• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Other Ds Was Able to Get Parties Booked

In summary, the Tupperware Consultant had a few little prizes for everyone who came. She had a "necklace" to put on the host with 3 keychains with prizes in each one. Anyone who booked a party got the keychain plus a prize in the key chain and then the host received another prize for all 3 being picked off the necklace. She then did a drawing with everyone's filled in drawing slips. (a gift worth $20) AND 6 sealed envelopes and every time the host met a "milestone" an envelope was opened. Option 1: Do a "mystery gift" envelope game. Option 2: Do a "Stealing Hearts" bags for a free cooking show!
naekelsey
Gold Member
I have a hostB who I have become friends with, (her party was booked off of a friend I went to school with) So when they both wanted me to come to a Tupperware party that hostB was having, I went. (I needed the midgets)

The Tupperware Consultant had a few little prizes for everyone who came.

She had a "necklace" to put on the host with 3 keychains with prizes in each one. Anyone who booked a party got the keychain plus a prize in the key chain and then the host received another prize for all 3 being picked off the necklace.

She then did a drawing with everyones filled in drawing slips. (a gift worth $20)

AND 6 sealed envelopes and every time the host met a "milestone" an envelope was opened. Like Free Shipping for the host, Free taxes for the host and etc. (The host was able to open all 6 envelopes plus needed a few more)

I am exhausted from all the FREE things the Consultant gave away!!

She gave away at least $60 in Free things plus got 3 bookings, (that are actually being held)

In my opinion, this is a lot to give away!! Yet, she was able to get 3 bookings and I wasn't able to get one with this crowd.

Can anyone suggest how to get bookings Without giving away all of your profits???

I think the fact that she had to give away things we already give our hosts is something you should remember! With that, perhaps you should re-evaluate how and how much you talk about our booking benefits.

One thing I have heard done that seemed pretty cool is to actually give a visual...Before you do your demo (while your products are still clean!), pick someone from the crowd that seems either quite into the party or someone who seems quiet and distant. Then go through the booking slide but act it out.

You get FREE products...Suzy, when YOU have YOUR show, you could get what my last host got...(then pile on products in her lap worth roughly the amount your last host got-make it a host that had a Good Show!). Then remind her, "you could get all these FREE!"

But it doesn't stop there!....Suzy, when YOU have YOUR show, you'll also be able to get xxxx (pile on products)....for HALF price!

Etc. Etc. keep piling on products as you go through the booking slide. When you get to the booking benefit, then pile on the current host! Let them know visually how she's going to benefit when they book from her.

Option 2: Do a "mystery gift" envelope game. Hand everyone an envelope that has a picture of a product they will get FREE, in addition to all the host benefits, from you at their show IF THEY BOOK TONIGHT! They can't open the envelope until they have their show ON YOUR CALENDAR! It creates incredible curiousity and some people book just to find out what's on the card! I've done this quite successfully and I let them know they are "host favorites' and "my favorites", ranging in value from $10-$25.

Option 3: Do a similar thing that the tupperware gal did and have the host wear 3 lei's. Have her ask her friends when they arrive if they'd like to "get lei'd". Getting Lei'd means they will book a party and if the host can get you all 3 bookings, you'll give her an extra free product.

Option 4: Include a coupon in the "Stealing Hearts" bags for a free cooking show!

Yes, sometimes we do have to spend money to make money/get bookings. But with PC it's NEVER the $60 your tupperware gal had to spend!

It's probably in all the excitement that the consultant built. Giving away Free Shipping and free taxes are 2 things at least that seem like a stretch to me to use as if it was an extra gift. Hosts don't already get free shipping? Paying the tax wouldn't be too much, either.There have been other threads with games and other ideas on how to generate excitement and get bookings. I haven't personally tried these ideas because I'm afraid of being to "gimmicky" or doing things that are too generous and hard to continue doing w/o giving away a lot of my commission. But sometimes I really think that if I want to step up my business, I need to change something about my show to make it more fun and get those bookings.

I was at a premier party Wednesday and the consultant brought two guests up and said both of them have $50 to spend.. But Danielle decided to host a show and will get all this for $50 (she stacked jewelry boxes in her hands)... And Sad Sally didnt host and she will get this for $50 (and she had one necklace). It was a great visual and really raised some eyebrows.

You know you can do EXACTLY THE SAME GIVE AWAYS! Without spending the money. We already give free shipping to our hosts. Write it down and put it in an something to put on that necklace. Go to the dollar store and get something to use as a necklace, and 4 somethings to attach to it. We already give away FREE products - write down a range from say $50 to $120 and put it on the necklace. We already discount products after that. Put down 15% to 30% and put that on the necklace. And then we give a product or product selection at 60% off. Write it down and put that on the necklace. Then write out the same things but using the host benefits table, write down different amounts of discounts, free products earned and free shipping and give those to the current host as she reaches those milestones! You have to put the amounts on the outside of the envelope so you know which envelope to hand him/her but there you have it. See, you just did it the Tupperware way without the expense. Now, I just have to do that myself!!! AND THAT WAS 4 little baubles on a necklace for each person that wants to host! And a selection of envelopes for the current host. That to me is priceless! AND MORE IMPORTANTLY - ALMOST COSTLESS!

Last edited:
My girlfriend sells tupperware. She has CASES of product that they are always giving her for free for just this purpose. I had a tupperware party for her and she easily gave $100 in freebies and not a penny came out of her profit. And that was in addition to all the host benefits.

