Then I talk about recruiting--do my 30 second commercial/story, talk about recruiting incentives, hand around my recruiting binder, and then play the "Let's Be Nosy Game"
    • Then I go over the Prize Drawing Slip, hand them out, and tell guests they must competely fill it out to win. On the back, I ask them to write what they would do with an extra $500 a month
    • I collect the prize drawing slips, do the drawings with the slips and the tickets, and then hand out catalogs and order forms (winner of the prize drawing slip I read, "The person that would _____ with an extra $500 a month is the winner"
    • By then, the food is done, and I'm in the kitchen helping the host cut and serve the food

This is just a basic outline. I pretty much follow it the same at every basic show. Even for hands on shows, I start off the same, have the guests make the recipe as I walk around and talk about the products they are using, then let them sit down once it's in the oven (if it doesn't go in the oven, I serve them, then have them sit down). I talk about my top ten products, stoneware, and cookware, then do the booking and recruiting part, etc...

Hope this helps!

Oct 11, 2005
  3. PamperedJess

PamperedJess Member

:) You are awesome...Thanks so much!!! I really really appreciate it.

Oct 11, 2005
  4. PamperedJess

PamperedJess Member

What's the "Let's be Nosy" Game?

Oct 11, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I introduce myself, start my recipe.... pause & go through my "book" - it has the monthly specials, some career info, catalog hostess wanted info, copies of the things I've won for free! I describe those items when I get to them (kind of like show & tell), ask them to introduce themselves and state their favorite product and what they love about it (they sell to each other much more easily) - and then pass the book around and finish up my recipe.

I need to get the recipes done earlier though I think. While making them, I show and ask if anyone wants to try the tool.

:)

Oct 11, 2005
  6. PamperedJess

PamperedJess Member

That's a great outline too.

Oct 11, 2005
  7. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

The Let's Be Nosy game is a recruiting game. I tell the guests that they can be nosy, and ask me anything they want about my business! They can ask about products, but they won't get a ticket. For every question asked I give a ticket. I will either set a time (3 minutes) or 10 tickets, and stop when the tickets are gone. I tell everyone "just because you ask a question doesn't mean I'm going to hound you because I think you're interested in becoming a consultant. It just means you want to win the prize!!!!" That eases the group so they know that the questions are harmless....

Oct 11, 2005
Have something to add?