• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Zucchini overload: Any good recipes for zucchini bread?

In summary, the conversation involves a discussion about zucchini and recipes to use it in. Suggestions are made for websites with zucchini recipes, as well as tips for freezing zucchini. A recipe for zucchini casserole and zucchini bread are also shared, along with a unique recipe for zucchini cobbler that tastes like apple cobbler. It is also mentioned that zucchini is easy to freeze and can be used in various dishes. Overall, the conversation highlights the versatility and abundance of zucchini in gardens and the many delicious ways to incorporate it into meals.
buckeyefan08
My SIL has an awesome garden. We wento over there tonight and got a TON of veggies. We have more zuchinni (sp?) than we know what to do with. Does anyone have a good recipe for bread that you wouldn't mind sharing? I love zuchinni bread but I don't know how to make it!
Thanks!

allrecipes.com or myrecipes.com should have great recipes.

I was going to suggest allrecipes.com too.

Zucchini - correct spelling if you are searching for recipes.

Thank You ladies!

Oh - and zucchini is easy to freeze if you have a freezer!

Shred it with the mandoline, and then measure it into 2-3 cups per bag, and freeze it in Ziploc Freezer Bags. Then, when you need it for zucchini bread, muffins, or cake, you can pull it out, defrost it, and you are set to go!

I love it on the grill myself!! Or I'll do them in a stir fry with mushrooms and onions Yummo!

My mommy used to make Zuchini Bread AND Zuchini Cake. I am not sure where her recipes are, or when I'll have time to type them, though!

Hey, my family always had zucchini in the garden and it just goes banana's if you don't watch out! My DM just sent me a PC friendly recipe for her Zucchini casserole today. She uses the DCB. I grew up on the stuff. It's not a sweet bread, it's a main course, but it is sooo good! Maybe a good idea if you get sick of zucchini bread. Oh and hey I'll throw in her Zucchini bread recipe just for kicks..

Zucchini Casserole
By Geneve Wanberg

1 – lb zucchini, cubed
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons pancake mix
3 eggs (beaten with fork)
1/2 cup diced red, yellow, and orange bell peppers
1/2 – lb jack cheese or cheddar/jack cheese, cut in cubes
1/4 cup butter
4 green chilies roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped OR 1 – 4 oz can of green chilies
1/2 cup fried onions, crumbled

Generously spray a 12 inch X 9 inch X 5-1/2 inch covered deep dish clay baker (I use the one made by Pampered Chef). Place cubed zucchini in baker, cover and microwave for 5 minutes. Drain zucchini (this is critical to created the correct consistency in the casserole) then set aside keeping zucchini in clay baker. Combine salt, cumin, ancho chili powder, baking powder, with pancake mix and set aside. Next combine together the beaten eggs, diced peppers, cubed cheese, and pancake/spice mixture. Fold this mixture into zucchini mixture in the clay baker. Dot with butter and return covered clay baker to microwave oven. Cook casserole at full power setting for 15 minutes (turn a quarter of they way if you don’t have a turntable in your microwave). Casserole should be slightly runny in center. Gently draw outside of casserole to center. Replace cover and let casserole stand on counter for another 5 to 10 minutes. Just before serving sprinkle fried onions over top.

Makes: 5-6 servings

NOTE: Casserole can be baked in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or till set. This recipe can easily be doubled.

Works every time!

Zucchini Bread

Combine and beat together:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup granulated fructose)
1 cup expeller pressed oil
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp rum extract

Sift together:
3 cups cake flour (white or wheat)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp alspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder

2 cups chocolate chips (white or dark)--optional
1/2 cup nuts, chopped --optional

Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir well. Add remaining fun stuff if you want.
Pour into 2 8 inch by 4 inch loaf pans and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Yield 2 loaves

This isn't a recipe for bread...but it's a COBBLER that tastes like it's apple cobbler! If you take out the seeds, and peel the green off of the zucchini, no one will even know it's not apples!

Zucchini Cobbler - Allrecipes

Thanks everyone! These all sound great!
Kelly-
What a great way to sneak in some veggies without the kids (and DH!) even knowing!

I just made zucchini bread this week and the recipe is from allrecipes.com
I used the recipe that is titled Mom's Zucchini Bread that has over 900 reviews. It is the best tasting bread yet! It just calls for cinnamon, but I used our Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend and it is YUM-O.....as Rachael Ray would say!
Good luck

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - and zucchini is easy to freeze if you have a freezer!

Shred it with the mandoline, and then measure it into 2-3 cups per bag, and freeze it in Ziploc Freezer Bags. Then, when you need it for zucchini bread, muffins, or cake, you can pull it out, defrost it, and you are set to go!

I also keep it the freezer chopped for pizza topping.

