• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Booking Calls: Tips for Reaching Out to Unknown Contacts

In summary, Debbie provides some great advice on how to make booking calls. She recommends having a script, practicing by yourself or with a family member, and having confidence in the call. She also recommends staying on the phone and offering wonderful products and host benefits.
Chef Laurie
I'm wondering what all of you say to people you don't know very well when you're making booking calls. I'm not one to just call people I don't know at all (you know, like just going thru the phone book), but there are people I would like to ask who I don't know very well or knew years ago and haven't kept contact with. I've done plenty of these kinds of calls, but I need a little encouragement and advice. Sometimes I just feel embarrassed after I hang up because...well, because it's just so "out of the box!"

It is out of our comfort zone!!People who own their own business are not like regular 9-5, swipe in and out type of people. In my opinion they are the go-getters, those who love excitement and being spontaneous.
It can be hard to talk to people we don't know very well, or people we haven't spoken to in years.
But yes you are right, it gets us out of our comfort zone. It's not something we are use to and so it's not familiar at first. I felt the same way. But now I am very comfortable on the phone. Here are some tips:
Write down a script, that is so important. If you are nervous the first few times you will need this to keep your thoughts together and to get to the point without rambling.
Next practice all by yourself or on a family member. Try to fix up your script the way you want it to sound, without sounding like a telemarketer.
Have confidence with it. It's your business!!
Be sure to know that you are offering wonderful products, great host benefits, and take pride in your new business. That way if you get people who are not interested or don't care to host shows you won't take it personally.
Sound excited and let them know you have started your own business. Tell them you would appreciate any help they could give by either hosting a show, placing an order or giving you referrals to their friends and family who might be interested.
Have fun with it. The more calls you make, the more possibilities you will have to increase your business sales either through orders or through shows!! Good luck and I hope it works out for you!!
Debbie

Thanks, Debbie. I moved 3 months into this business, so I had to start over again with my bookings. I'm doing great, but I just want to grow. That means I have to stay on the phone and keep thinking outside the box. I've found that the very best way to be successful is to stay on the phone. Thanks for the encouragement.

I recently started making out of the box callsAnd they have worked great! I've got 2 bookings from them (catalog) and a couple of people who told me - follow-up with me on XX date.

The only negative was that last night at 7:30 pm, someone's husband was EXTREMELY rude to me, yelled at me for it being 7:30 pm on a Sunday, and I simply said - "have a wonderful day" and hung up the phone. Unfortunately, some people are just rude. I will not call her again for any reason at all.

I will continue to do them.

Are these people you know, or just plain cold calls?

Out of the box callsAre made to those customers who have purchased products at a past show. I think PP automatically defaults to a set date after the show for you to follow-up with the customers. I've been saying "Hi, this is Liz with the pampered chef, are you enjoying your products that you purchased and Susies show? Do you have any questions? In case you did not know, we have a new catalog as of March 1st with 40 new products that are just fabolous for the spring/summer season. Would you be interested in hosting a cooking or catalog show? Would you be interested in receiving one of our mini catalogs highlighting our new products?"

1. What are "Out of the Box Bookings"?

"Out of the Box Bookings" are a type of party where the hostess receives a free product from Pampered Chef in addition to the regular hostess rewards. These parties are designed to be easy to host and require minimal preparation or effort.

2. How do I host an "Out of the Box Booking" party?

To host an "Out of the Box Booking" party, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to host a successful party, including a special hostess code for your guests to use when placing their orders.

3. What kind of rewards can I earn as a hostess of an "Out of the Box Booking" party?

In addition to the regular hostess rewards, you will receive a free product from Pampered Chef as a thank you for hosting an "Out of the Box Booking" party. The specific product will vary depending on the current promotion, but it is always a high-quality and popular item.

4. Can I still earn rewards if I am unable to have an in-person party?

Yes, absolutely! You can still host an "Out of the Box Booking" party and earn rewards even if you are unable to have an in-person party. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide you with a unique online party link for your guests to use when placing their orders.

5. Are there any special requirements or qualifications to host an "Out of the Box Booking" party?

No, there are no special requirements or qualifications to host an "Out of the Box Booking" party. Anyone can host one, whether you are a first-time hostess or a seasoned pro. It's a great way to introduce friends and family to Pampered Chef products and earn some free goodies in the process!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies