• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Out-of-State Recruit Leads: Tips and Strategies for Success

In Summary, Becky suggests handling out of state consultant leads the same as any other recruit lead. She recommends keeping in contact with them, attending local cluster meetings if possible, and stressing the importance of their being a part of the TEAM.
jen~pcc
Hi ~ I'm hoping someone can give me some advice....

I recieved a recruit lead from an e-show. The only problem is the lead is in VA and I'm in MA. I was wondering how others handle these kind of situations. Should I just handle this as a "regular" recruit lead.

TIA!!

When you have an out of state consultant, your director will work with you to request a "Hospitality Director" from HO. This person would be located close to the consultant (hopefully!) and the recruit actually gets the benefit of a hospitality director AND you as the recruiter....two for the "price" of one! That way your recruit could go to local cluster meetings and have all of the support of a local team. You just want to be sure to keep in great contact with her. If she goes to her local cluster meetings, you would coordinate with that director for things like recognition by supplying the hospitality director with your recruit's stats and things she'd be recognized for.

Congratulations! I would handle this like any other recruit lead, but stress to her that she will not be alone at all in her business out there. She'd actually get DOUBLE the support and guidance because she'd have both of you. Good luck! Let it know how it goes! Feel free to ask any more questions. I have some out of state consultants, as I'm sure others do on here as well.

Thanks Becky!! I appreciate the feedback. I'll let you know how it goes!!!

I have several Consultants on my TEAM that live out of state! One being clear across the country that I got from a referral and have not persoanlly met yet. I love it! I do keep in contact regulary by both email and phone with all of them! I do encourage them to attend Hospitality meetings in their area but let them know that I am ALWAYS here for them. It is a GREAT feeling to be able to help another person start their own business no matter where they are located at. They are still a part of my TEAM and I treat them as if they are right here with the rest of us. :)

What is an Out of State recruit?

An Out of State recruit is a student-athlete who is being recruited by a college or university that is located outside of their home state.

How does a college or university recruit Out of State athletes?

Colleges and universities typically use a variety of methods to recruit Out of State athletes, such as attending high school games, sending coaches to scout potential recruits, and contacting athletes directly through phone calls or emails.

Do Out of State athletes have to pay for their own travel expenses during the recruiting process?

No, NCAA rules state that colleges and universities are allowed to cover the travel expenses for Out of State athletes during official recruiting visits. However, athletes may be responsible for their own travel expenses during unofficial visits.

What are some challenges faced by Out of State recruits?

Some challenges that Out of State recruits may face include adjusting to a new environment and culture, being far from family and friends, and navigating the differences in academic requirements and athletic expectations at their new school.

Are there any benefits to being an Out of State recruit?

Yes, there are potential benefits for Out of State recruits, such as the opportunity to experience a new location and culture, being exposed to different coaching styles and playing against new competition, and potentially receiving more scholarship offers due to a smaller pool of in-state recruits for certain sports.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kisrae
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies