• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did our cookware save her house from burning down?

In summary, the lady received a HO lead that she followed up with and the story is of how her pan saved her house from burning down. The story was also shared by the director of a booth the lady visited recently.
pkd09
Silver Member
This is a fabulous story that I also plan to share with HO. I received a HO Lead (love them....three shows so far since new program) that I followed up with. The lady wanted to book a show to replace her PC pan. Here is the story....

Purchased the cookware a few years ago (not sure of model) at her last PC show she hosted. Two years ago she and her DH built a brand new home. About 6-8 weeks ago she was using her PC pan with lid on the stove preparing dinner when the telephone rang. She had just been informed two of her grandchildren were in a serious accident and were enroute to the hospital. Of course she and DH flew out of the house. 3 1/2 hours later she remembered her PC pan on the stove cooking! Grandchildren were going to be ok (staying in hospital for observation) so she ran out of the hospital while calling the fire department to check on her house. She arrived home shortly after the fire department got to her house and just as they were going to bust in the door. House was full of black smoke. The pan and lid was intact! She still has it. The fire department told her that her PC pan literally saved her house from being burnt to the ground. She told me she tells everyone her story on how she will always have PC cookware. Her insurance company put them up in an extended stay place for two weeks to clean up her house, that is how bad the smoke damage was.

I was amazed when she told me the story. I plan to take a camera with me to her show to get a picture of the pan. What a testiment to our cookware.

Wow! That is all I can say. I have seen how bad it can get when something is accidentally left on the stove cooking.
My question is the pan still usable?

I don't think she wants to chance it. That is why she is having a show, to replace the one in the fire. I can't wait to see it and get a picture of it.

WOW!! Amazing!!! I'm going to share this story, too!! AWESOME!!

A director that I worked a booth with recently told me a similar story from one of her customers. The lady had just purchased the brand new large stockpot. Her DH was retired, and was into cooking alot more. One day while she was out, he had started a pot of chili and put the lid on. Some of his buddies called him to go for a round of golf- so he went, forgetting about the pan on the stove. He called her to just come over to the country club when she was done and they met for dinner with the guys and their wives. I don't remember how long it was they were gone, but they arrived home to the fire dept. at their home. The neighbors had seen thick black smoke pouring out the back of the house and called the fire dept. Same as the lady above- the house was full of smoke, but the pot had contained the fire. The chili of course had dried up and the beans were charred. The fire dept told her the same thing- about the fire saving their house.Personally- I think you should send this story to the HO. Mine is third person- but you have it from the source!

Unbelievable....and thank God

I have already begun to tell the story at my shows, especially with cookware as a host special in August. Will show the pan picture when I get it.

pkd09 said:
I have already begun to tell the story at my shows, especially with cookware as a host special in August. Will show the pan picture when I get it.

What am awesome story!!!!

Would it be OK if we shared the story too?

If so, can we get a copy of the picture when you get it?

Also can we have the sales from the show? -Oh wait, that's probably going a little far!! LOL:D

I am not very good at the "download picture" thing but will try. Absolutely...use the story! I too am interested to see the sales after the show...hoping for cookware sales and/or bookings for August. I'll keep you all updated. This is such an awesome story and I feel truly thankful to PC for the HO lead. This was one of many positives that came with the new consultant program for me.

pkd09 said:
I am not very good at the "download picture" thing but will try. Absolutely...use the story! I too am interested to see the sales after the show...hoping for cookware sales and/or bookings for August. I'll keep you all updated. This is such an awesome story and I feel truly thankful to PC for the HO lead. This was one of many positives that came with the new consultant program for me.

That made me laugh! I can't/don't know how either (No pic next to my name). If it's easier you can e-mail it to me, of course then again you'd get 6534 people wanting you to e-mail it to them. LOL

Crystal Patton said:
What am awesome story!!!!

Would it be OK if we shared the story too?

If so, can we get a copy of the picture when you get it?

Also can we have the sales from the show? -Oh wait, that's probably going a little far!! LOL:D

Nice one Crystal....it never hurts to ask. = )

If you wouldn't mind sharing the pics, that would be fab!

Thanks!

She scheduled her show for mid-June so as soon as I get the picture, I'll give it a try.

pkd09 said:
She scheduled her show for mid-June so as soon as I get the picture, I'll give it a try.

I'll put it on my calendar. :D

pkd09 said:

If you cannot post it here, I'll expect a copy of it at Conference!!! ;)

What a testimonial for our cookware!

Which was it? The executive or the stainless?

I can't wait to tell this story at my fundraiser tomorrow!

With August being cookware-special, think of the impact this story will have for bookings in August! Really play that up! And she could be able to get MORE cookware at 60% for the Booking Benefit. :D

She told me she got it at a show she had a few years ago so I am thinking either the Generation or the Professional.

Something similar happened to my sister about 2 months ago. She was boiling a ham, and fell asleep on the couch. She woke up to something smelling, went to the kitchen, and there was the pan. The lid had contained most of the smoke. So her pan didn't go as far as the previous posters. She told me she could have cried because she though she ruined the pan, there was about a 1/2" layer of black gunk inside. She figured she would never get it cleaned out. She took a bamboo spatula expecting to have to try to scrape it out. One swipe and all of the gunk came out of the pan. So, to try to make the story short, the pan was saved. It looks like nothing was ever burnt in it.

I too have a PC cookware burning incident. I was making dinner (no lid) and frying hamburger. My friend/neighbor stopped by and we were outside talking on my porch as most everyone in the neighborhood was outside, beautiful day. We started hearing a weird noise, in fact I think my neighbors could hear it too, everyone was looking around. It was my smoke alarm!! I ran into the house, kitchen was full of smoke. I had forgotten about the hamburger. Needless to say, the hamburger was a brick...fell out of the pan in one peice and my pan...(executive 10" skillet) was BLACK...charred....and it wiped perfectly clean!! I still use it although I need to get it replaced, but not because of the "fire/smoke" thing, but because the handle is spinning.

EXCELLENT stories!! I can't wait to use them to book more shows!!!

If it's professional (and that line was being phased out when I signed up in Fall 07) then it's still under lifetime warranty.

I would not think leaving food on the stove for an extended period of time and burning it would be covered under the manufacture warranty.

What makes Pampered Chef cookware different from other cookware brands?

Pampered Chef cookware is made with high-quality materials and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. Our cookware is also non-toxic and free from harmful chemicals, making it safe for cooking and for the environment.

How did "Our Cookware Saved Her House" come about?

"Our Cookware Saved Her House" is a true story from one of our customers who experienced a kitchen fire. Thanks to the durability and heat resistance of our cookware, her kitchen was saved from major damage. This story showcases the reliability and quality of our products.

What types of cookware are included in the "Our Cookware Saved Her House" set?

The "Our Cookware Saved Her House" set includes a variety of essential cookware pieces such as a non-stick skillet, stockpot, saucepan, and more. Each piece is designed for optimal performance and is versatile for all types of cooking.

Is the "Our Cookware Saved Her House" set suitable for all stovetops?

Yes, the "Our Cookware Saved Her House" set is compatible with all stovetops including gas, electric, and induction. It is also safe for use in the oven and on the grill.

What is the warranty for the "Our Cookware Saved Her House" set?

We stand behind the quality of our products and offer a lifetime warranty for the "Our Cookware Saved Her House" set. This means that if there are any defects or issues with the cookware, we will replace it at no extra cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jessbn
  • pampered.chris