• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Our Shipping Isn't so Bad Compared to Other Ds

In summary, the new Willow House catalog has a mix of products from Taste of Home. The shipping is either $4.00 or $4.50. The host benefits are $125-$249 for one item at half price, $250-$500 for one item at half price, $500-$749 for two items at half price, and $750-$999 for three items at half price. The host also gets a half price item for every party booked under hers. The new catalog does not wow me.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Just got an email from my friend who sells Willow House (formerly SLAH). Considering how expensive their items are, can you imagine what you'll pay in S/H?? I can't wait to look at the catalog and see what kind of selection that they have for items under $40 that you can get for half-price as your guest special...my guess is not too much.

Place an order totaling $39.96 and get any item $40 or less for half price.

Our shipping and handling has changed also. Have your order shipped to the hostess or to me and the s&h is 10% ($4.00 min.) of your order. Have your order shipped to your home and s&h is 15% ($7.00 min.) of your order.

I had someone complain at my show on Sunday about another direct sales company. She went to place her order and the consultant said the shipping was $8.50. The guest asked if that was being shipped to her, which the consultant replied no it would go to the host. I forget the rest of the story but apparently the cosnultant got snippy with her when she talked about not placing an order!

I have yet to order anything from another DS company that the shipping is less than ours. I do understand the frustration for guests who order one thing for $10.00 and then paying $4.25 (or $4.50) for shipping, but if they did a comparison on shipping costs, they would understand.

Liinda - I have seen the new Willow House catalog and it seems that they combined with Taste of Home (???). I personally wasn't WOW-ed with the catalog. I didn't pay attention to their pricing though.

I agree with Lisa very few new things in their new catalog

I recently signed with Willow House because I love design as much as I love cooking. It is just like any other DS company; some people think the products are high, some think the products are worth what they cost. Some people want them; some don't.
I just flipped through the catalog and found that out of 247 items, 152 are under $39.96. I do think the guest special is pretty cool as you can pick what your half price item is. The host benefits are not bad:
$125-$249 - one item at half price
$250-$500 - one item at half price, plus 10% free
$500-$749 - two items at half price, plus 15% free
$750-$999 - three items at half price, plus 15% free
$1000 + - 4 items at half price, plus 20% free
Once a party has reached $250, in addition to those benefits, the host gets to buy any item of her choice at 70% off - that replaces a monthly host special. The host also gets a half price item for every party booked under hers.
Again, it's all about what people are interested in. It amazes me the amount that some people pay for make up, candles, etc., but to each his/her own. Some people think it is ridiculous to pay PC prices for stuff to cook with.
I don't do PC or Willow House to make a living; I do it because I enjoy doing it and whatever money I make is a side benefit.
And, Willow House combined with Entertainment at Home, which I had never heard of before. I don't know if it was Taste of Home at one time.
I recently held a Premier Jewelry party and the shipping was either $4.00 or $4.50 (can't remember), which had just increased from $2.00. I also had a Private Quarters party and their shipping is a little high, but for the larger items, it's not any worse than what you would pay from JC Penny, WalMart, etc.

it used to be taste of home entertaining which was started by one of the execs who left SLAH, I loved both and have had several parties with both companies but the new catalog doesn't WOW me.

Anything to do with Entertaining at Home (i.e. Taste of Home Entertaining) leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Those of us who were around when they started know why.

I think Willow House was a move of desperation. We'll see how long it lasts. TOHE has already gone through a couple changeovers in ownership since they started, this is just one more. AND I think changing the name doesn't constitute a "ground floor" experience. :rolleyes:

Teresa Lynn said:
it used to be taste of home entertaining which was started by one of the execs who left SLAH, I loved both and have had several parties with both companies but the new catalog doesn't WOW me.
I had heard of SLAH but had never seen their products, so for me, everything is new :O). They have a lot of beautiful stuff and what I love the most are the ideas I am getting.

Yes, Willow House is Southern Living and Taste of Home Entertaining combined. I didn't see much new in there either. And I agree with Becky--this is hardly ground floor.

Partylite's shipping is 10 percent too. And an out of town guest cannot order something and have it direct shipped. They have to buy a gift certificate and then order something and have it direct shipped for the host to get credit for the order of the gift certificate. Which means they don't qualify for the guest specials. And those guest specials are not free items, but items at a certain price if they spend $40 or more. I know. Roomie is having a partylite show next month.

Just went to a WH party this weekend- a friend is a consultant. Some items do seem a bit pricey~ $40 for a glass vase, but it was about all I could find that matched my decor, tastes and budget. Most of the items I like are too pricey for me. I love their glass beverage dispenser but cannot image spending $130 on it- I'd rather buy cookware!

pampcheflisa said:
I have yet to order anything from another DS company that the shipping is less than ours. I do understand the frustration for guests who order one thing for $10.00 and then paying $4.25 (or $4.50) for shipping, but if they did a comparison on shipping costs, they would understand.

Liinda - I have seen the new Willow House catalog and it seems that they combined with Taste of Home (???). I personally wasn't WOW-ed with the catalog. I didn't pay attention to their pricing though.

Someone oughta put together a DS Companies Shipping Comparison Chart!

Pampered Chef shipping to Hawaii (15% + $2 to ship to host) isn't bad at all, considering we get Fed Ex 2 day. Some folks that have moved from the mainland get a little shocked that they can't just pay $4.25. But, those of us that have lived overseas is just happy to not pay direct shipping rates, which are required overseas. Here, it's just one of the costs of living in paradise... :)

Intrepid_Chef said:
Partylite's shipping is 10 percent too. And an out of town guest cannot order something and have it direct shipped. They have to buy a gift certificate and then order something and have it direct shipped for the host to get credit for the order of the gift certificate. Which means they don't qualify for the guest specials. And those guest specials are not free items, but items at a certain price if they spend $40 or more. I know. Roomie is having a partylite show next month.

I just placed an online order for a friend's PL show and had it direct shipped to me on the military base here in Tokyo. I also qualified for the "guest special" - which you are right, spend a certain amount & right now you can get tea light candles for a discounted price.

Sheila said:
I just placed an online order for a friend's PL show and had it direct shipped to me on the military base here in Tokyo. I also qualified for the "guest special" - which you are right, spend a certain amount & right now you can get tea light candles for a discounted price.
It must be because you're on a Military Base, because we can't place orders and have them direct shipped here. Another CS friend just had a PL show recently, and several of us tried - and it wasn't allowed. :(

lkbcovington said:
Just went to a WH party this weekend- a friend is a consultant. Some items do seem a bit pricey~ $40 for a glass vase, but it was about all I could find that matched my decor, tastes and budget. Most of the items I like are too pricey for me. I love their glass beverage dispenser but cannot image spending $130 on it- I'd rather buy cookware!
That dispenser is gorgeous, but you are right - I couldn't justify paying full price for it either. But there again, if someone hosted a party that reached $250, they could buy that for 70% off. That was the only way I could afford my cookware with PC, by hosting and getting it as a half price combo. After I got that, I decided to become a consultant.

Roomie's sis is a Premier consultant and his stepmother is having a show, so I asked for a catalog. The order form had $2.50 shipping. It was strached out and written $4. Either it was a misprint, their shipping went WAY up, or she is assuming I want direct shipping. When I sold jewelry it was $5.95 but direct shipping to each customer.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Roomie's sis is a Premier consultant and his stepmother is having a show, so I asked for a catalog. The order form had $2.50 shipping. It was strached out and written $4. Either it was a misprint, their shipping went WAY up, or she is assuming I want direct shipping. When I sold jewelry it was $5.95 but direct shipping to each customer.

I just ordered PD jewelry last weekend for a party I could not go to. I had to pay $4.00 shipping for 2 necklaces and 2 pairs of earrings. ugh

Intrepid_Chef said:

Could also be she is using old receipts. That's why I won't reuse my old receipts when the shipping goes up. (A) It's more work for me, and (B) why irritate someone when they SEE the increase in price, even if it is just $0.25. It doesn't cost much to get the receipts (IMHO)- plus I get a free set in my first supply order.

ChefBeckyD said:
It must be because you're on a Military Base, because we can't place orders and have them direct shipped here. Another CS friend just had a PL show recently, and several of us tried - and it wasn't allowed. :(

hmmm... I'm having a PartyLite party right now and the consultant told me that my long distance friends could have their order direct shipped.

ChefBeckyD said:

I ordered from a lady that my aunt works with in FL and my order was shipped to me here in GA - direct from Party Lite, not the consultant (It came USPS). But, I also only ordered pantry items so don't know if that made a difference.

BethCooks4U said:
hmmm... I'm having a PartyLite party right now and the consultant told me that my long distance friends could have their order direct shipped.

Hmmm, Now I'm wondering if it's up to the individual consultant whether or not they accept direct shipping orders? Maybe it's somehow an added cost for them?

Intrepid_Chef said:

Yes it went up!!

wadesgirl said:
Yes it went up!!

AND you're going to have to pay $5 for EACH piece of crap jewelry you ship back because it's broken/tarnished/stones have fallen out. And eventually you'll have to send them all back. :grumpy:

NOT had a good experience with this Co. or with LS. Won't be ordering jewelry any more.

ChefBeckyD said:
AND you're going to have to pay $5 for EACH piece of crap jewelry you ship back because it's broken/tarnished/stones have fallen out. And eventually you'll have to send them all back. :grumpy:

NOT had a good experience with this Co. or with LS. Won't be ordering jewelry any more.

They already do that! That's why I've sworn off them!!!!!! I had two necklaces that broke within two days. Not even ust tarnishing or anything, just plain broke.

wadesgirl said:
They already do that! That's why I've sworn off them!!!!!! I had two necklaces that broke within two days. Not even ust tarnishing or anything, just plain broke.

Yep, I know....I've had something go wrong with every single piece I bought. And I bought several. I thought I could save on shipping and send 4 pieces back together, but it was going to be $20 to send them back to be replaced. I decided it wasn't worth $20, and just threw them away.

ChefBeckyD said:

Same with Park Lane. I have a couple pieces that are badly tarnished and I've just had them a month at most and they hang in my jewelry armoire - so not in the light. They charged $5.85 "insurance" aka shipping and if you need to do a return you pay to ship it back - I need to look at the receipt as to whether I have to pay a fee per piece too... I'll stick with jewelry stores from now on. This is the 3rd DS jewelry company I've bought from and all are the same junk. Jewelry I buy at CATO lasts longer.

BethCooks4U said:
Same with Park Lane. I have a couple pieces that are badly tarnished and I've just had them a month at most and they hang in my jewelry armoire - so not in the light. They charged $5.85 "insurance" aka shipping and if you need to do a return you pay to ship it back - I need to look at the receipt as to whether I have to pay a fee per piece too... I'll stick with jewelry stores from now on. This is the 3rd DS jewelry company I've bought from and all are the same junk. Jewelry I buy at CATO lasts longer.

That's how I feel too. My little guy bought me a necklace from his Secret Santa Shop at school last Christmas - it cost him $2 I think. I wear that all the time, and it's still fine.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's how I feel too. My little guy bought me a necklace from his Secret Santa Shop at school last Christmas - it cost him $2 I think. I wear that all the time, and it's still fine.

I don't buy jewelry or attend jewelry parties because I think that stuff is WAY overpriced!! I agree with whoever said they like the stuff at CATO better!

Soooo...... Nothing really to add here except.... awwwwww!!! :love: That's so sweet!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep, I know....I've had something go wrong with every single piece I bought. And I bought several. I thought I could save on shipping and send 4 pieces back together, but it was going to be $20 to send them back to be replaced. I decided it wasn't worth $20, and just threw them away.

The funny part is it's my aunt who is the consultant. She tells me that they have a very low return rate and how she just cannot believe that I've had so many issues. Yah, that's because people are probably just doing what you are doing rather than telling the company. Since then (February) I had two more with issues in the next two months. They are all sitting in my bathroom because my aunt told me she would get them replaced for me on her dime but I just don't have the gumption any more to deal with it. I would much rather just buy "cheap" jewelry and risk it breaking than spend that much money on any more!

Hmm....my husband just signed up under H2O at Home as a founding advisor for organic cleaning materials.. I will have to check out what they charge for shipping now.... I agree on the jewelry...nice thing for me is that I am allergic to anything that is not sterling silver or real gold (not plated or filled) so I get to politely bow out everytime I am asked!

Last edited:
to add my two cents to the jewelry discussion........I have ordered several things from several different DS companies, and the only one that I have NOT had a problem with the jewelry is Silpada. Of course, the product costs significantly more. My neighbor is a consultant, so I will usually just buy one piece when she has something, I have 3 necklaces and 3 pair of earrings and haven't had any problems with them, but shipping is higher than ours!!

I have several pieces from Premier and I love them. I have no clue what their s/h is since my friend is a consultant and we swap product :) I did break a necklace (totally my fault, got it caught on something) and she had it replaced for me.

Sarah Coventry charged $5.95 but that was no matter how many pieces were sent back. I used to send multiple pieces in at one time. Then they went out of business, and I have no place to return them now.I did notice that the gold tone pieces had a much shorter life than the silver toned ones. That gave me a bad taste in my mouth for gold toned jewelry, as much as I used to love it.

1. How does Pampered Chef's shipping compare to other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef's shipping is generally considered to be more reasonable compared to other direct sales companies. Our standard shipping and handling rates are 10% for orders shipped to the hostess or consultant and 15% for orders shipped to the customer's home. This is lower than the average shipping rates of other companies, which can range from 15% to 20%.

2. Is shipping expensive for Willow House (formerly SLAH) products?

Yes, the shipping rates for Willow House (formerly SLAH) products can be quite expensive. This is due to the high cost of their items, which can lead to higher shipping and handling fees. For example, a $40 order may have a shipping and handling fee of $6 to $8, which is significantly higher than Pampered Chef's rates.

3. Are there any affordable options for guests who want to purchase Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer a guest special where guests can purchase any item priced at $40 or less for half price when they place an order totaling $39.96. This is a great way for guests to get a high-quality product at a discounted price.

4. Has Pampered Chef's shipping and handling policy changed recently?

Yes, our shipping and handling policy has changed. We now offer a lower rate of 10% for orders shipped to the hostess or consultant and 15% for orders shipped to the customer's home. This change was made to ensure more affordable shipping options for our customers.

5. Can I choose where I want my order to be shipped?

Yes, you can choose to have your order shipped to the hostess or consultant, or directly to your home. If you choose to have your order shipped to the hostess or consultant, the shipping and handling rate will be 10% of your total order, with a minimum fee of $4. If you choose to have your order shipped to your home, the rate will be 15% of your total order, with a minimum fee of $7.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlmcunning
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies