• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Nook Tablet Vs Kindle Fire

regular Kindle. I don't know much about the Nooks, but I know there are several ladies here that can give you an opinion.
Shawnna said:
So, I could purchase a book with my computer and it will sync to my Kindle?

You can purchase an e-book from any number of sites and get it onto your Kindle. I've done this with books from Smashwords (who has a bunch of freebies on their own), publisher's direct sites, etc. You need to purchase the ".mobi" type of file - that is what Kindle files are. Your kindle will also convert a PDF file into a readable format (as well as view the PDF as a traditional PDF, but I don't care to read it that way because you have to scroll and zoom, etc.)

To do this on your Kindle, you need to set up your Amazon account to accept Kindle emails. Go to this page - your Kindle document settings: https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/manage?ie=UTF8&ref_=ydi_k_myk&#pdocSettings

Under your "send-to-kindle email settings", you'll see the email address that you need to send files to. When you email a .mobi file attachment to this email address, the book will show up in your Kindle like any other book you buy directly from Amazon. IMPORTANT: to do this via wifi, make sure your email address says @free.kindle.com instead of the standard @kindle.com.

You also need to make sure you add your sending email address under the "Approved Personal Document E-mail List". That way, random people can't just email stuff to your Kindle.

If you have a PDF file, you do the same way except you put "convert" in the subject line of your email and it will convert to a traditional ebook format when it downloads. Sometimes, this gets weird with justification and formatting, be aware. I think .mobi is the best choice if you have one.

Finally, you can also just download to your computer and then connect your Kindle to your computer via USB cable, and then drag and drop just like your Kindle is an external hard drive.

Confused? Please feel free to ask for help!

Don't ignore your local library. They have books that can be read on these devices too.

Well, as long as you bumped this ancient thread, I'll add my 2¢ worth now, too. :)I have a Kindle that I won in a contest, otherwise, I never would have thought seriously about yet another piece of technology to charge and maintain. I'm glad to have it, though, and I've gotten a lot of use out of it in the short time I've had it. I've made a couple of purchases from Amazon but I mostly check out e-books from my local library. They actually come from Amazon, which is really confusing at first, but that's how the licenses are maintained.Now I kinda wish I had a Kindle Fire instead of the Kindle, but I think I'd be more likely to buy a tablet than another dedicated reader.

<h2>1. Which one is better, the Nook Tablet or the Kindle Fire?</h2><p>This is a highly debated topic and ultimately comes down to personal preference. Both the Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire have their own unique features and it ultimately depends on what you are looking for in a tablet.</p><h2>2. What are the main differences between the Nook Tablet and the Kindle Fire?</h2><p>The Nook Tablet has a slightly larger screen size at 7 inches compared to the Kindle Fire's 6 inches. The Nook Tablet also has expandable storage with a microSD card slot, while the Kindle Fire does not. Additionally, the Nook Tablet has a longer battery life and a dedicated physical home button.</p><h2>3. Can I access the same apps and content on both the Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire?</h2><p>Yes, both tablets have access to popular apps and content through their respective app stores. However, the Nook Tablet has the advantage of also being able to access the Google Play Store for a wider selection of apps.</p><h2>4. Is the Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire better for reading eBooks?</h2><p>Both tablets are great for reading eBooks, but the Nook Tablet has the advantage of being specifically designed for reading. It has a built-in anti-glare screen and a feature called "LendMe" which allows users to lend and borrow eBooks with other Nook users.</p><h2>5. Can I use the Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire for more than just reading?</h2><p>Yes, both tablets have a variety of features and functions beyond just reading eBooks. They can both be used for web browsing, streaming media, playing games, and more. However, the Nook Tablet may be better for those who primarily want to use their tablet for reading, while the Kindle Fire may be better for those who want a more versatile device.</p>

1. Which one is better, the Nook Tablet or the Kindle Fire?

This is a highly debated topic and ultimately comes down to personal preference. Both the Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire have their own unique features and it ultimately depends on what you are looking for in a tablet.

2. What are the main differences between the Nook Tablet and the Kindle Fire?

The Nook Tablet has a slightly larger screen size at 7 inches compared to the Kindle Fire's 6 inches. The Nook Tablet also has expandable storage with a microSD card slot, while the Kindle Fire does not. Additionally, the Nook Tablet has a longer battery life and a dedicated physical home button.

3. Can I access the same apps and content on both the Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire?

Yes, both tablets have access to popular apps and content through their respective app stores. However, the Nook Tablet has the advantage of also being able to access the Google Play Store for a wider selection of apps.

4. Is the Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire better for reading eBooks?

Both tablets are great for reading eBooks, but the Nook Tablet has the advantage of being specifically designed for reading. It has a built-in anti-glare screen and a feature called "LendMe" which allows users to lend and borrow eBooks with other Nook users.

5. Can I use the Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire for more than just reading?

Yes, both tablets have a variety of features and functions beyond just reading eBooks. They can both be used for web browsing, streaming media, playing games, and more. However, the Nook Tablet may be better for those who primarily want to use their tablet for reading, while the Kindle Fire may be better for those who want a more versatile device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • esavvymom