I make zucchini fritters. 1-2 cups grated zucchini, self rising flour about 1 cup, 1 egg, and 1 to 1/2 cups grated cheese. Mix together, use enough flour so it sticks together. Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and cook. YUM and you can top with more grated cheese if you want to. And of course you can always bread in flour and eggs, salt and pepper and fry.... Just slice thin.

chefdiana2007 said:
I make zucchini fritters. 1-2 cups grated zucchini, self rising flour about 1 cup, 1 egg, and 1 to 1/2 cups grated cheese. Mix together, use enough flour so it sticks together. Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and cook. YUM and you can top with more grated cheese if you want to. And of course you can always bread in flour and eggs, salt and pepper and fry.... Just slice thin.

MMmmmmm....now I need some zucchini!

When you shred your zucchini do you peel it first?

(Can you tell I don't eat it very often? It has to be in something for me to like it! LOL!)

buckeyefan08 said:
When you shred your zucchini do you peel it first?

(Can you tell I don't eat it very often? It has to be in something for me to like it! LOL!)

Nope - I've never peeled a zucchini!

The three cheese garden pizza is awesome and it has zucchini on it! It's one of the new consultant recipes. I make it for my kids and dh all time time. I even made it at my first cooking show. It was such a huge hit that they wanted me to make a second one!

I have used a recipe from our local food markets' magazine, at least three times, and have added a few of my own embellishments.
Zucchini - Corn Pancakes

1 - 6 to 8 inch zucchini, 2 ears of cooked corn, 2 green onions sliced etc.
1 1/2 cup Bisquick; 1 tsp. salt; 1 tsp. Pampered Chef Italian Seasonings;1/2 cup Sargento Reduced Fat-4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese;1/2 tsp. pepper; 2 JUMBO eggs; 1/4 cup water; 4 tablespoons vegetable oil.

Shred the Zucchini with our Mandoline; use Boning knife to cut the cooked corn off the cob (you could use it from a can). Add all the other ingredients in our Classic Batter Bowl, and stir with a Mix N Scraper until all Bisquick is moist. Spray our Griddle with Kitchen Spritzer, and use our Medium scoop to place batter on the griddle. This recipe makes approximately 18 to 20 three inch pancakes. They stay fresh in refrigerator for several days. I dole them out to myself about 3 to 4 per day for breakfast.

The only time I peel zucchini is when we have some that are huge, (we left them too long, or we over looked them) I have had some 18 inches or more, then the skin is tough and I peel those and seed them and grate them for bread, cupcakes, or fritters.

My friend, Lisa makes pie with them, use apple pie recipe, add cinammon plus and it tastes like apple pie.

KellyTheChef said:
This isn't a recipe for bread...but it's a COBBLER that tastes like it's apple cobbler! If you take out the seeds, and peel the green off of the zucchini, no one will even know it's not apples!

Zucchini Cobbler - Allrecipes

I got zucchini just to try this recipe! I have a feeling this may be a family favorite for years! I think carmel sprinkles would be in order... Oh. It calls for a lot of sugar. I may half it, just for kicks. Thanks for posting this Kelly!!

I shredded and chopped all day today! Tomarrow I think I'll be baking and freezing all day! I can't wait to try the cobbler, that's for dessert tomarrow!

Stephanie and Lisa...I am coming to your houses for dessert!

Any large "escapee' zukes in my garden, I cut open and give to the chickens :)

The small to medium ones get used up quickly. Last version of zuke cake (flavored with cocoa powder), I used the julienne peeler, and it worked wonderfully, quickly, and was easy to clean.

btw, tender young pumpkins taste yummy too, cooked as a veggie.

KellyTheChef said:
Stephanie and Lisa...I am coming to your houses for dessert!

I'm sure there would be plenty! That seems like a large recipe for us... do you think I could freeze some of the leftovers?

Stephanie, do you have to cover the zucchini casserole when you bake it in the oven? I would love to try this, but don't want to mess it up.

1. How can I control weeds in my garden?

To control weeds in your garden, you can use a combination of methods such as hand-pulling, using mulch, or using a weed killer specifically designed for gardens. It's important to stay on top of weeding regularly to prevent them from taking over.

2. What can I do about pests in my garden?

To control pests in your garden, you can use natural remedies like neem oil or plant companion plants that repel pests. You can also use physical barriers like netting or row covers to protect your plants. It's also important to keep your garden clean and free of debris to discourage pests.

3. How do I prevent my plants from becoming overgrown?

To prevent your plants from becoming overgrown, make sure to properly space them when planting. You can also use pruning techniques to control the growth of your plants. Regularly checking on your plants and removing any dead or damaged parts can also prevent overgrowth.

4. What should I do if my plants are not producing fruit?

If your plants are not producing fruit, it could be due to a lack of pollination, improper watering, or nutrient deficiencies. To encourage fruit production, you can hand-pollinate your plants, make sure they are getting enough water, and fertilize them with a balanced fertilizer.

5. How can I improve the overall health of my garden?

To improve the overall health of your garden, make sure to provide adequate sunlight, water, and nutrients to your plants. Practice crop rotation to prevent nutrient depletion in the soil. Regularly check for pests and diseases and take appropriate measures to control them. Maintaining a clean and well-maintained garden can also promote overall health.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • KristinS
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies