• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone Lead to 7 New Business Opportunities?

In summary, a woman shares her experience of stepping out of her comfort zone and visiting various businesses to drop off old catalogs and offer a Pamper A Business show. She was accompanied by her 14-year-old daughter who also helped with the show at the library. They had fantastic results, with 2 Pamper Business shows, 2 potential shows, and 1 catalog show started. They also had success in giving catalogs to people at the grocery store. The woman encourages others to do the same, and shares how one director incorporates treats when visiting businesses. Another woman asks for tips on approaching businesses and the woman shares her approach.
wcsis
I decided to get out of my comfort zone and go out and find business. Last night my daughter and I drove through town and wrote down businesses where I could drop off old catalogs like hair salons, car repair places and such. We also made a list of places I would offer a Pamper A Business show.

So today at noon, she and I left the house, stopped at several places and dropped off old catalogs in waiting areas then I dropped her off at the library for 40 minutes while I went up and down the main street with my bag of goods. She is 14 and is handling the PB show at the library since she knows them from her volunteer work there. I didn't hit every place on the list in the 40 minutes but had fantastic results!!!!

2 Pamper Business shows started
2 check back next week to see if interested
1 straight up catalog show started
and my daughters library show

After all that we stopped at the grocery store for dinner stuff. Gave a catalog to the checker and the lady behind me in line asked for one also, gave me her name and # and told me to call her tomorrow afternoon about a booking a show! :D

I got home at 4:30 pm. So in just 4.5 hours of time I got to visit some shops I had never been in before, picked up dinner and potentially SEVEN extra shows for this month!!!!!

I can't wait to go back out tomorrow and hit the other places on my list.

I wish I had the courage to do this 5 months ago. Like the old advertisement JUST DO IT!

Way to go! What an encouragement to the rest of us!

I did the same thing yesterday - well part of it. I made up three Pamper Your Business packets and dropped them off at businesses in town. I didn't have your results but I'm going to check back today. I wasn't able to talk to managers yesterday.

But what a great idea for old catalogs. I was saving them for a vendor event I'm going to do later this month but I think I'll take a ride to town today. Town being (Kenner and Metairie-suburbs of New Orleans).

Thanks for sharing!:)

We have been talking about this at our director retreat and on of the directors does this when she calls th business to tell them what she is planing she says
YOUR BUSINESS WAS PICKED TO BE THE PAMERED BUSINESS OF THE MONTH .

Then she brings in the treats and catalogs and order forms tells them to enjoy the treats look though the catalog and she will be back in a few days

I am so excited for you! That is amazing. I am trying to pump up my business and I need to get out of my comfort zone. Can I ask, what did you say the business when you went in? Did you take a treat today or promise to bring one when you come back??? I already did my first show for April and I have nothing else on my calendar. :(
Thanks,
Sarah

did this several months ago/got 2 orders and tons of 'yummy food sorry no orders'

Excellent! Besides hair salons and doctor's office, what type of businesses did you offer the Pamper a Business to?

Way to go girl! :D

Bren706 said:
Excellent! Besides hair salons and doctor's office, what type of businesses did you offer the Pamper a Business to?

One time I asked my bank if I could bring in a little treat as a thank you for their help and also bring some catalogs. They said yes. I brought in S'More Cups in the Cool & Serve Tray. They loved them and someone bought a C&S tray and a few other things, and 2 other people there placed small orders. Well worth it!

I haven't done it with anyone else yet and I didn't present them with anything official beforehand. I'm going to the dentist next week and plan to do the same thing. We'll see how it goes! :)

sarahsworld2000 said:
I am so excited for you! That is amazing. I am trying to pump up my business and I need to get out of my comfort zone. Can I ask, what did you say the business when you went in? Did you take a treat today or promise to bring one when you come back??? I already did my first show for April and I have nothing else on my calendar. :(
Thanks,
Sarah

I just introduced myself, told them I was working on re-energizing my business and am offering a Pamper Your Business show! I showed my show catalog (taken apart and put into sleeve protectors and inserted into a 3-ring binder) and Pamper Business flyer. I explained how it works, I leave you with a catalog, order forms and April specials flyers and schedule a day to pick up the orders. When I come in for the orders I will bring a plate of treats for everyone in the office/shop to share as a Thank You for helping me re-energize my business.

I don't take treats in with the offer - I am not going to spend more money and time on something that may not have a return.

Bren706 said:

I love going to the BANKS!!!!!!!!!

I have a Pamper Business show going on at a bank I did this for last spring and they turned in a $400 show! When I returned to pick up the orders I brought my deep covered baker with chicken fajitas in it and provided tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream to go with. All carried in on the Bamboo reversible cutting board.

This particular bank we have a relationship with and the intention is to do a PB show once each season. Last year after doing the show at that bank I then went to 3 other branches of same bank and they each turned about $600 between the 3 of them.

It is well worth the time and effort to bring them food. After the first time it's an easy offer when the new season products come along.

I generally look for businesses that have 5 or more employees working, better chance of reaching that $150 mark. Any business is worth making the offer too, if you don't ask the answer is no right?

Thank you I love it! Do you mind if I share this with my team? Looks like I know what I am doing all weekend! :)

With the PB at the bank, are they taking orders from employees or customers?

Thanks, everyone, for all of the great ideas :)

sarahsworld2000 said:
Thank you I love it! Do you mind if I share this with my team? Looks like I know what I am doing all weekend! :)

Share away, thats the reason I posted about my results, wanted to share how the PB really worked!

Let us all know your results. I can't wait to hear about it.

allisonw said:
With the PB at the bank, are they taking orders from employees or customers?

Thanks, everyone, for all of the great ideas :)

I believe it was just the employees and couple shared with their friends and family. I don't ask who the customers are, I just collect the orders and add the customers to my contact list with a notation of the bank PB show.

So I went out again today, but got a late start. I was going to by pass a local womens clothing store but since my daughter was running down to the hair salon figured I might as well not waste the time in the truck and got out and went into the clothing store with my flyer and catalog.

They invited me to attend their Girls Night Out event next Friday night they are having!!! I am so stoked about this going and introducing myself I am making a new list of places to hit tomorrow and again starting on Monday!

Did you go out again this week, wcsis? How are you doing?

I am getting ready to hit the pavement myself. 8 PAB kits in hand. I have been on track Jan-March for the Taste of Travel, and with only having 1 show on the books for April right now (and the need to keep my Team Leader status), I need to step it up!

Good luck Brenda! Please let us know how it goes.
I went to my eye dr apt and I totally chickened out! But I have to go back next week to get my contacts and I am going to show up with treats and catalogs. When I get back into town I an going to hit the pavement too.
Please also share what words you used. I really stumble over my words :)

I stopped at 4 salons, and left host kits with 3 of them. At the fourth one, I had spoken with one of the stylists who said the manager was with a customer and he'd give my card to her when she was done and she could call me. (Usually, I can just wait around, but decided not to. I will stop in again sometime if I don't hear from her). Here's hoping I will have enough orders from them to submit a show. I will stop back in next week. I also stopped at my bank and spoke with one of the tellers. I will be dropping off a dessert on Monday along with catalogs.

For word choices, I probably stumbled as well, but I said that in addition to cooking shows, I also offer to Pamper Businesses by dropping catalogs off and then bring a dessert when I pick up the orders.

My stats from the one day I was out so far:

1st catalog show currently working on collecting orders. The gal works at the local bakery and actually I also asked if she ever considered having her own business and doing what I do. She said "YES"! So I am also working on this as an opportunity lead as well. I may offer the catalog show to her as a start to her own Pampered Chef business, since the only effort I put into it was stopping into the bakery that day for a few minutes.

2nd catalog show at the bank: scheduled to close on Monday the 16th. Will make a swing through to see if she is in today and check on how things are going. I will definately bring goodies to them on Monday even if needs to extend a few more days.

On another note I asked a friend's daughter if she would be interested in hosting a catalog show, she is 3000 miles away. Turns out she decided to invite 50 people for a Girls Dessert Night Pampered Chef catalog show. She is working on it hard as she wants lots of FPV. I told her if she pulls out products she already owns and uses them and shows them to the guests I will make it a cooking show! She posted the most amazing invite on FB and has about 15 guests coming. Next is talking to her, stay at home mom of two little ones, about being a consultant -- she is already doing the job of one!

I stopped in at the Fashion Bug on a whim, almost dismissed it as I was tired from all the other places I had gone in and out of that day. They are having a 'Girls Night Out' event tonight (Friday), and actually invited me to bring a table, products, info and munchies. I am getting ready for that today -- hope to generate some more leads from that as well.

I have to check on my other PB's I left packets with and check back with a couple managers that were not in that day.

Wow, this is all wonderful encouragement for those like me who like to stay in their "comfort zone"!!

wcsis said:
I stopped in at the Fashion Bug on a whim, almost dismissed it as I was tired from all the other places I had gone in and out of that day. They are having a 'Girls Night Out' event tonight (Friday), and actually invited me to bring a table, products, info and munchies. I am getting ready for that today -- hope to generate some more leads from that as well.

So the table at the Fashion Bug event produced 2 new newsletter recipients, 1 interested in obtaining a new catalog (I did not take any with me, I asked for their contact info), and I booked a show for May 12th! Not bad results overall considering the table was FREE and it was only 2 hours of my time and $8.00 for a veggie tray and cupcakes (1/2 of which came back home with me)

wcsis said:
So the table at the Fashion Bug event produced 2 new newsletter recipients, 1 interested in obtaining a new catalog (I did not take any with me, I asked for their contact info), and I booked a show for May 12th! Not bad results overall considering the table was FREE and it was only 2 hours of my time and $8.00 for a veggie tray and cupcakes (1/2 of which came back home with me)
Definitely not bad results at all! i was listening to a training seminar yesterday and she said that she tracked one show for two years. She held over 100 shows, had over $35k in sales, and I forget the other things.....probably recruits, etc. but that was the downflow from ONE show. So yes.....it can be very worth it. :)A few years ago, I read this from Tammy Stanley. I cant repost the diagram, so just read it from my first post.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/food-thought-about-bookings-51922/

Last edited:
What does everyone use for a Pamper Your Business Packet?

I am currently working on approaching churches in the area to see if their kitchen needs some "updating". Monday is obviously not a good day to find people in the church office, but I did get 2 who are going to put my info in their file for Women's group meetings & one Pastor was presenting my proposal to a group tonight. I'm hoping for more answered phones tomorrow. This really could work for any business - most of their employee break rooms have limited & poor quality tools.

I would be interested in learning what everyone includes in their "Pamper a Business" packet as well.

Just moved to a small town and have plans to pamper the town! It's all of one street so it shouldn't take long. I already spoke with a couple of biz who are happy to allow me to leave biz materials. Going to post "There's a PC rep in your area" and have been donating baked goods to events. Waiting to see those efforts translate to results. Think I need to host a couple of Come See What's New with PC shows...course, I need to eliminate the land of boxes I'm currently in. lol

Glad to read such great success for your efforts!

Thank you for encouraging messages like this one. Because of this thread, I got on the phone on Saturday and made calls and then sent emails until I had enough sales to submit 2 $200 shows today. I really wanted the apron and umbrella and hadn't had any shows in April. I knew it was because I hadn't worked my business. But I decided to work it now and see what happened. I closed both catalog shows today and my apron and umbrella will be on their way. Plus I connected with a lot of customers and just chatted or left voicemails. So, now I'm back on their radar and they'll hopefully think of me when they need Pampered Chef.

So, thank you again to those who do the uncomfortable and encourage the rest of us to do the same. None of the people I called were rude or unkind. I had nothing to be scared of and everything to gain. Now I just need to keep remembering this every day -- not just the last two days of each month.

Shari in TX

Wow that is great!

1. How can stepping out of my comfort zone benefit me in my career?

Stepping out of your comfort zone can benefit you in your career by helping you develop new skills, gain more confidence, and open up opportunities for growth and advancement. It can also show your employer that you are willing to take on new challenges and are not afraid of change.

2. How do I know when it's time to step out of my comfort zone?

Pay attention to feelings of stagnation or boredom in your current role, as well as opportunities for growth and development. If you find yourself feeling too comfortable or complacent, it may be a sign that it's time to push yourself out of your comfort zone.

3. What are some examples of stepping out of your comfort zone at work?

Some examples of stepping out of your comfort zone at work may include taking on a new project or task that is outside of your usual responsibilities, speaking up in meetings or presentations, or taking on a leadership role. It can also involve learning a new skill or working with a different team or department.

4. How can I prepare myself for stepping out of my comfort zone?

Preparing yourself for stepping out of your comfort zone can involve setting specific goals, visualizing yourself successfully completing the task or project, and seeking support and guidance from mentors or colleagues. It can also be helpful to remind yourself of past successes and the rewards that come with taking risks.

5. What if stepping out of my comfort zone doesn't work out?

Stepping out of your comfort zone can come with risks, and there is always a chance that things may not go as planned. However, even if the outcome is not what you had hoped for, you can still learn from the experience and use it as an opportunity for growth. Remember that taking risks and trying new things is a part of personal and professional development, and even failures can lead to valuable lessons and experiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies