• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unconventional Uses for Prep Bowls: Easter Egg Coloring and More!

In summary, the conversation discusses various uses for prep bowls, including using them to mix colors when dying eggs and making individual servings of scrambled eggs and mini cakes. The conversation also includes tips for cooking the perfect hard boiled egg and a recipe for natural egg dye. Pampered Chef kitchen tools are also mentioned as helpful for Easter cooking.
lacychef
I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but had to share...
My girls & I colored eggs this morning, and the prep bowls worked GREAT for mixing up the colors in! Yet another use for those great little bowls. And to think when I first got them I didn't think I'd use them!
Happy Easter to all:D

Do they fit?
lacychef said:
I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but had to share...
My girls & I colored eggs this morning, and the prep bowls worked GREAT for mixing up the colors in! Yet another use for those great little bowls. And to think when I first got them I didn't think I'd use them!
Happy Easter to all:D

What size eggs did you use? Did the egg fit completely in the color or did you have to rotate it?

large eggs...is what I used. Just a small part of the egg poked out of the water, we just rotated them a little, and they turned out great!

Great idea. Another thread that was posted here suggested individual servings of scrambled eggs (microwave). Plus you can bake "mini" cakes with them. Every one can top the the way they want. The snowman cake is very cute.

I used the prep bowls last Easter and they are awesome for dying eggs! Speaking which I better get to boiling the eggs. Also, my director sent me this on cooking the perfect hard boiled egg...

Here are the Directions on how to Boil that Perfect Egg
so you won't have Green eggs or No eggs!

To prevent your eggs from sticking to the shells when you peel them, use
eggs that are a week to 10 days old! Older eggs have a different pH then
newer eggs! Cool eggs immediately after cooking in an Ice-Bath! This will
make them easier to Peel! Green centers-Green is made from the Iron in the egg yoke combining with the sulfur in the egg whites! Heat will cause a chemical reaction and make the center of your eggs Green!
The longer you cook your eggs the more green the center will be!
An ice-bath with also help this.

But the best way to cook your eggs so they will be easy to peel and
have pure yellow centers is to:
Place eggs in a pot of COLD water, add 1 teaspoon of salt (this will help
keep your eggs from cracking). Bring to a boil and COVER with a lid and
REMOVE from heat! Let sit COVERED for 13 minutes, Drain eggs and immediately place in ice-bath till cooled. Now you will have Perfect eggs to dye this Easter!

For a Natural Egg Dye try this:
2 Tablespoons Vinegar and a quart of Water:
Orange- 4 to 5 Tablespoons of Paprika
Blue-Red Cabbage -4 cups shredded
Red- Pomegranate Juice in place of water or 4 cups red onion skins
Pink- cranberry Juice in place of water- or 4 cups shredded beats
Green- Spinach Fresh or frozen
Ocher (what ever that is???)- Onion skins- Dry outer skins
Mocha- 1 quart strongly brewed coffee in place of water
Mix ingredients for the color you want in a pot with vinegar and water if
needed and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Strain and cool. After color is cooled,
Dye eggs. Some colors may take 5 minutes and some may take up to and hour.
That will depend on how dark you want your color to be. Remember to turn
your egg for even coloring. This also makes a great Science project!

Pampered Chef Kitchen Tools to help Make a Great Easter:
Egg Separator- use to Dye your Eggs, easy for children to handle!
Mini Muffin Pan- use to hold your eggs so they can dry!
Professional Casserole with lid-To boil those perfect Eggs!
Rectangular Baker and Lid-To Cook that Perfect Ham!
Easy Accent Decorator- To make beautiful Deviled Eggs!
Chillzanne Rectangle Server - to display those beautiful Deviled Eggs!
Small Oval Baker- Freeze in freezer and use to serve your cranberry relish
(or other type of relish that is served cold) The Stoneware will stay cold
much longer then a plate or Bowl!

soonerchef said:
I used the prep bowls last Easter and they are awesome for dying eggs! Speaking which I better get to boiling the eggs. Also, my director sent me this on cooking the perfect hard boiled egg...

Here are the Directions on how to Boil that Perfect Egg
so you won't have Green eggs or No eggs!

To prevent your eggs from sticking to the shells when you peel them, use
eggs that are a week to 10 days old! Older eggs have a different pH then
newer eggs! Cool eggs immediately after cooking in an Ice-Bath! This will
make them easier to Peel! Green centers-Green is made from the Iron in the egg yoke combining with the sulfur in the egg whites! Heat will cause a chemical reaction and make the center of your eggs Green!
The longer you cook your eggs the more green the center will be!
An ice-bath with also help this.

But the best way to cook your eggs so they will be easy to peel and
have pure yellow centers is to:
Place eggs in a pot of COLD water, add 1 teaspoon of salt (this will help
keep your eggs from cracking). Bring to a boil and COVER with a lid and
REMOVE from heat! Let sit COVERED for 13 minutes, Drain eggs and immediately place in ice-bath till cooled. Now you will have Perfect eggs to dye this Easter!

For a Natural Egg Dye try this:
2 Tablespoons Vinegar and a quart of Water:
Orange- 4 to 5 Tablespoons of Paprika
Blue-Red Cabbage -4 cups shredded
Red- Pomegranate Juice in place of water or 4 cups red onion skins
Pink- cranberry Juice in place of water- or 4 cups shredded beats
Green- Spinach Fresh or frozen
Ocher (what ever that is???)- Onion skins- Dry outer skins
Mocha- 1 quart strongly brewed coffee in place of water
Mix ingredients for the color you want in a pot with vinegar and water if
needed and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Strain and cool. After color is cooled,
Dye eggs. Some colors may take 5 minutes and some may take up to and hour.
That will depend on how dark you want your color to be. Remember to turn
your egg for even coloring. This also makes a great Science project!

Pampered Chef Kitchen Tools to help Make a Great Easter:
Egg Separator- use to Dye your Eggs, easy for children to handle!
Mini Muffin Pan- use to hold your eggs so they can dry!
Professional Casserole with lid-To boil those perfect Eggs!
Rectangular Baker and Lid-To Cook that Perfect Ham!
Easy Accent Decorator- To make beautiful Deviled Eggs!
Chillzanne Rectangle Server - to display those beautiful Deviled Eggs!
Small Oval Baker- Freeze in freezer and use to serve your cranberry relish
(or other type of relish that is served cold) The Stoneware will stay cold
much longer then a plate or Bowl!

Staying with this theme, don't forget to cut your boiled eggs in half with the Crinkle Cutter for cute decoration!

WOW!! KEWL!! Thanks for all the tips. 1 question...does the stoneware sweat as its being left out on the table? :)

;)Thanks for those great tips!!!! Too bad I dont have a show tomorrow to use them!! But I'll do my darndest to remember these.

Ginger428 said:
WOW!! KEWL!! Thanks for all the tips. 1 question...does the stoneware sweat as its being left out on the table? :)

I have no idea if the stoneware sweats or not...I would like to think that it wouldn't as all of our products are perfect, right?

You are soooooooooooooooooooooo right....DUH!!! What was i thinkin!!

Here's a stupid question but how much liquid did you put in the prep bowl so it doesn't overfill when the egg is in it?

heres a stupid answer:rolleyes: put plain water in 1 & put an egg in it;)

I used the prep bowls last year and put the recommended 1/2 cup water in each. Well, when I put the egg in, the top of the egg didn't get covered. I used regular coffe mugs this year. :rolleyes:

I did use the egg seperator both years and LOVE it! It's much easier to handle for my little ones instead of the "usual" egg dipper.

:)

Have a Happy Easter!!!:D :D :D

reesefamily5 said:
Here's a stupid question but how much liquid did you put in the prep bowl so it doesn't overfill when the egg is in it?

I just used what the directions said, 1/2 cup. One small part of the egg stuck out, but we just turned it, and it worked great I thought:D

lacychef said:
I just used what the directions said, 1/2 cup. One small part of the egg stuck out, but we just turned it, and it worked great I thought:D

That is true! My children are 5,3 and 21 months and they are too impatient to wait to do a flip! Maybe when they get older I will be able to use the prep bowls again but for now I will have to use the Coffee and More Cups!:)

Well, we just got done coloring eggs. I had bought a coloring kit a few weeks ago, and somehow in the shuffle, it had gone MIA.. so I used the food coloring and vinager with our prep bowl set. I added a little bit more water than the 1/2 cup. (that recipe was on the back of the food coloring box, there were lots of color combinations) Have to say that it was pretty easy, and my daughter had a blast using them, and counting all the drops. Anyway.. here I was stressing cause I couldn't find those little tablets... and who cares... she enjoyed this more,, also, used the crayons to draw on the eggs before we colored them.. She thought it was so cool... Kinda nice to see life through our childrens eyes.. so simple and innocent.:) Hope everyone has a wonderful and meaningful Easter!!!!

1. How can I use prep bowls for organizing my spices?

Prep bowls are perfect for storing and organizing spices in your kitchen. You can use them to hold small amounts of spices and keep them within easy reach while cooking. They are also stackable, so you can save space in your pantry or spice cabinet.

2. Can I use prep bowls for meal prep?

Absolutely! Prep bowls are great for portioning out ingredients for meal prep. You can use them to hold chopped vegetables, marinades, or even pre-measured ingredients for a recipe. They are also microwave and dishwasher safe, making it easy to heat and clean up afterwards.

3. What are some creative uses for prep bowls?

Aside from organizing and meal prep, prep bowls have many other uses in the kitchen. You can use them to serve condiments, hold small snacks like trail mix or nuts, or even as a dipping bowl for sauces. They are also great for holding ingredients while you cook or bake, making it easier to add them to your dish.

4. Can I use prep bowls for baking?

Yes, prep bowls are versatile and can be used for baking as well. You can use them to hold pre-measured ingredients or as a mixing bowl for small batches of dough or batter. They are also oven safe, so you can use them to bake individual servings of casseroles or desserts.

5. How do I clean and store my prep bowls?

Prep bowls are easy to clean and store. They are dishwasher safe, but can also be hand washed with warm soapy water. To store them, you can stack them inside each other or use a designated storage container to keep them organized. Just make sure they are completely dry before stacking to prevent any moisture from getting trapped.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • ksmedic