• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: Utilizing Business Cards for Outlet Store Discounts

In summary, Debbie is trying to promote her online outlet store to her clients and to increase repeat business. She offers a handout and makes it clear that the outlet is only available through her website. She also promotes her clients to the outlet.
emiscookin
Since I am new, I don't know a whole lot about the outlet store.

Something my Director does is she makes up business cards about ordering from the outlet store. Then she gives those cards to the host to place in the bags with the guests orders.

Now, I dunno about you, but if I ordered something at a PC party, got my items and saw the card about how to get stuff at a discount from the outlet store...I would just buy stuff from there because I would be getting a discount! That concerns me because that would mean I, as the consultant, could lose sales. :confused:

UNLESS, you get commission on orders people place at the outlet store through your website?

I think you do get comissions on the outlet stuff, not 100%, but I know there are flyers and such out there, and I wouldn't think people would promote it if there wasn't some compensation there.

yes, you do get commission on outlet sales through your web site. I have found that most people will order the new stuff AND outlet. :) I always tell them about outlet after they order or if someone mentions a product that I know is currently on outlet.

think of the online outlet as a bonus to your business. You make commission on all online sales as long as you have your own personal web site. Let customers know that they can go on the outlet to find all the old great classic products that are now discontinued. Let them know it is updated usually monthly and you never know what you'll find!

Trust...we wouldn't be promoting the outlet as much as we do if we didn't get commission off of it. That'd be customer service to the extreme.

Typically there's never something in the outlet that's in the catalog, at least not the same version. We of course get commission on outlet sales, but the outlet is just a bonus- like the "backroom/basement" discount section. A hodge podge of discontinued/limited edition items that are left in stock that PC is trying to get rid of that you can purchase at a discount. Why WOULDN'T you promote the outlet? It drives people to your website for repeat business, when they normally may not have visited, and they potentially end up purchasing additional full price items as well!

Yes, you get your regular commission on outlet sales. Whatever sales level you reach that month, that's the commission percentage you get on outlet sales, too.

All of the items on the outlet are previously retired, and no longer available in the regular catalog. Sometimes the items have been re-styled and the new version is in the catalog, but for the most part it's stuff that can't be found elsewhere (well, except maybe eBay).

It's definitely beneficial to your business to promote the outlet. It's sales you get without spending much time and effort in obtaining them.

Of course you get commission on it!I hand out an outlet card to each guest as they check out at the show and also give extras for the host to hand out with outside orders. I often have show guests order from my outlet several days after the show was held.

DebbieJ said:
Of course you get commission on it!

I hand out an outlet card to each guest as they check out at the show and also give extras for the host to hand out with outside orders. I often have show guests order from my outlet several days after the show was held.

Debbie,

Did you print up something official (for instance on Vista) in a business card style or is it a flyer? Would you be willing to share?

I tell everyone about the Outlet when have them complete the customer care card (explain that the only way to the Outlet is through my website) and am asking them for their email address to put them on my newsletter list. However, I don't have a handout which would be especially good for those who don't give me their email address.

chefjeanine said:
Debbie,

Did you print up something official (for instance on Vista) in a business card style or is it a flyer? Would you be willing to share?

I tell everyone about the Outlet when have them complete the customer care card (explain that the only way to the Outlet is through my website) and am asking them for their email address to put them on my newsletter list. However, I don't have a handout which would be especially good for those who don't give me their email address.

Yes, I made a postcard on Vista. Baby just woke up so I'll have to come back and share it.

Another thing to look at is who is frequenting the outlet. Those people are great candidates for hosting--they love bargains! Or they are die hard PC junkies! :D

It's a great way to keep people interested in your website- and to get your newsletter. It's not competition at all for our products! Nothing on there is available in the catalog- in fact, it's a great way for them to find those lost "treasures" that they missed out on, or need replaced, or give as cheap-gifts!

Yes you get commission, but ONLY if you HAVE a web site! If you don't, then they won't be able to find it! In that case, I would just keep references to it low key, like, "these microfiber towels are great, but if cranberry doesn't match your kitchen, they usually have other colors on the outlet. It's where discontinued products go when they are retired ..."

Thanks for the info everyone! :D

someone correct me if I'm wrong... but I don't think there are guarantees with outlet orders, right?

chefjeanine said:
Debbie,

Jeanine, Here are labels for the back of business cards, as well as something I put in guest folders (or hand out at booths). I found both here on CS a while ago :)

Attachments

• Outlet Labels for back of business cards.doc
    45 KB · Views: 660
  • outletcards[1].doc
    36 KB · Views: 358
cookingwith_tara said:
someone correct me if I'm wrong... but I don't think there are guarantees with outlet orders, right?

Correct. Outlet items are only guaranteed against damage occurred in shipping.

Here's mine

Attachments

• outlet front.jpg
    outlet front.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 498
  • outlet back.jpg
    outlet back.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 375
Brenda & Deb,Thank you for posting these! I'm going to pursue creating something formal to hand them at checkout.

What is the Pampered Chef Outlet Store?

The Pampered Chef Outlet Store is an online store where you can find discounted and discontinued Pampered Chef products at a reduced price.

Where can I find the Pampered Chef Outlet Store?

The Pampered Chef Outlet Store can be found on our website under the "Outlet" tab. You can also access it through our main menu by selecting "Shop" and then choosing "Outlet Store".

What types of products are available in the Outlet Store?

The Outlet Store offers a variety of discontinued products, as well as overstock items from our current product line. You can find cookware, kitchen tools, bakeware, and other kitchen accessories at discounted prices.

Are the products in the Outlet Store still covered by the Pampered Chef guarantee?

Yes, all products purchased from the Pampered Chef Outlet Store are covered by our satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a refund or exchange within 30 days.

How often are new products added to the Outlet Store?

We add new products to the Outlet Store on a regular basis, so be sure to check back often for new deals. You can also sign up for our email newsletter to be notified of new products and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janel kelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views
Stephanie78