• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Catalog Show Sales with This Clever Strategy | Out of State Catty OK

In summary, it is perfectly okay to put your sister-in-law's order in as a "guest" and have the show shipped to her. You can also have a host and a guest under the same name. Just make sure the order is under the host's name and the product is only included under the host's name.
j&k'smom
OK, my sister-in-law is having a catalog show, but only got @ $60 in sales, however it was over $150 when she added her order to it. I really want a second show for SAT so this is what I came up with. I call it my show so her sales count toward guest sales and just give her the benefit. The problem is the shipping. Is it wrong to put her address in for my shipping address so the show ships to her?

Is it "wrong" as in are you technically being dishonest? Then, yes. Is it wrong as in "Well, just about everyone does it anyway!", then no. So, go ahead. I really don't think it's a big deal. Or, still put the show in her name and put the "guest" order as her husband or some other household member. Doesn't matter whose name the payment is in.

If her show doesn't qualify, then you will have to put her order in as a guest.Just put in her order separately as a guest. Only put her free product in under the host's name. (I would call it a cooking show to make sure it qualifies.) And yes, you can have a host and a guest under the same name.(Personally, when I have this problem, I put their order in under a past host's name and pay the shipping as a consultant gift. I know the PC police will attack me on this ... but I see it this way: If she had enough orders, she'd get a 15 percent discount on her order. So this is my way of seeing that she gets the host benefits. However .. DO NOT follow my advice if the 10 percent discount takes it under $150.)

Why is it even technically wrong to just put her name in as a guest and as a host? Her order makes her show $150, and then she's the host and may order more if she wants with the discount. It should be a catalog show because that's what it is. It wasn't a cooking show. Am I missing something? I see no problem with this.

This is very helpful!! I didn't know I could put her in as a guest and a host. Technically, I did a cooking demo for the family @ Thanksgiving, so I don't have a problem calling this a cooking show. Thanks so much!!

Oh good! I also called a "catty show" a cooking show because it started out with me bringing them brownies! So to me it was no different than a "free cooking show" with me supplying the ingredients.

Well, I got it all figured out. My mother-in-law (her mom) wanted to get her the snowman platter for Christmas and also the sheet pan for herself. So I put the platter on my sister-in-laws order and the pan under my name along with a few other things. That way I used my 10% off as a past host and was able to split up the direct shipping cost between mom and a few other girls that ordered small things. They are all family so I'm not worried about the receipt being in my name. All of the math worked out, and I will get this show in before the deadline!!! God is good!

I don't know if any of that made sense, but the point is it worked!!

I could be wrong but if you're a consultant you don't get a past host discount. And, you can't get commission on an order under your name. You may want to check the policies on CC.

Um, I'm not sure consultants get a past host discount, but I'm not sure about that one. I don't because I never hosted a show before I became a consultant.I'm confused ... are you paying direct shipping when items need to be at the host's place? Or do they need to come to your house? Either way, since it is a family thing, it is all good. Direct is not a big increase as long as the orders are smaller.You can ship an order anywhere you want ... I often use the host's address but have items sent to mine, especially if they live in apartments or won't be home when FedEx comes.

My first show was my own, and I have put several orders in under other shows since then, with the 10% off. I did have to look up my number, but it has gone through every time so I never questioned it. I also am getting the commission as far as I can tell. I won't be putting in this show until tomorrow, so if anyone knows for sure that there is a policy against this, please let me know.

and yes, I did need a few items shipped to me. The host is in Maryland and everyone else I will see next week for Christmas.

Your wording I think is a bit confusing, but here's how I enter my shows & perhaps it will help you with your entry:I had a customer who wanted about $200 in products. I put the first $150 in as a guest order, and chose "ship to host", then the remaining items on the host side. With the discount and the monthly host special, she ended up getting more for less. She was very happy.I had another customer who tried to do a catalog show & failed. We submitted her orders as outside orders. 3 weeks later, she was ready to place a $400 order for herself. I had 2 outside orders that were not enough to make a show, but was willing to give them to her. I entered her as the host, and entered my 2 outside orders (doing direct shipping for each of them), then I put the host in as a guest too. I put enough of her items on the guest form to make a $150 show and the rest of her items on the host side. After playing with the computer for a while, I quickly figured out that a $200 show was going to make her pay less, a $300 show was even less out of her pocket & a $400 was the best. So I ended up doing most of her order as a guest, with just a few of the larger items on the host side. By doing that, she could utilize the 50% off items too. She saved about $90 by being a host (with free shipping) and having part of her order with the $4.25 ship to host ... vs. paying direct shipping for one large order AND saved by having FPV, 50% off, 60% off & discounted stuff on the host side.There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's perfectly fine with corporate.In your case, just pay direct shipping for the customers who are not near your "host", then they can get their own items at their own door. Much easier than having those items shipped to you & you having to deliver. You can still enter your host as a guest too, with enough items to get her to the $150 show mark. Then the remaining items on the host side. If she has enough items, check to see if she can be a $200 show and get out cheaper before you submit it. ;)

The following is all under a consultant hosting her own show. I don't find anything specifically about the consultant ordering as a guest and using her past host discount on someone else's show.If you or a member of your household hosts your own Show:
• You will receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not eligible for the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not apply
toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive
or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

Thanks everyone. Sheila, I pretty much did what you are suggesting, but the host does not have enough items to make this a $200 show. The order being shipped to me is for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my new recruit. Both family members are out of state, but I will see them at Christmas, so I will just deliver their items. My recruit just lives a few miles down the road. Their orders were all small, so I am trying to save them shipping (b/c they're family). Does that make sense? What does it mean "You are not eligible for the booking benefit or a past host discount"?

j&k'smom said:
Thanks everyone. Sheila, I pretty much did what you are suggesting, but the host does not have enough items to make this a $200 show. The order being shipped to me is for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my new recruit. Both family members are out of state, but I will see them at Christmas, so I will just deliver their items. My recruit just lives a few miles down the road. Their orders were all small, so I am trying to save them shipping (b/c they're family). Does that make sense?

What does it mean "You are not eligible for the booking benefit or a past host discount"?

If you put in the show as consultant acting as host you can not get any of the future benefits that hosts receive, (i.e. future monthly specials or past host discount). HTH

My first show I did as consulting acting as host and have been able to get the monthly specials from everyone who booked off my show. I think I bought them at 3 different shows and used my 10% discount at more then that. If I'm reading this correctly, I shouldn't have been able to do this and shouldn't do it any more!? Again, I want to run this business with integrity! I'm not trying to get away with anything.

Yes you shouldn't have been able to purchase the monthly host specials or use the 10% discount. As a consultant you are eligible to purchase items at a 20% discount on a personal order or purchase the host special if you host your own show. Hope that helps!

Thanks. I'm bummed that I won't be able to get anymore host specials though. It was a great way to add to my kit. Oh well!

You can get the host special when you are hosting the show, you just don't qualify for the booking benefit to purchase the host special at shows booked from your show.

:icecream: Wow. I need a cold one after reading this thread!!! lol Glad you got it all worked out.

Glad I saw this. I have an out of state catty going on right now and I fear it's going to be small too! This clears things up for me!

1. What is "Out of State Catty"?

"Out of State Catty" is a term used to describe a Pampered Chef consultant who lives and works in a different state than their home office or primary team.

2. How does being an "Out of State Catty" affect my business?

As an "Out of State Catty," you may face challenges such as shipping delays, different tax laws, and difficulty attending local meetings and events. However, being an "Out of State Catty" also allows you to expand your customer base and network with other consultants from different regions.

3. Do I need to register as a business in each state I operate in?

It is important to consult with a tax professional to determine if you need to register as a business in each state you operate in. Registration requirements may vary depending on the state and the type of business you have.

4. Can I still participate in local events and meetings as an "Out of State Catty"?

Yes, you can still participate in local events and meetings as an "Out of State Catty." You can connect with your local team and attend events virtually or make arrangements to attend in person if it fits your schedule and budget.

5. Are there any benefits to being an "Out of State Catty"?

Being an "Out of State Catty" allows you to expand your business and connect with a larger network of consultants. You also have the opportunity to share your products and business with customers who may not have access to Pampered Chef in their area. Additionally, you may have access to exclusive products or promotions that are only available to "Out of State Catties."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedMom07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • BeaLorene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies