• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Out of the Darkness Walk

In summary, the "Out of the Darkness Walk" is a nationwide community-based event that raises awareness and funds for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). There are various ways to participate, including registering as a walker, volunteering, and fundraising. There is a registration fee, but it goes towards supporting the AFSP's mission. Pets are not allowed at the event, except for service animals with proper identification.
nikked
Gold Member
My former sister-in-law committed suicide last year, and our neice is doing the Out of the Darkness walk in her memory. If this is something that God leads you to, donations are appreciated...below is her message. Thanks.

Kristen said:
I'd like to get some help from you. As you all know mom took her life February 25, 2009. I am participating in San Diego's "Out of the Darknesss" walk October 16, 2010 that helps boost awareness for suicide prevention. I'd appreciate if you can help me reach my donation goal of $300.00 (for now, I'd like to get it up to $500 but I'm not unrealistic.) I have listed the link that you can go to for a secure donation through the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. That's my personal site they gave me so dont worry you're info is safe. ...Please please please help out if you can! Help me reach my goal and help save a life. Thank you SO much for your love and support. I love you all!

DonorDrive®

bumping one time only, just in case someone missed it. Thanks...

- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention:I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your family have gone through. It's amazing that you are participating in the Out of the Darkness walk to honor your mother's memory and raise awareness for such an important cause. I will definitely donate to your page and share it with others. Thank you for being so brave and using your experience to help others. You are making a difference and your mother would be proud. Sending love and support your way.

1. What is the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event?

The "Out of the Darkness Walk" is a community-based event that aims to raise awareness and funds for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). It is a nationwide event that brings together people who have been affected by suicide, whether through personal experience or as a supporter, to honor those lost and raise awareness for mental health and suicide prevention.

2. How can I participate in the "Out of the Darkness Walk"?

There are several ways to participate in the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event. You can register as a walker and join a team or create your own team. You can also volunteer at the event or make a donation to support the cause. Additionally, you can spread the word about the event and the AFSP's mission to raise awareness for mental health and suicide prevention.

3. Is there a registration fee for the "Out of the Darkness Walk"?

Yes, there is a registration fee for the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event. The registration fee varies depending on the location of the walk, but it typically ranges from $15 to $25. This fee helps cover the cost of organizing the event and goes towards the AFSP's mission to prevent suicide and support those affected by it.

4. Can I fundraise for the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event?

Yes, fundraising is a crucial part of the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event. When you register as a walker, you have the option to set up a personal fundraising page. You can also join or create a team and fundraise together. The AFSP provides resources and tips to help you reach your fundraising goals, and all funds raised go towards their programs and initiatives.

5. Can I bring my pet to the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event?

While we love our furry friends, we ask that pets are not brought to the "Out of the Darkness Walk" event for safety reasons. Service animals are an exception to this rule, and we ask that their handlers have proper identification and follow all local laws and regulations. We appreciate your understanding and support in creating a safe and inclusive environment for all participants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
julyskitchen
Replies
Views
Oklabell
  • Langrco
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies