• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PH Stainless Cutlery - Not in the Same League as Professional Grade Cookware

In summary, the conversation discussed the comparison between Princess House (PH) and other cookware brands. It was mentioned that PH offers a forged cutlery set and stamped stainless steel handles, but their cookware is not of professional grade. The conversation also touched on the history and business practices of PH, as well as the differences in nickel content and construction between 18/10 and 18/0 stainless steel cookware. Overall, the consensus was that while PH may appeal to some customers for its aesthetic appeal, it may not be on par with higher end cookware brands like All-Clad.
MomToEli
Awhile back I remember someone mentioning that PH had stainless AND they had come out with a forged cutlery set and were wondering if they were going to give us a run for the money.

Well, I saw them live and in person the other day at the Fair. Our product is in a whole different league. Their cutlery is stamped stainless, for one thing. The handles are brushed stainless.

The cookware - well, think WalMart vs Sachs. The lids are etched glass. :confused: They are just not a professional grade product.

So, whoever was asking, they will only be a big deal if a customer is only interested in price - just like any other low end product will be.

Maybe it is just late, but what is PH?

I was hoping someone else would ask...cause I'm here all tired and a semi sleepy and for the life of me I can't think of any DM co. with those letters...ha.hhhaaaaa...haahhhaaa

Okay, I had to research it. I don't think I'd ever really heard of the company anyway. But here goes....Think not a queen but a _____(a girlie girl) and follow that with "casa" in English.

Chef Penny, I've been waiting a few hours for an answer! Then I go research it and voila...you answered it! Time for me to go to sleep! THanks!

I actually own a few pieces of PH stainless steel and it is nice. I haven't had a lot of cooking time with our PC ones though to be able to compare. Their knives are not as good as quality as ours but if a customer is going for that look then oh well for us. There's not a whole lot of PH here (except when I host a party!), but that's been a year!

PH has been around for a long time. I was a consultant with them twenty years ago. I left after a year...in part because they (or at least my upline) stressed making your hosts 'greedy.' PH offers(ed?) gorgeous host incentives for three bookings...which generated a lot of what I call 'guilt' bookings. Not my way of doing business. Their focus is entertaining more so than cooking. (Their core product is crystal.)

just fyi...not interested in starting a bashing thread...my observation only

According to the product description on the PH website, "Base and corners feature 5mm aluminum encapsulated in 18/10 stainless steel for fast, even heating to prevent “hot spots” where food may stick or burn." A lot of lower-priced SS cookware uses this sort of "disc-bottom" construction. On our SS cookware (like All-Clad), the aluminum core goes through the whole pan. This results in much more even and efficient heating.

One more thing...

PH and many popular cookware lines have 18/10 SS exteriors, while PC and All-Clad have 18/0 exteriors. The difference between the two grades is the percentage of nickel in the alloy (18/10 has 10% and 18/0 has none). Nickel is good because it makes for a very shiny and corrosion-resistant steel, but it's not so good because it makes the resulting steel lose its magnetic charge. Cookware with an 18/10 SS exterior is not magnetic and therefore will not work on an induction cooktop. So, PC and All-Clad use 18/0 exteriors because they're still stainless steel, but can be used on induction ranges.

That's good info parishkitchen! Thanks!

katie0128 said:
Maybe it is just late, but what is PH?

I see you've gotten your answer. Someone on here was wondering about their product line, so that was why I posted.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how ours compares to Taste of Home Entertaining?

ParishKitchen said:
One more thing...

PH and many popular cookware lines have 18/10 SS exteriors, while PC and All-Clad have 18/0 exteriors. The difference between the two grades is the percentage of nickel in the alloy (18/10 has 10% and 18/0 has none). Nickel is good because it makes for a very shiny and corrosion-resistant steel, but it's not so good because it makes the resulting steel lose its magnetic charge. Cookware with an 18/10 SS exterior is not magnetic and therefore will not work on an induction cooktop. So, PC and All-Clad use 18/0 exteriors because they're still stainless steel, but can be used on induction ranges.
Good to know.

ParishKitchen said:
According to the product description on the PH website, "Base and corners feature 5mm aluminum encapsulated in 18/10 stainless steel for fast, even heating to prevent “hot spots” where food may stick or burn." A lot of lower-priced SS cookware uses this sort of "disc-bottom" construction. On our SS cookware (like All-Clad), the aluminum core goes through the whole pan. This results in much more even and efficient heating.

ParishKitchen said:
One more thing...

Ann... oh, Ann... Where are you? I think you better jump in this thread soon... ParishKitchen is showing that she carries lots of "textbook" information in her head as well! This information has been useful and very educational, but I'm guessing she has some "useless" facts floating in there as well!

BTW... ParishKitchen - if you haven't seen, Ann likes to post "...and this is another useless fact from the brain of Ann" quite a bit.

:) Cool!

I've only been doing PC for 4 months, so people at my cluster meetings tend to be surprised that I know all these things. But you see, everyone can learn all this information and more through a very simple, tried-and-true method:

Whenever you're supposed to be doing something (working, studying, organizing your kitchen drawers, etc.), turn on your TV and watch the Food Network instead. Works like a charm!

:D

Katie- you're so silly. :DMuch of the information Parish Kitchen has posted (about our SS, not PH's) is in the online training center's unit on the SS cookware. So it's out there for us to learn, even for those who don't have cable. And another good place to get info about types of construction of tools is at kitchen stores. Go in, and read the boxes of cookware. Compare the prices. Talk to the salespeople (you'll have to fib a bit and tell them that you're doing research for a future purchase and not tell them that it's to purchase ours ;) ). It's amazing what you can learn just from picking them up in the store.

1. What is PH stainless cutlery?

PH stainless cutlery is a type of stainless steel that is commonly used in kitchen knives and cookware. It is known for its high corrosion resistance and durability.

2. How does PH stainless cutlery compare to professional grade cookware?

While PH stainless cutlery is a high quality and durable option for home use, it is not in the same league as professional grade cookware. Professional grade cookware is typically made from higher quality materials and is designed to withstand heavy use in a commercial kitchen.

3. Is PH stainless cutlery safe to use for cooking?

Yes, PH stainless cutlery is safe to use for cooking. It is made with food-grade stainless steel and does not contain any harmful chemicals. However, it is important to note that it is not as heat-resistant as professional grade cookware and may not be suitable for high-temperature cooking methods.

4. Can PH stainless cutlery be sharpened?

Yes, PH stainless cutlery can be sharpened. However, it is not recommended to sharpen it with a traditional knife sharpener as it may damage the blade. We recommend using a sharpening stone or taking it to a professional for sharpening.

5. How do I care for my PH stainless cutlery?

To ensure the longevity of your PH stainless cutlery, it is important to hand wash and dry it immediately after use. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can scratch the surface. It is also recommended to store it in a knife block or sheath to protect the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• letscook04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
  • BadGirl