• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This New Business Opportunity a Pyramid Scheme?

In summary, the Facebook friend approached the expert with a business opportunity that reeked of a pyramid scheme. The expert found the website and email address fishy and did not have any interest in the product or the business.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I have been approached by other DS consultants to sign with that company and I have a hard time explaining why I can't - um, "I signed a contract saying I wouldn't" doesn't seem to get through to them. So, what do you say?

Another issue came up this morning. A facebook friend asked me to check out a new biz opportunity (fashion flip-flops) and tell me what I thought. The website is www.BizOpp123.com (seems a bit fishy to me just by the URL), but I did look and told him what I thought. This is what I emailed back to him "First off, I don't do flip-flops since my ankles roll too easily, so that part isn't interesting to me.

Secondly, it seems a bit sleazy. All you have to do is get people to sign up? No selling of the flip-flops or anything like that? Where does the money come from? Where does your $20 go - your upline? Do you get samples to show people? It reeks of Amway to me."

He responded with "Whoa! Ouch wasn't quite expecting the term sleazy thanks for that one.......um no not really...do me a favor and just call me so I don't have to type all of this k?"

So, I have a pretty good feeling he will ask me to start a new biz with him. That is why I started the thread in the first place, but now I want your take on the site and business.

Oh, and the reason I mentioned Amway is that company tends to be (in my mind) the quintessential illegal/almost-illegal pyramid scheme. "Don't worry about the products, just get your friends to sign up under you" type of stuff.

No way! It looks completely fake and sounds illegal. Notice there is NO contact info or About Us or anything? And who the heck is Imminent Success? That's who the testimonials reference but I saw no other mention of that company anywhere on the website. It does indeed look sleazy to me!

It reeks of pyramid to me!My b-i-l invested a few years ago in a company and the woman decided to make it a DS company. He keeps asking me to refer MY consultants to her biz so they can "do both". Obviously I haven't done that. When he asked me to join her company, which I have no interest in selling plus-size kid's clothing, I told him that part of my management agreement with PC is that I won't represent another DS company. He's a lawyer and didn't like that PC put that on us. I told him that I'm basically too busy with PC to focus my energies elsewhere and it wouldn't be fair to the other company since my passion is PC.That flip-flop thing looks really fishy to me...

Yep...looks like a pyramid to me.

1. What types of business opportunities does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of business opportunities, including becoming a consultant, hosting a virtual party, and joining the Pampered Chef Fundraiser program.

2. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The initial cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant is $109, which includes a starter kit with all the necessary tools to begin your business. There are also optional add-ons available at an additional cost.

3. Can I still work full-time while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can work full-time while also being a Pampered Chef consultant. The beauty of this business opportunity is its flexibility, allowing you to work at your own pace and schedule.

4. Do I need to have prior sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, prior sales experience is not required to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide training and resources to help you succeed in your business, regardless of your previous experience.

5. Are there any incentives or rewards for being a successful Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a successful Pampered Chef consultant, you can earn a variety of incentives and rewards, including free products, trips, and bonuses. Additionally, you have the opportunity to advance in ranks and earn higher commissions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • ChefLisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • heat123