• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outline for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder Please!

I start by telling them that the key to this show is the potatoes - I tell them that the potatoes are a good source of iron, and that the most important thing is to use the best potatoes possible. I talk about their "suggested" cooking time for the potatoes, being 30 minutes - I tell them that the only way they can know how well the potatoes are cooked is by putting a finger in the bowl, and if it's barely warm, then they need
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I cannot find mine and I have a show tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't done a live show in 2 months and I feel all wonky...

TIA!

Go to PC website and click on recipes then comfort food. There you will see a file that shows you step by step with photos.

lockhartkitchen said:
Go to PC website and click on recipes then comfort food. There you will see a file that shows you step by step with photos.

Yes I know, I have bee a consultant for almost 7 years. I know where the PC resources are but I was hoping someone who had actually done a show in the field could help with some insight. I have made this at home a while ago and misplaced my outline. I have been sick or taking care or sick kids for 2 weeks and did not have a chance to make it again before my show today.

Never mind... I will make due

Good luck at your show today Paulette!

I love this recipe, but have had trouble doing it at shows. I'd appreciate any tips that you can share. I've done it at 2 shows and had a lot of trouble filling the time in between micro-cookings with this one. I felt really ackward and kinda lost my train of thought with it. What do you do during the cook times?

Thanks Linda!

I was looking for tips on those exact things! A friend I made at conference gave me her outline but I misplaced it. and she has not been on FB lately.

Oh well... I will make it work!

I am so excited for this show. I am praying for some bookings and at least 1 recruit lead.

I've got my fingers crossed for you - rock it!

pamperedlinda said:
I've got my fingers crossed for you - rock it!

Thanks Linda, It means alot! With my DH out of work I NEED to step up mu business. I have been working it more and trying to be more efficient. My avatar is my new wallpaper on my laptop and I'm working on getting my family to hold me accountable.

I am making this at a show tonight, and am planning on starting the first cooking as people arrive and then while it is cooking the first time, I'll be doing my intro and then we can move right into the demo with me beginning by telling them about the first steps to this recipe. I am also going to make the garlic bites to go along side of it, so I figure I can give them the opportunity to use the knife to cut up the biscuits. This will be my first time making it at a party so I guess we'll see how it goes!

Hey Paulette...when you get a hold of an outline for this one would you mind emailing it to me? Thanks!
[email protected]

dannyzmom said:
Hey Paulette...when you get a hold of an outline for this one would you mind emailing it to me? Thanks!
[email protected]

Sure thing Carolyn!

I will report on the show when I get home as well.

Hmmm... I thought more people were doing this at shows and raving about it. Where they????

Helloooo??? LOL

Actually, I have a show today and we are making the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. This will be the first time I have made it at a show however I did demo it for our cluster meeting when we first got the recipe.
I have made it several times at home and I think I feel comfortable doing it at the show today. I will let you know how it goes!

if someone does have an outline, I would love it if you could share, too

I have done this show successfully for about 3 months, and I LOVE it.I don't have a written outline for it, but I'll try to give some pointers/tips for doing it.FIRST - I mostly peel the potatoes before the show...the first time I did this, I didn't, and the top of the soup was a layer of potato peels. It look :yuck:yuck:yuck:, so I decided to peel from then on.THEN - I also cut the potatoes into at least quarters. (this cuts substantial time off the actual cooking time)Just before people start arriving, I pour the 1/2 cup of milk into the potatoes, and, also S&P, and pop it into the micro for 12 minutes. For the actual demo - I first show them the cooked potatoes, and then do the Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites, and put those in the oven, and then I finish the soup, and put that back in the micro for about 6-7 minutes, While it's in the micro, I do the toppings (chop bacon or ham, broccoli, etc...) and then pull the biscuits out of the oven. Show the biscuits sliding out of the pan, talk about cookware, and then get the Chowder out of the micro. Do the finishing touches - and it's done!

Do you steam the broccoli ahead of show time?

Bren706 said:
Do you steam the broccoli ahead of show time?

