1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Our Dog

1. Trish in Texas

Trish in Texas Member Gold Member

Our twelve-year-old dog, a loving chihauhau (and our first-born dog) died early this morning of a heart attack. We are truly sad...thought he would live to be 20. This deer-colored dog was given to us by my husband's late sister who died of Alzheimer's. Please pray that our hearts can tolerate the pain...we have a couple of other chihauhaus to care for.

Trish in Texas
    Independent Consultant

2. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

I know how you feel... We lost our 13 yo bassett hound Tracker in November, the day before Thanksgiving just before I got home from work. He was a shelter dog and he was the best dog/friend we ever had. I got him for my husband because he loves bassetts but he ended up being MY dog. Where ever I was, that’s where he was!

Still miss him! Haven't gotten another dog (yet)!

Jun 2, 2009
  3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Prayer for you and your family. To lose a 'pet' that isn't really a pet is so hard. I hope that you all take the time to grieve, it's so important. (((HUGS)))

4. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

Trish,

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in the memories of your sweet little dog.

Jun 2, 2009
  5. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a family member whether they are human, canine, feline, etc...

Jun 2, 2009
  6. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

Trish I'm so sorry. Dogs become a member of our families, and they are so loved. It hurts so much when they are gone. I'll be praying for comfort for you and your family during this time of loss.

Jun 2, 2009
  7. Trish in Texas

Trish in Texas Member Gold Member

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I keep calling his name today, even though it's one of the dogs I mean to talk to.

Trish in Texas
    Independent Consultant

8. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Losing a dog who has been such a part of your life is very hard. (talking from someone who has gone through this and it is not easy). Our first cocker spaniel also died from a heart problem--he died on the way home from the vets and we had to turn around and bring him back. HUGS to you and your family. May the other dogs give you comfort and love. I am sure they are suffering too!

9. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Hugs Trish!

Jun 2, 2009
  10. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry. Pets become such a part of our lives. Praying for comfort.

Jun 2, 2009
  11. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

The Rainbow Bridge - author unknown

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.'

12. Chef Endora

Chef Endora Advanced Member Gold Member

Trish, I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost a beloved pet almost 3 years ago. I miss him every day. Hugs and prayers to you & your family.

Jun 2, 2009
  13. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Oh Trish I am so sorry!

My dog is 9 and having a lot of health problems. I know it's probably not comforting to you, but I would feel blessed if he went on his own and I didn't have to make the decision.

I'll be praying and thinking of you.

Take Care,

14. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

Our three dogs, shitzu & 2 yorkies, are our children! We almost lost our girl yorkie when I accidently shut her in the HEAVY car door. I was swollen for three days from crying. I cry just thinking about loosing our oldest Jake, the shitzu he is 12 this year & showing signs of age fast. I will pray for you to find comfort in this hard time! My heart hurts thinking of your loss. One bright side of this (if there can be) is that he went on his own & you weren't asked to make a decision on whether or not he needed to be put to sleep. **hugs**

Jun 3, 2009
  15. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jun 3, 2009
Have something to add?