Kristin, didn't she have to pay for the stuff she gave away to begin with? The reason I ask is because I too had a Tupperware friend/consultant, in fact she did both PC and TW, who gave away little things but she had to go to the meeting place and purchase all these little things. Yes she got a discount, but she did have to pay for them. It was the same with any extras she gave out to the hosts. I also did a party with a different TW consultant who tried to recruit me. I went to the monthly "Jamboree" and there were bins of stuff that the consultants were picking things out of. They then took them to the person running the show and paid them for the items they choose. This consultant bought about 50 items and paid over $200 for them OUT OF POCKET. So... Maybe they do earn stuff but this consultant had to pay for the goodies she gave away at parties.

I think that it is important to really let people know that they pay NO shipping as host and only tax on what they pay for. That is NOT true for many ds companies. You pay tax on the whole order, including the free stuff, which is a little frustrating, plus shipping, which is a % for a lot of companies so also...not so good.It's shocking to me how many of my hosts do not hear that piece of information. I've told them a few times, plus it's stated in a few places. But it's not typical (I don't think).I'm all for generating excitement, but I don't want to spend a ton either. It sets up an expectation for future shows too. I do spend time getting the host excited about the upcoming host specials and some end up asking directly...who's having a show in ____ b/c I really want that ____ . THAT works great and people want to be THAT person that helps her get it :). It's really great when they want 3-4 specials!

I use to sell TW and I had to pay for everything, especially all the little things, like straws, key chains and etc.I do try to point out that we do Free Shipping and all the other extras we do.. I had just never seen that much excitement and it all seemed to be because of all the FREE things the host and everyone else was getting...

Everyone here is right. We have a great host program but maybe talking about it is just not enough. The booking slide is a great tool but needs to be in sight of all guests all the time and referred to often during your parties. OR that is why I suggested the "props". The little $1 store baubles and the necklace thing is not just a TW thing. I have been to PartyLite, Tastefully Simple, and TW parties where this "illustrated" form of advertising the host benefits was used. We just do not have to take all of them out of pocket!
Major benefits:
1) FREE STUFF WITHOUT TAX!!! THIS IS NOT ON THE BOOKING SLIDE!
2) FREE SHIPPING!!!
3) $150 MINIMUM SHOW TOTAL TO GET BENEFITS! I have not been to another DS party where the show became a show before $250 in sales! This also is not on the slide.
4) 10% OFF ALL ORDERS FOR A YEAR
Plus the rest of the Booking Slide benefits. REMEMBER TO ADD THE ONE ABOUT FREE MEANS FREE - NO TAX ON THE FREE STUFF! NO S&H EVER ON THEIR PERSONAL ORDER!

We have that list right on the Booking Slide!
Here is what I am thinking. Introductions and thank you to the host at which time they get their necklace. Then have the host read the necklace AFTER you have shown everyone the booking slide then taped it to a wall or door or whatever so it is in plain sight. As the host reads the benefits she has at that point, point them out on the booking slide. This doubles the booking benefits talk. On the slide is the 60% host benefit. Make up cards with that on them. BUT DO NOT ADD THEM TO THE HOST'S NECKLACE. Hold them up and say to the guests, "These are very special cards. Each card has a bonus benefit for (Host Name). (Host Name) can get one for every one of you that books a party today! These are our extended 60% off product benefits. For up to 6 months from today, Our host, (Say their name), will get one of these every time one of you holds a show. This means they can earn, (count heads), # of EXTRA DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS! So how many of you want one of these necklaces?" Hand them out then give the host the EXTRAS cards for each person who takes on a booking. Then if you want to enhance it one more time, have one of the booking guests read the cards they have and then say something like, "And if you are interested in doing what I do, keep in mind, UNLIKE ANY OTHER DIRECT SALES COMPANY, WE, AS CONSULTANTS WITH THE PAMPERED CHEF, PAY FOR NOTHING ON THIS LIST! IT IS ALL PROVIDED TO US FREE!" There is your recruiting introduction.

1. How can I get more parties booked for my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways to increase your party bookings. First, make sure you are utilizing your warm market and reaching out to friends, family, and acquaintances to host parties. Additionally, consider joining local networking groups or attending events to meet potential hosts. Utilize social media to promote your business and reach a larger audience. Finally, offer incentives or rewards for hosts who book parties with you.

2. What are some effective ways to approach potential hosts for parties?

When approaching potential hosts, it's important to keep the conversation casual and genuine. Start by sharing your love for Pampered Chef and how hosting a party can benefit them. Offer to do a cooking demonstration or provide information about the products they can earn for free. Be sure to follow up and personalize your approach to each individual host.

3. How can I encourage guests to book parties at my current parties?

During your party, make sure to mention the benefits of hosting and highlight any current promotions or incentives. Share your personal experience as a Pampered Chef consultant and how hosting a party has been beneficial for you. Offer a booking incentive or special offer for those who book a party at the event. Make sure to follow up with interested guests after the party.

4. What should I do if my host cancels their party?

If your host cancels their party, try to reschedule for a different date or offer them the opportunity to do a virtual party. If they are unable to book another party, ask if they would be willing to refer you to a friend or family member who may be interested in hosting. Don't be afraid to reach out to your warm market for potential hosts as well.

5. How can I improve my party booking success rate?

To improve your party booking success rate, make sure to follow up with potential hosts in a timely manner. Offer personalized and genuine communication and incentives for those who book parties. Utilize social media and networking to reach a larger audience. Lastly, make sure to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience at your parties to encourage guests to book their own parties with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
K.Shaffer