• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why isn't my car's remote start working?

In summary, the conversation discusses troubleshooting for a remote start that is not working properly. Possible reasons for the issue include improper programming, low battery, extreme weather conditions, and error codes or warning lights on the vehicle's dashboard. It is recommended to address any warning lights before using the remote start, and if reprogramming is needed, refer to the instruction manual or contact customer service for assistance. Other factors that can affect the range of the remote start include low battery, weather conditions, obstructions, and interference from other electronic devices.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
We got our car summer 09 and last year the remote start worked on it great (factory installed). This year DH tried to do it twice and both times it doesn't start and actually turns on the security honking!! Not a good thing for your neighbors when you leave at 5 a.m.! Due to my limited searching abilities at work I thought I would see if anyone else has dealt with this before. My only thought was we had problems with our "clicker" this summer where I had to install a new battery. I'm thinking that possibly it needs to be reprogrammed although all the other buttons on it work fine.

It is possible that the remote start is not programmed correctly, or that it has become unpaired from the car. You can try reprogramming the remote start by following the instructions in the user manual and see if that fixes the issue. If that doesn't work, you may need to have a professional look at it to see if there is an issue with the wiring or if something else needs to be done.

1. Why won't my remote start work when I press the button?

There could be several reasons for this issue. First, check to make sure your remote start is properly programmed and synced with your vehicle. If it is, then check the battery in your remote start remote. If the battery is low or dead, it may not work properly. Additionally, extreme weather conditions can affect the range and functionality of your remote start.

2. How do I troubleshoot my remote start if it's not working?

If your remote start is not working, try these steps to troubleshoot the issue: 1) Ensure the remote is properly programmed and synced with your vehicle, 2) Check the battery level in your remote start remote, 3) Check the battery level in your vehicle, 4) Verify that the hood and all doors are securely closed, 5) Check for any error codes or warning lights on your vehicle's dashboard.

3. Can I still use my remote start if my check engine light is on?

In most cases, yes. However, if your check engine light is flashing, it is not recommended to use the remote start as it could cause further damage to your vehicle. It is always best to address any warning lights or error codes before using the remote start.

4. How do I reprogram my remote start?

To reprogram your remote start, refer to the instruction manual provided with your specific model. In general, the process involves turning your vehicle on and off a certain number of times, pressing specific buttons on the remote start remote, and following a series of steps. If you are unsure or have difficulty, contact our customer service for assistance.

5. Why is my remote start range so short?

There are a few factors that can affect the range of your remote start. First, check the battery level in your remote start remote. If it is low, it can affect the range. Additionally, extreme weather conditions, obstructions between your remote and vehicle, and interference from other electronic devices can also impact the range of your remote start.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies