• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Work Rant: Frustrating Co-worker and Time-Wasting Projects

In summary, the speaker is frustrated with their co-worker who consistently causes delays and mistakes in a monthly project that should only take 10-15 minutes. They also have to deal with extra work from the Hong Kong office and feel like they are not being productive. They express gratitude for being able to vent on a platform like this.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Argghhh!! I just need to get this off my chest, and can't post on FB, because I have some co-workers as 'friends.'

There is a monthly project which should only take 10 - 15 minutes and which can be done by either myself (accounts receivable) or the Accounts Payable Manager. Somehow, it ALWAYS falls on me, but no big deal, since it's easy. Well, it's easy as long as we both provide the necessary information, and double check our work. This morning I spent at least 1/2 an hour on it, because she DIDN'T double check her work, and then I ended up having to send it to her to complete because the system wouldn't take some of her information. This doesn't even take into account the fact we had to split the project into at least 3 parts, because she doesn't have approval on all the invoices. So, instead of one project taking 10 - 15 minutes, it's now 3 projects taking about an hour (this does not take into account the time it takes to gather the information, but somehow that takes me only a few minutes, and takes her days).

Then, I receive an e-mail from our Hong Kong office asking me to go through a list of over 500 customers and mark those which should be accounted as bad debts. Not a problem, except I've done this at least 3 times in the past month for others in the finance group!! AND, some of these were noted as bad debts years ago, so shouldn't even be on the books anymore. Hmm, maybe I should make notes of all this, and when it comes time for my review, if my boss complains I don't make good use of my time (he won't, I've been very good lately at getting things done right away or within a given deadline), I can show him how much other people are wasting my time.

Or, maybe, now that I've ranted, I can bless and release, and get back to work. On a project which, to me, is not really necessary, and seems more like busy work, but which the division president wants done now, so it must be important. Bless and release. Bless and release.

Ok, if you've even bothered to read this, I thank you. :love: Like I said, I just needed to get it out, without worrying about anyone gossiping. I'm not perfect, I know, and there are those who can probably find things about me worthy of complaint, too (at work, I mean - I know at home there'd be a loooonnngggg list of complaints, haha).

(((((hugs)))))

:D

I read it... bless it and release it.. :)

just remember when they give you lemons.. make a squeeze it and add some vodka.. :)

Oh that's the day in the life of Jami these days. Silly 10 minute projects that turn into working on it for days. Ugh I feel your pain sista!

I can understand your frustration. It sounds like you've got a good attitude, though. Isn't it great to have a wonderful place like this to vent those kinds of things?

I am grateful for being able to come here and vent, and have people who actually listen (or, at least read). Thank you all. I should note, at least I went through this frustration from the comfort of my own home. I was supposed to be in the office, but didn't feel like enduring the 1.5 hour commute, and since my computer was here . . .

I did feel better after the ranting, too, and got quite a bit done.

1. How do I deal with a co-worker who constantly complains and causes distractions?

It can be frustrating to work with a co-worker who is always negative and wastes time. The best way to handle this situation is to try to talk to your co-worker calmly and express how their behavior affects productivity. If this does not work, then it may be necessary to involve a manager or HR representative to address the issue further.

2. What should I do if I am constantly being assigned time-wasting projects?

If you feel like you are being given tasks that are not valuable or relevant to your job, it is important to communicate this with your manager. Explain how these projects are taking away from your ability to complete important tasks and ask for clarification on the purpose of these assignments. This will help ensure that your time is being used effectively.

3. How can I stay focused and motivated when working with a difficult co-worker?

Working with a difficult co-worker can be draining and demotivating. One strategy is to try to minimize interactions with this person and focus on your own work. You can also try to find ways to positively redirect their behavior, such as giving them tasks to keep them busy or offering to help them with their workload. Lastly, try to maintain a positive attitude and remind yourself of the bigger picture and goals of your job.

4. What should I do if I am being blamed for a co-worker's mistakes?

If a co-worker is trying to shift the blame onto you for their mistakes, it is important to address this with your manager. Provide evidence and explanations of your own work and ask for support in resolving the issue. It may also be helpful to communicate with your co-worker and try to find a solution together.

5. How can I prevent co-workers from interrupting me constantly with non-work related conversations?

If you find yourself constantly being interrupted by co-workers for non-work related conversations, it is important to set boundaries and communicate your availability. Let your co-workers know when you are available for a quick chat and when you need to focus on work. You can also try to redirect the conversation back to work or politely excuse yourself if you need to get back to a task. If the interruptions continue, it may be necessary to speak with a manager about the issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChef_ang
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • katie0128