1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: OT - Why do people have to steal?

1. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

We found a new person for our main stores office & we just found out she is stealing cash from our deposits. Why???? We seem to get more people that either steal cash or products...it blows my mind!

Jun 17, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I ask myself that every time I watch the news and see someone who stole identity or something stupid and just ruined someone else's life.

Jun 17, 2009
  3. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

For this reason, (learned the hard way) I sewed a zipper into one of my apron pockets. (I use a lap-apron) That's where I put all the money from the orders once I have them logged. It's perfect- the money stays on my person, while not looking like I am untrusting while I am occupied. (packing up, talking to someone, etc...) I don't take it off until I'm in my car.

4. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

What's even more revealing is how surprised these morons are when they get arrested. They're amazed that they got caught, like they have no idea of paper trails, double entries and checks on cash.

A teenage cashier at a grocery store here was amazed when she was arrested for pilfering cash from her drawer. She had no concept that her petty cash was counted before she picked up her drawer and more amazed that the register actually keeps track of how much cash she put in the drawer during her shift.

How pathetic. How dumb.

5. My hubby is a police officer and tells me almost daily of how someone was stupid enough to think they could get away with stealing.

Recently, a local store was held up and the store clerk was held at gunpoint. The burglar fled into a neighborhood as the cops chased him. When he approached what he thought was some thick hanging brush he tried to run through it. What he didn't know was there was a wall behind the thick brush and he literally knocked himself out!

Jun 17, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

My parents recently were dealing with one of those "Darwin" criminals. He was going from house to house in a very rural area- either trying to break in if no one was home, or he was asking folks for money for one thing or another...My dad it was "use the phone" and then he walked out of the house with dad's wallet. He thought my dad wouldn't talk to the neighbors (or call the cops). He was wrong, and now, a few weeks later and several neighbor conversations- he's in jail. Uh. DUH!

Funny thing was- after he took my dad's wallet, he went out and got high. When the sheriff stopped at his place, the crook invited the guy in for pizza and TV!? We said he should hvae done it. he was invited in- and might have got some good info or evidence! :D

Jun 17, 2009
  7. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Kasey, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. It's not just a matter of how stupid the person is for stealing, but how violated you feel by someone you trusted.

Jun 17, 2009
Have something to add?