• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help with show outlines and engaging guests?

In summary, the conversation was about sharing an outline for kitchen shows and discussing different elements that can be included such as introducing oneself, thanking the hostess, guest introductions, recipe demonstrations with product highlights and cross-selling, talking about stoneware and cookware, playing games, discussing bookings and recruiting, and ending with a prize drawing. The "Let's Be Nosy" game was also mentioned, which is a recruiting game where guests can ask questions and earn tickets for a prize without feeling pressured to join as a consultant.
PamperedJess
Does anyone have an outline that they use for shows? I posted a message the other day because I had a terrible show. It just seemed like I ran out of things to say to the guest. Any ideas will help....thanks.

Jess

I guess I have a basic outline that I follow at every "regular" kitchen show (some theme shows and hands-on shows are different). Here it is:
  • Brief Introduction of myself--"Before I get my hands in your food, I guess I should tell you a little about myself"
  • Thank you to hostess--talk about Season's Best as gift
  • Guest introductions--name, how you know the host, and rate yourself in the kitchen/favorite PC product
  • I ask, "Ok, so who here came with something specific in mind to buy? (show of hands) Who here came to learn a new recipe, or for the food? Who here came to learn some new cooking tips? Alright, "hostess", close your eyes....Who here came because "susie" begged you?"
  • Briefly describe recipes we are making
  • Start recipe--I talk about the products that I use that are over $20 in more detail, I cross sell items, I mention every item that I use that came in my Super Starter Kit, I let the guests know what products are in my top ten
  • During the demo, I have volunteers come up and try the products (US&G, Food Chopper, DCG, etc)
  • I always pass around the food chopper and have each guest name something they can chop in the food chopper besides nuts and onions
  • Once the recipe is in the oven, I talk about Stoneware (15 min)
  • Then I talk about cookware (10 min)
  • I play a game either before the demo, before the Stoneware talk, or after the cookware talk
  • I then talk about bookings--show my theme show binder, talk about host benefits
  • Then I talk about recruiting--do my 30 second commercial/story, talk about recruiting incentives, hand around my recruiting binder, and then play the "Let's Be Nosy Game"
  • Then I go over the Prize Drawing Slip, hand them out, and tell guests they must competely fill it out to win. On the back, I ask them to write what they would do with an extra $500 a month
  • I collect the prize drawing slips, do the drawings with the slips and the tickets, and then hand out catalogs and order forms (winner of the prize drawing slip I read, "The person that would _____ with an extra $500 a month is the winner"
  • By then, the food is done, and I'm in the kitchen helping the host cut and serve the food

This is just a basic outline. I pretty much follow it the same at every basic show. Even for hands on shows, I start off the same, have the guests make the recipe as I walk around and talk about the products they are using, then let them sit down once it's in the oven (if it doesn't go in the oven, I serve them, then have them sit down). I talk about my top ten products, stoneware, and cookware, then do the booking and recruiting part, etc...

Hope this helps!

:) You are awesome...Thanks so much!!! I really really appreciate it.

What's the "Let's be Nosy" Game?

PamperedJess said:
Does anyone have an outline that they use for shows? I posted a message the other day because I had a terrible show. It just seemed like I ran out of things to say to the guest. Any ideas will help....thanks.

Jess

I introduce myself, start my recipe.... pause & go through my "book" - it has the monthly specials, some career info, catalog hostess wanted info, copies of the things I've won for free! I describe those items when I get to them (kind of like show & tell), ask them to introduce themselves and state their favorite product and what they love about it (they sell to each other much more easily) - and then pass the book around and finish up my recipe.

I need to get the recipes done earlier though I think. While making them, I show and ask if anyone wants to try the tool.

:)

That's a great outline too.

The Let's Be Nosy game is a recruiting game. I tell the guests that they can be nosy, and ask me anything they want about my business! They can ask about products, but they won't get a ticket. For every question asked I give a ticket. I will either set a time (3 minutes) or 10 tickets, and stop when the tickets are gone. I tell everyone "just because you ask a question doesn't mean I'm going to hound you because I think you're interested in becoming a consultant. It just means you want to win the prize!!!!" That eases the group so they know that the questions are harmless....

What is an "Outline for Shows?"

An "Outline for Shows" is a detailed plan or script that outlines the flow of a Pampered Chef cooking show. It includes talking points, product demonstrations, and interactive activities to engage the audience.

Why is an "Outline for Shows" important?

An "Outline for Shows" serves as a guide for the consultant to effectively and efficiently present the Pampered Chef products to the audience. It ensures that all important information is covered and helps the consultant stay on track during the show.

How do I create an "Outline for Shows?"

To create an "Outline for Shows," you can use the Show Outline tool provided on your Pampered Chef consultant dashboard. This tool allows you to customize your outline by selecting products and adding your own notes and talking points.

Can I personalize the "Outline for Shows" for different audiences?

Yes, you can personalize the "Outline for Shows" for different audiences. For example, if you are hosting a show for a group of busy moms, you can focus on quick and easy meal solutions, while for a group of foodies, you can highlight the gourmet features of the products.

Do I have to follow the "Outline for Shows" exactly?

The "Outline for Shows" is meant to serve as a guide and can be adjusted based on the needs and preferences of the audience. However, it is important to cover all necessary information and use the products as intended to ensure a successful show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CorrieW
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies