• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outdoor Events- Canopy Recommendation?

like a 10x12... and just tape it down. I also have a cover for it. It's a little heavier but it's worth it.
esavvymom
Staff member
For those of you that do outdoor events, what do you use (if anything) for a canopy?

I'm waiting for word back on a few events, and have another possible (3 total)- and they are all outside. Two would be in May in my local area- which I really want to try to get into. Most of my events to date have been within my county, but more than 20 minutes drive time for most of the leads I get. I'm trying to get more local leads.

Even though it will be May, if the weather is nice, it can get quite warm (North Carolina). The third possible event is early June...guaranteed to be warm!

I was looking at an easy-pop up canopy. Was just wanting some feedback on a nice one that doesn't cost a small fortune and that is simple to set up (especially if I'm setting up alone).

Thanks!!

The one I have (we live in AZ and it gets hot! and shade is a must) is a 10X10 canopy. The fabric part comes off when you store it and the frame folds down. I can't set it up alone. It takes 2 people, but it isn't hard to do so you can rope someone in to help. It is white (which is a plus because some events require it be white here). We got it at Costco. You may consider looking on craig's list for a used one?

I purchased a quick shade last year for events. It's easy to put up/take down. Can do it with 1, but practice first. Easiest if you have 2. Mine is a 10x10 also. Most fair spaces here are sold in 10x10 slots. Mine was purchased at Target for $99 on sale.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
The one I have (we live in AZ and it gets hot! and shade is a must) is a 10X10 canopy. The fabric part comes off when you store it and the frame folds down. I can't set it up alone. It takes 2 people, but it isn't hard to do so you can rope someone in to help. It is white (which is a plus because some events require it be white here). We got it at Costco. You may consider looking on craig's list for a used one?
I got mine at Costco as well. It's King Canopy and it's very easy to set up. I can do most of it myself, and then I ask another vendor to help me pop it up. It was about $200 and it has sides too.

Last edited:
We got one for my DD and I to share last year at Walmart. I can't remember off the top of my head how much it was but believe me, whatever it costs is well worth it. The hot sun will cook you if you sunburn at all! Be sure to bring sunscreen too!

If you can get sides for your model, I recommend investing in those, too. I worked a 3-day event last summer that was under canopies, and I don't have sides. I had to repack all my stuff, put it under the tables, and lower the canopy. If I had the sides, I could have just tied them down (and it would have kept the rain out). Sides will also keep people from seeing the messy part of your area (usually the back) and prevent them from bombarding you with questions from all 4 directions at once.

pcchefjane said:
We got one for my DD and I to share last year at Walmart. I can't remember off the top of my head how much it was but believe me, whatever it costs is well worth it. The hot sun will cook you if you sunburn at all! Be sure to bring sunscreen too!

I GOT MINE THERE TOO AND IT COST ME $78 LAST YEAR. I COULD HAVE PUT IT UP MYSELF BUT I AM TOO SHORT.

:chef:

I have a fiskars it needs 2 people but it is very easy to assemble it is not a pop up type

I have done outside events that offer canopies. I know it may cost a little more but if you are the only one it may be worth it.

Ours came with a cover that has wheels on it so you can tilt it and pull it on wheels behind you... very useful! Got it at Sports Authority - and it was under $100. also has a shade panel... used to have one with netting/curtain/sides and liked that as well.

I have an ez-up and love it too. I don't have sides so I take a large tarp or material and metal clamps and clamp the material to the legs.. making sides .. works very well. Great when you need to leave things over night.. and when the sun is low... can be a pain in the wind. I also bring either gallons of water or I have seen some bring cinder blocks to weigh down the legs in the wind... they will take off and fly if it is windy enough..

julia.poe said:
I have done outside events that offer canopies. I know it may cost a little more but if you are the only one it may be worth it.

The last event I did, that little more was $100. My husband said I was in the wrong business, I should rent those canopies and get $100 a pop.

LOL! Your husband has a great sense of humor! Checkout sales at variety stores, Sam's Club and Costco. There are some canopies at online auctions as well.I made the mistake of a 12x12 - while it was nice, the market I do each Saturday always was a little grumpy with me.

I just picked up a 10x 10 easy up at a discount store called Marcs for $39.99.

wow..that's a great price.I ended up getting a canopy from Walmart for $88. So far, I've used it at two events. The first one, it did fine- but we didn't tie it down as sturdy as we could have (wind kicked up as afternoon storms were coming our way). The second event, we did a better job. We have the legs sticking inside half-cinder blocks, and then took utility rope and tied the frame of the canopy down very well to the blocks. That event- it rained off and on and the wind kicked up. My canopy stayed put (we were on the street, so couldn't anchor into the ground either).Overall, it wasn't bad- and super easy to set up (just needs an extra person to fold/unfold the frame).

I have a 10 x 10 EZ UP. You need a minimum of two people to set it up. I've even used it at indoor events, it's great for hanging the PC banner from Merrill. Something to remember though, if you're using one outdoors you need to have sand bags or bricks to weight it down. Otherwise, they try to blow away.

chefpenny99 said:
I have a 10 x 10 EZ UP. You need a minimum of two people to set it up. I've even used it at indoor events, it's great for hanging the PC banner from Merrill. Something to remember though, if you're using one outdoors you need to have sand bags or bricks to weight it down. Otherwise, they try to blow away.

and not just brick/block or sandbags...good utility rope to tie it down to that bag/block otherwise your frame wobbles and shakes something fierce! :D Usually seem to be able to find that kind of rope in the aisle with the boating equipment.

I would say yes get one Walmart, or Ocean State job lot very cheap and worth it

I just bought a 10 x 10 at Ace Hardware for $50, it's the easy pop up kind

Krista Burson said:
I just bought a 10 x 10 at Ace Hardware for $50, it's the easy pop up kind

I bought that one last year and it busted at my first fair. It's not commercial quality.

1. What size canopy do I need for my outdoor event?

The size of the canopy you need will depend on the number of people attending your event and the space you have available. We recommend measuring the area where you plan to set up the canopy and choosing a size that allows for at least 2-3 feet of space on all sides for easy movement.

2. What material should I look for in a canopy for outdoor events?

For outdoor events, it's important to choose a canopy made of durable and weather-resistant material such as polyester or vinyl. These materials are able to withstand wind, rain, and sun exposure, ensuring that your event is not disrupted by the weather.

3. Can I set up the canopy on my own or will I need help?

While it is possible to set up a canopy on your own, we recommend having at least two people help with the process. This will make it easier and safer to set up the canopy, especially if there are any windy conditions. It's also a good idea to have a few extra hands available in case any issues arise during setup.

4. How do I secure the canopy for outdoor events?

The best way to secure a canopy for outdoor events is by using stakes or weights. Stakes can be driven into the ground to keep the canopy in place, while weights can be placed on the legs of the canopy to prevent it from moving. We recommend using both methods for added stability.

5. Can I customize the canopy for my outdoor event?

Many of our canopies come with the option to add custom graphics or logos for branding purposes. However, keep in mind that this may come with an additional cost and longer processing time. If you are interested in customizing your canopy, please contact our customer service team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76