• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Convince My Husband to Let Me Become a PC?

In summary, a stay-at-home mom living on a military base has received an unexpected email expressing interest in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. However, her husband is unsure and hesitant about the idea. She is seeking advice on how to convince him to let her give it a try. Some suggestions include addressing his concerns about cost, commitment, and earning potential, as well as inviting him to a kitchen show or meeting with another consultant for more information. Ultimately, the support of her husband will greatly impact her success in this venture.
acherry
Gold Member
Okay guys and gals..
I'm quite excited...I've had what we all hope to get...an out of the blue e-mail interest for becoming a PC..she's a stay at home mom..lives on a military base, and is interested in doing this as a hobby and for fun and meet people..problem...husband doesn't think its a good idea..
She wants ideas on how to convince my husband that she should at least give it a shot! (her exact words)
So...wouldn't you know it...I'm at a loss of what to say...I don't get the husband objection thing very often..any words of wisdom my fellow consultants? From her e-mail..I know she will enjoy this, and want to help her anyway I can to achieve what she wants!
Thanks for everything!
Cheers,
Angela

Very often, the husband ojection boils down to three things:

How much will this cost?

What kind of commitment is involved?

When will you start to actually earn money?

Answer those questions and you will usually satisfy the questioning hubby. :)

I am a military wife living off base but overseas none the less. My husband is very supportive of my choice to own a PC business. I had just completed my collection of the Professional Cookware Set when the new ones came out. Guess who wants the titanium ones???? Yep, he does!! And he doesn't even cook since I became a housewife. Find out what the husband's questions are, post them here and I will have my husband answer them from a military standpoint. Or the lady can email me if she wants to know anything about doing PC in other areas of the world. I don't recruit, so I won't take your lead!!!

Thanks...I just asked her what her husband's objections are..and will post shortly...

husbandPerhaps meeting him would help convince him that you are "normal." His real objections might be that he doesn't want someone else influencing his wife or doesn't know what this is all about. You could "interview" her at her house when her husband's home, ask her to see if he'll meet with you, or invite him to one of your kitchen shows. Whatever you do, don't try to downplay his opinions. Without his support, she won't even be able to do this as a hobby because he'll make it too difficult. good luck....BEE

She's a military wife right? How about this - Since I move all over the country - being relocated from state to state and possibly overseas - in support of YOUR career, how about you just be supportive and I'll do the rest?

I'm half joking but also annoyed with my own husband this morning so I'm not real man friendly right now!

I agree with Marg, I think our husbands want to make sure we are not getting conned into a money losing scheme. And he might not be familier with PC.
Just answer his concerns honestly and he will probably come around. :)

being a prior military wife i understand about moving all around. it seems about the time you get settled down and start making friends its time to move again. so she could also use that to her advantage. this will be a way to make some new friends while earning some money also!! thats one of the reasons i signed up anyways. my 4 yr. old daughter was/is my best friend! i needed some adult conversation every now and then!

Thanks for ALL your helpShe actually got in touch with another PC consultant, who is helping both her and her husband! As I'd like her to be successful, I informed her about the PC book and told her I was here if she needed anything..plus gave her the link here..so hopefully she'll be around here soon!
Thanks for all your help!
It is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Angela

What is "Out of the Blue Recruits!"?

"Out of the Blue Recruits!" is a recruitment agency that specializes in connecting employers with skilled and talented individuals who are not actively searching for a job, but are interested in new opportunities. These individuals are referred to as "passive candidates".

How does "Out of the Blue Recruits!" find passive candidates?

"Out of the Blue Recruits!" has a team of experienced recruiters who use various methods to identify and approach potential passive candidates. This may include networking, online research, and referrals from current employees or industry professionals.

What are the benefits of hiring a passive candidate through "Out of the Blue Recruits!"?

Hiring a passive candidate through "Out of the Blue Recruits!" can bring a unique set of skills and experiences to your company. These candidates are not actively seeking a job, which means they are not as likely to be applying to multiple positions. This can result in a more dedicated and committed employee. Additionally, passive candidates may bring fresh perspectives and ideas to your team.

How does the recruitment process work with "Out of the Blue Recruits!"?

The recruitment process with "Out of the Blue Recruits!" begins with a consultation to understand your company's needs and requirements. Our team will then use various methods to identify potential passive candidates and reach out to them on your behalf. We will screen and assess the candidates and present you with a shortlist of the most qualified and interested individuals. From there, we can assist with scheduling interviews and negotiating job offers.

What industries does "Out of the Blue Recruits!" specialize in?

"Out of the Blue Recruits!" has experience and expertise in a wide range of industries including technology, healthcare, finance, marketing, and more. We have a diverse database of passive candidates with various backgrounds and skill sets to suit your company's specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • PCLoralee