• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Hosting a Successful Long Distance Catalog Show?

In summary, a catalog show can be a success if the host is communicative and the guests use the website to order.
barbara_anne
One of the guests that placed an outside order on a past cooking show is interested in having a Catalog show. I have never met this person and have only talked to her a few times via telephone. Has anyone had a "long distance" catalog show and do you have any tips and/or suggestions to help make things run smoothly?

TIA

Out of state catalog shows have gone two different ways for me. One that I have had was a complete breeze...very responsible and excited host who was a great communicator with me, and all of her guests ordered online via my website, making everything super easy!! All the payments were taken care of for me, and it was a breeze! The other, however, was not such a good experience. Poor communication with the host. Very delayed closing, and waited forever for payment from her to finally get things wrapped up. It all comes down to how well you communicate with your host though. Set up deadlines for receiving orders and payments, and make yourself clear throughout all your conversations, and you should be fine! Speaking from experience though, just make sure that your host knows that since she is in another state, you will have to wait to receive any check payments from her before closing the show. I wouldn't cover anything yourself, especially not knowing this person personally and her being in another state. Having to rely on the mail is going to delay things a bit, so be prepared! Good luck!!

hi there! I just started in November and my sister-in-law held a catalog show for me as a starter show. She lives in NC and I'm in NY. I sent her a packet of books and outside order forms, the information for the website. She had a great show, worked well! I would say it's the same as a local catalog show. She did have people that don't live next to her who also placed orders on the website. hope this helped you a little! As a newbie I'm not sure if maybe I too missed something but I personally think it went well! As I mentioned I sent her a bunch of books, the outside order forms with the months specials on them (via email) and of course the host specials. Well I hope this was helpful!

If you have a website, that is much easier! I had one in my first few months in too and it was a great success! I sent a packet with books, order forms, and DETAILED instructions on ordering. Lots of communication with the host and that helped!

I am doing my first out of state catalog show in March.. I am in Ohio and my sister in law is in Minnesota.. She is a lil nervous but I am very excited. I am sure it will go well. I told her communication is the key to a good show. I also reminded her to never under estimate who might want to buy from her. So I am sending her a package of catalogs just as soon as we get the new ones. I wish you luck on yours.
Oh BTW I have already set her up on the website to get started.... Make sure to explain it to her how to do it on the website..

I do out of state catalog show ALL the time (we are military all our family and lots of friends live across the country). They are just the same as a local catalog show..I would also say to stay on top of your host and use the website as a big tool. I also encourage she either submits the orders for each guest on the website or gets me their order forms as she gets them (they can email, fax, or over the phone). Just continue to be in touch with them. Good luck

Almost all of my catalog shows have been out of state..I mail a few catalogs and OOF's, and then set up the website. They post on FB and share with family and friends. Funny most of my hosts don't use the website tools though. I'd email clearly defined info on closing, shipping, etc.

If guest are not using credit cards I have the guest make checks out to the host if its an out of state catalog show and then I have the host pay for the balance of the show using her own credit or debit card and works great. I currently have an out of state catalog show going on right now. This host is great she has done 2 shows before and this works out great for us.

I got a catalog show tic tac toe form somewhere around here. It has a few extra incentives to keep the hostess going. My aunt in Washington has done 2 catty shows for me (I am in Texas) and they went well. The first was about 450 in sales and the next was barely 150, but sales are sales.

1. What is an Out of State Catalog Show?

An Out of State Catalog Show is an opportunity for customers who do not live in the same state as the host to still participate in a Pampered Chef party. The host will receive a catalog and order forms to share with friends and family who can then place orders through the host.

2. How do I host an Out of State Catalog Show?

To host an Out of State Catalog Show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant. They will provide you with a catalog and order forms to share with friends and family who live in different states. You can also create an online party link to share with out-of-state guests.

3. Can I earn free products as a host of an Out of State Catalog Show?

Yes, as a host of an Out of State Catalog Show, you can earn free and discounted products just like a regular in-person party host. The more orders that are placed through your party, the more rewards you will receive.

4. How do my out-of-state guests place orders?

Your out-of-state guests can place orders by filling out the order form in the catalog or by using the online party link. They can also contact you directly to place an order. All orders will be shipped directly to the guests' addresses.

5. Are there any special perks for hosting an Out of State Catalog Show?

Yes, there are special perks for hosting an Out of State Catalog Show. In addition to earning free and discounted products, you will also have the opportunity to introduce Pampered Chef to friends and family who may not have access to a consultant in their area. It's a great way to expand your network and share your love for Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cttdbreeves
  • melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
blueberrylady
  • pampchef.angel