I usually have the host do that before the show, if she wants broccoli.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have done this show successfully for about 3 months, and I LOVE it.

I don't have a written outline for it, but I'll try to give some pointers/tips for doing it.

FIRST - I mostly peel the potatoes before the show...the first time I did this, I didn't, and the top of the soup was a layer of potato peels. It look :yuck:yuck:yuck:, so I decided to peel from then on.

THEN - I also cut the potatoes into at least quarters. (this cuts substantial time off the actual cooking time)

Just before people start arriving, I pour the 1/2 cup of milk into the potatoes, and, also S&P, and pop it into the micro for 12 minutes.

For the actual demo - I first show them the cooked potatoes, and then do the Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites, and put those in the oven, and then I finish the soup, and put that back in the micro for about 6-7 minutes, While it's in the micro, I do the toppings (chop bacon or ham, broccoli, etc...) and then pull the biscuits out of the oven. Show the biscuits sliding out of the pan, talk about cookware, and then get the Chowder out of the micro. Do the finishing touches - and it's done!

Thanks Becky, I will recap how my show went later... I will make some adjustments next time.

guess what my sales are???

$1284.00!!!!!!!!!! so far! Going to close tomorrow for tripplepoints!!!!!

Wahoo Paulette!!! You are going to love looking at your incentive tracker after it's all posted.

I'm doing the chowder for the first time at a show tomorrow. I made it at home a while ago. Got distracted by my kids and only nuked it for half the time (missed the second 11 minutes). Finally figured it out after forcing myself to eat it and wondering why it wasn't thicker. Here's hoping it comes out well tomorrow.

Becca_in_MD said:
Wahoo Paulette!!! You are going to love looking at your incentive tracker after it's all posted.

I'm doing the chowder for the first time at a show tomorrow. I made it at home a while ago. Got distracted by my kids and only nuked it for half the time (missed the second 11 minutes). Finally figured it out after forcing myself to eat it and wondering why it wasn't thicker. Here's hoping it comes out well tomorrow.

Becca - if you quarter (or more) the potatoes, you can skip the 2nd 11 minutes. Much quicker that way!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have done this show successfully for about 3 months, and I LOVE it.

I don't have a written outline for it, but I'll try to give some pointers/tips for doing it.

FIRST - I mostly peel the potatoes before the show...the first time I did this, I didn't, and the top of the soup was a layer of potato peels. It look :yuck:yuck:yuck:, so I decided to peel from then on.

THEN - I also cut the potatoes into at least quarters. (this cuts substantial time off the actual cooking time)

Just before people start arriving, I pour the 1/2 cup of milk into the potatoes, and, also S&P, and pop it into the micro for 12 minutes.

For the actual demo - I first show them the cooked potatoes, and then do the Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites, and put those in the oven, and then I finish the soup, and put that back in the micro for about 6-7 minutes, While it's in the micro, I do the toppings (chop bacon or ham, broccoli, etc...) and then pull the biscuits out of the oven. Show the biscuits sliding out of the pan, talk about cookware, and then get the Chowder out of the micro. Do the finishing touches - and it's done!

Becky - my love for you grows deeper! :love::love: You rock girlfriend

etteluap70PC said:
$1284.00!!!!!!!!!! so far! Going to close tomorrow for tripplepoints!!!!!

Paulette - I'm so happy for you, that is awesome! :chef::thumbup:

Way to go, Paulette! That is so awesome!

Last edited:
Ok so this show finished as my highest EVER!!! $1449!

She got $475 FREE

Holy WOW!

etteluap70PC said:

She got $475 FREE

Holy WOW!

Way to go Paulette!
Share with us the outline you followed!!

WOW Congratulations Paulette! Way to go girl.

dannyzmom said:
Way to go Paulette!
Share with us the outline you followed!!

I didn't... just used the recipe card. It felt very awkward. I will use BeckyD's tips next time.

This show was at a newly remodeled house. I guess the place was a NASTY pit when they bought it a year ago. So she invited over 40 and had almost 20 in attendance. They all wanted to see the house. Some of them drove quite a way. The furthest was over 4 hours! Many drove an hr or more.

I just tried to keep it relaxed and fun.

etteluap70PC said:
I didn't... just used the recipe card. It felt very awkward. I will use BeckyD's tips next time.

This show was at a newly remodeled house. I guess the place was a NASTY pit when they bought it a year ago. So she invited over 40 and had almost 20 in attendance. They all wanted to see the house. Some of them drove quite a way. The furthest was over 4 hours! Many drove an hr or more.

I just tried to keep it relaxed and fun.

Oh come on now Paulette - those gals drove the 4 hours TO SEE YOU!!!! ;)

dannyzmom said:
Oh come on now Paulette - those gals drove the 4 hours TO SEE YOU!!!! ;)

Aw... shucks!

etteluap70PC said:

She got $475 FREE

Holy WOW!

woot woot! Awesome job Paulette :thumbup::chef:

I did the chowder for the first time at a show on Sunday and I had trouble filling the time during the 2nd 11 minutes. When I made it myself as practice I thought that doing the other stuff like whisking in the cream cheese and grating the cheddar, etc. would take longer. I will try quartering the potatoes though as someone suggested, this would work great if I could eliminate or cut down on the second 11 minutes!The guests all loved the chowder and I sold one DCB, total show was $745.

When I make this recipe, I also make the garlic biscuit bites. They go well, and making them is a great time filler for when the potatoes are baking the first time. Then they pop in the oven while we move on with the recipe. That also gives me time to talk about other favorite recipes I use the DCB for and also about the cookware and other meal options with it being able to go in the oven. I'm doing this again for a show on Friday. I'm going to type up my outline and I'll put it on here in case anyone wants to see it.

Can someone share the garlic bites recipe please?

babywings76 said:
When I make this recipe, I also make the garlic biscuit bites. They go well, and making them is a great time filler for when the potatoes are baking the first time. Then they pop in the oven while we move on with the recipe. That also gives me time to talk about other favorite recipes I use the DCB for and also about the cookware and other meal options with it being able to go in the oven.

I'm doing this again for a show on Friday. I'm going to type up my outline and I'll put it on here in case anyone wants to see it.

Me me me me me me !!!!!! :D

ChefBeckyD said:

I've tweaked it a little beyond this...I slice the unpeeled potatoes with the mandoline (pick a blade, any blade), then pour in milk and only need to cook it that first time, stir in the cream cheese mixture, heat through for 4-5 minutes and you're good to go. Shows the Mandoline AND the Magic Pot. I also cook bacon on the bar pan, steam broccoli in the micro-cooker (and chop it with the chopper) and grate cheese with the grater. While the potatoes are cooking and when cream cheese mixture is done (I use a whole block by the way...really creamy), we open a bag of salad and put it into a bamboo bowl and then slice up some french bread. Dinner is served.

I have been booking shows right and left with that recipe and THOSE hosts are also requesting the same recipe. It's awesome!

Hmmm...that's my outline in a nutshell (though I've stopped using an outline...I just whip out the SB and have someone keep us on track by reading the recipe).

HTH

Chefstover2 said:
I've tweaked it a little beyond this...I slice the unpeeled potatoes with the mandoline (pick a blade, any blade), then pour in milk and only need to cook it that first time, stir in the cream cheese mixture, heat through for 4-5 minutes and you're good to go. Shows the Mandoline AND the Magic Pot. I also cook bacon on the bar pan, steam broccoli in the micro-cooker (and chop it with the chopper) and grate cheese with the grater. While the potatoes are cooking and when cream cheese mixture is done (I use a whole block by the way...really creamy), we open a bag of salad and put it into a bamboo bowl and then slice up some french bread. Dinner is served.

I have been booking shows right and left with that recipe and THOSE hosts are also requesting the same recipe. It's awesome!

Hmmm...that's my outline in a nutshell (though I've stopped using an outline...I just whip out the SB and have someone keep us on track by reading the recipe).

HTH

Good idea to use the Mandoline!

I use the full block of cream cheese too - I've done it so often, that I forgot it wasn't part of the recipe!

I'm doing this recipe 3 time this week and 3 times next week, and half of those hosts have already had the chowder! This is the best demo for me since the Incredible 30 Minute Chicken!

Chefstover2 said:

HTH

Thanks! I'm gonna try it this way.

Chefstover2 said:

HTH

Thanks!!!!

Ok, so let me get this straight... You don't peel potatoes- still using 3, you slice them and just cook once skipping the 2nd cooking process? And then you use the full block of cream cheese (Which I think is great since I usually just throw the other half out)? Do you mash the same way with the mix and chop? And all other ingredients are the same? Thanks so much- I rarely use recipes, but when I do, I don't change them much... This makes it so easy!

jnsr96 said:
Ok, so let me get this straight... You don't peel potatoes- still using 3, you slice them and just cook once skipping the 2nd cooking process? And then you use the full block of cream cheese (Which I think is great since I usually just throw the other half out)? Do you mash the same way with the mix and chop? And all other ingredients are the same? Thanks so much- I rarely use recipes, but when I do, I don't change them much... This makes it so easy!

Yes, mash with the mix & chop...add the milk to the cream cheese, etc. (make sure you've softened the cream cheese before you put the potatoes in or you'll have "issues"). I use the Mix & Mash to mix the cream cheese & milk. Everything else is the same, just only one stint in the micro to cook the potatoes and a short one to heat through.

jnsr96 said:
I do mine much the same as Kristin, only I haven't been using the UM (I will from now on though!)The one point I wanted to make was that, at least in my area - the extra large baking potatoes are way more expensive than buying a 5 or 10 lb bag of baking potatoes, so I just usually tell my hosts to have 2 1/2 lbs of baking potatoes on hand. These are much smaller potatoes, so when I have been quartering them, it's making small chunks. By doing it this way, like Kristin, I have been able to eliminate the 2nd cooking period. I'm sure I'll have the same results using the UM.
I do like Kristin - I do the first cooking time, mash up the potatoes with the mix n chop, soften the FULL 8 OUNCE BLOCK of cream cheese, mix it with the milk using the mix n masher, and then add the rest of the ingredients, and finish with 6-7 minutes for heating through. Then, I can tell people we are making a comfort food chowder with less than 20 minutes cooking time!

I, too, LOVE this recipe and have been doing it since October. The host has opted to leave out the broccoli and guests always encourage me to use 2 cups of shredded cheese and 1 whole stick of butter instead ... (i'm in the south where everything tastes better with LOTS of butte :) and it really good and cheesy!

I follow the recipe as is. Then I use the booking slide and the ticket game as my 2 fillers, depending on the crowd, and I almost always make the 12" skillet cookie in the oven. When I do it this way i never have empty time. And it's always a hit.

Chefstover2 said:
Yes, mash with the mix & chop...add the milk to the cream cheese, etc. (make sure you've softened the cream cheese before you put the potatoes in or you'll have "issues"). I use the Mix & Mash to mix the cream cheese & milk. Everything else is the same, just only one stint in the micro to cook the potatoes and a short one to heat through.

OK - I need you to talk me through this one. Call me this week or email me a good time to call you...

Not sure if anyone still wants this. Sorry it took me so long to post it. I thought I had it already typed up from my last show, but I couldn't find it.The way I do it is as an interactive show, so I have people helping w/ these steps. You can do the first step before the show starts to cut on time. But I kind of liked having people using the Forged Cutlery on the potatoes. Also, I add garlic to my soup, so that step I do in the beginning. It lets me demo the garlic peeler, too. I also have people measure the milk and such, so I don't do all of that in the prep.Oh, also...I forgot to add the official recipe and the ingredients amounts...you need to edit that...or can I somehow even after it's been downloaded here?

Attachments

• Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips