• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Outdoor Festival in Small Town: Any Advice?

In summary, the author of this summary recommends doing an outdoor festival for $35, and recommends bringing PC recipe cards with your information or a flyer, sunscreen, water, a small bag for host pkts, and a marker.
pampermeplease
Just curious--for those of you who have done an outdoor festival in a small town (ok more like 3 small towns that run into each other), how well did you do? Do you get many bookings? Or mostly just contact info on the slips? What did you do to set up? This would be two days on a weekend or I can pick and choose just one day only. What day works best for you? Either way, it's $35.

Any info at all is much appreciated.

TIA!:)

For 35$ I would do it absolutely. I usually get at least 2 bookings (maybee not on the spot but do your follow up). I also reccomend If you have a pop up awning bring it or try to borrow one. I bought one the time I did an outdoor event. I paid like 80$ but now I have it and I wrote it off.

Just curious, I know missouri is big you mentioned small towns. I have friends in Keytesville. Ever heard of it?

I didn't even think about an awning. There will be some trees but not THAT many. Thanks!

I have no clue where Keytesville is. I'm a transplant LOL. I'm by Ft. Leonard Wood, which runs into St Robert, which then runs into Waynesville. There's no real distinction between them except imaginary lines.

An awning is a must or you will get fried!!! even thru the trees :D .

Like I said I knew it was a longshot!

For $35 it is so worth it. You will get your name out there and take some orders while you are there. Do a drawing. I would take as much new stuff as you have. Also, maybe the products from the starter kit you could group together with a sign that says now hiring. Definitely take wedding registry brochures. (I've not had luck with this, but someday it will pay off that I pack these everywhere I go!)
Don't overfill your booth. I have done this and later realized that it was too crowded. No one wants to look at a table too full, and nothing looks good that way.

Dusty,

The table I have is so small to start with I may be better off buying a new one. I'll have to be very careful not to clutter it for sure. I know I want a lead box from Merrill. I'm hoping it will get here in time as it's May 5 and 6th. I like the idea of the now hiring. I'm thinking maybe take my crate, cover it, and put things on top of it for different eye levels. Thanks for the great idea!

$35 for two days?? DO IT!!!

I'm considering one in my town that is $100 for two days. Not sure yet...

For tables ask arround you may be able to borrow one. Or look into renting one. For my first outdoor event I did this. It is usually arround $8 per table per day arround here. For a 10 x 10 space I usually do 2 6ft tables and one 4ft. This leaves me an open corner to sit (not that I sit much) and have my briefcase or box with host packets etc. I personally hate it when I am walking arround a fair and everyone is sitting. I do alot of events so I have a special rubbermaid tote with things I keep in there all the time. So I just have to grab current catalogs and off I go.

Remenber to bring:
Blank paper or cardstock
A marker
Tape
Scisors
Postcards that you will send to the contacts from the event (get them filled out early!)
sunscreen
Water bottle (2)
Note pad
Hand sanitizer
Small bags for host pkts (I get the 2 sizes Nancy's offers. I offer them to people who I see carying lots of little freebies from other booths. People really appreciate this and it makes them remember you)
Either PC recipe cards with your info or make up a 1/2 page flyer (bright paper) with your info and a recipe

Thats all i can think of right now. I will look at my list to see if I forgot anything.

Debbie,
I would considder $100 for 2 days OK if.... it is a well publicized anual event.

I just got off the phone with hubby.....he says there's a few 6 ft folding tables at work I can borrow YAY! Gotta love the military oversupply LOL. He's even coming up with a list of what I should bring (trifle bowl for drawing slips, $25 gift certificate drawing, 'free show' drawing slips, etc.) Lmao. I've converted him hehehe

And Debbie, even $100 sounds good to me. I've seen some on here saying the places charged upwards of $500 :0

Oh and lucky me I just ordered the door hanger bags from Nancy's yesterday :)

Sometimes at fairs I offer an incentive if people book a party that day. Keep a eye out when they are filling out the drawing slip! That way you'll have something to show for by the end of the day! Plus they will be excited when they see the new products....Best time to book them is when they are excited!!

Thanks for the input guys (gals). I'm off to take a midterm and will be checking back later this afternoon. I got some good ideas from here already and I'm excited about actually getting my name out there!

I'm doing a small fair also and my director told me to go with a specific goal in mind. Like if you know you want bookings go with that in mind and that way you will be focused on your goal. This gave me a whole new direction of thinking and I can't wait to get out and book! Good Luck! :p

Just a quick update on this one......the spot was already taken very early on by another PC gal in a town about a half hour over~one I don't know yet. So, since they only allow 1 of each type, I'm not doing this one. HOWEVER, because I can't do this one, I'm now doing one on sat only for $5.00!!!! Whoohoo....and in my town. I'm still doing the same setup with a $25 gift cert drawing, with three to five lesser winners of some SB's; a free show drawing (of course, everyone will win that lol); a now hiring display; a sign up sheet for newsletters by email; wedding registry handouts; biz card handouts; mini catalog handouts; old catty handouts; and last but not least, I found some photo display stands at walmart that are clear so both sides of the host/guest specials for May and June show through.

Just info in case anyone else needs ideas. Or has any suggestions for me :)

1. How can we attract a diverse crowd to our small town outdoor festival?

To attract a diverse crowd, it is important to advertise your festival through a variety of channels such as social media, local newspapers, and community bulletin boards. You can also reach out to nearby cities and towns to spread the word. Additionally, consider partnering with local businesses and organizations to attract a wider audience.

2. How can we ensure the success of our outdoor festival in terms of sales?

To ensure the success of your outdoor festival in terms of sales, it is important to have a variety of vendors and products that appeal to different interests and needs. Consider offering special discounts or promotions to attract customers. Additionally, providing a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere with live music, food, and activities can also help boost sales.

3. How can we handle unexpected weather conditions during the festival?

To handle unexpected weather conditions, it is important to have a backup plan in place. This could include having tents or covered areas for vendors and attendees, as well as having a contingency plan for rescheduling or cancelling the event. It is also important to keep attendees informed of any changes or updates through social media or announcements at the festival.

4. How can we make our outdoor festival stand out among other events in the area?

To make your outdoor festival stand out, consider incorporating unique and interactive elements such as cooking demonstrations, DIY workshops, or live performances. You can also partner with local businesses or organizations to offer special activities or promotions. Additionally, creating a theme or focusing on a specific niche can help differentiate your festival from others in the area.

5. How can we ensure the safety and cleanliness of the festival grounds?

To ensure the safety and cleanliness of the festival grounds, it is important to have a team dedicated to monitoring and maintaining the area throughout the event. This could include having trash and recycling bins readily available, as well as having a first aid station or designated medical personnel on site. It is also important to have a plan in place for emergency situations and to communicate this plan to all vendors and attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilove2cookpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • ilove2cookpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Camoblonde39