1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: OT: tacky?

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have some items around my house that I would like to get rid of. For some reason it popped into my mind this weekend to post a list on Facebook to see if anyone of my friends could use these items. I don't do garage sales (don't have enough for that) and some of these items probably wouldn't sell very well at a garage sale. I have things like jewelry, wedding thank you cards, movies, games, etc that I know could use a good home and I would love to have the money to put into our savings for our down payment. Would it be tacky if I listed a "garage sale" on my Facebook page? I figured it was worth a shot but thought I would ask what you guys thought.

May 18, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I don't see why not. Make a note with the list and the prices. Of course, check FB's terms to see if they allow such postings.

May 18, 2009
  3. Absolutely not tacky! I actually have a plan to do that myself when I get organized. My rationale is that I'd rather some of my friends have what I can't use right now than to offer it to random CL folks or go through the hassle of eBay

4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

yes, you could do that. You could also sell them on Craigslist.

May 18, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

That was my other thought. I was actually planning on making a photo album with pictures of all the stuff.

May 18, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

You could make it an event. Then you can post the photos in the event. You'll be able to control who sees it etc.

May 18, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It's not tacky at all. It's a good avenue for a non-garage, non-rummage, virtual tag sale. LOL!

May 18, 2009
Have something to add?