• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making My First Cold Call - Help?

In summary, the conversation is about a person's first call to a stranger to promote TPC products. They share their nervousness and ask for advice. Another person suggests focusing on sharing information about recipes and tools rather than selling products. The first person is grateful for the advice and plans to use it for their next call.
kitchenqueen
I just did my FIRST call to someone I didn't know about TPC. AT our garage sale I had a table set up, etc and a guy entered his wife in for a free kitchen show by filling out a slip. He said they just moved in and "she likes this kind of stuff". So I called and left a message a second ago - I WAS SO NERVOUS and probably sounded like a fool :rolleyes: ! I even got dizzy after I hung up!!! I'm not a shy person, but I can't help but feel like a saleswoman which was probably the reason I got so nervous!! Does anyone have any advice? I know there have been discussions about this before, but I'm way too shaky right now to start searching!!! I would greatly appreciate it!!

Just take a deep breath and know that you will never have to do that again for the first time.

I still get nervous about some calls especially when I've been away and haven't done it for a week or two. Consistancy and practice helps a ton!

You are sharing information about great recipes and tools to make it easier for them to enjoy time around the table as a family and with friends. (Sounds better then "selling kitchen products" doesn't it??)

Remember that you know more then they do about TPC (even if you're brand new - you have the Recipe for Success they don't!) and if you don't know it you can find the answer for them. Always be nice and have fun and you will be fine!!

:D :p :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks!Thanks Beth! You're right, sharing information about recipes and tools with them does sound much better than selling kitchen tools. ;)

I even wrote a script and I didn't even follow one line in it! I've got another call to do tomorrow...I could have done it today, but I was so nervous after the first call, I didn't want to put myself through that again! :eek: I've been with TPC for 6 months now and I am just now getting out of my circle...I've had alot of friends and family come through for me to help and I am very grateful for that...but I really feel like I am starting over in a way!

Before I call tomorrow, I am going to collect my thoughts, and follow ytour advice about sharing information with them rather than try to "sell" them the idea of having a kitchen show. Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes! :cool:

What exactly is a cold call?

A cold call is when you reach out to a potential customer or client without any prior contact or relationship. It is a way to introduce yourself and your products or services to someone who may be interested in what you have to offer.

How do I prepare for a cold call?

Before making your first cold call, it is important to research the person or company you will be contacting. This will help you personalize your pitch and make a good first impression. It is also helpful to have a script or outline of what you want to say and any potential objections or questions you may encounter.

What are some tips for a successful cold call?

First, make sure you are calling at a good time. Avoid calling during busy hours or after hours. When you make the call, introduce yourself and the reason for your call concisely. Be confident and professional, and be prepared to handle any objections or questions the potential customer may have. Finally, always thank the person for their time and follow up with them if they express interest.

What should I avoid during a cold call?

Avoid using a generic script or sounding too rehearsed. This can come off as insincere and turn off potential customers. Also, avoid being pushy or aggressive. If the person is not interested, thank them for their time and move on. Lastly, do not forget to follow up with the person if they express interest, but do not be too persistent or it may come off as annoying.

What are some benefits of cold calling?

Cold calling can help you expand your customer base and reach potential clients that you may not have otherwise. It also allows you to directly communicate with the person and address any concerns they may have. Cold calling is a great way to generate leads and can lead to new business opportunities and partnerships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefHLM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • SandiLeigh