• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the weight of sugar in grams?

In summary, the weight of sugar used in Pampered Chef recipes varies depending on the type of sugar being used. Both white and brown sugar can be used in recipes, with brown sugar adding a richer flavor and moisture to baked goods. Honey and maple syrup can also be used as substitutes for sugar, but it is important to consider their different properties and experiment with small amounts before making a full substitution. The most accurate way to measure sugar for Pampered Chef recipes is by using a kitchen scale, but if you do not have one, spooning the sugar into measuring cups and leveling it off with a knife can also work. To store sugar for Pampered Chef recipes, it is best to use air-tight containers in a cool, dry place
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Totally weird request! I sold my PC scale because I never used it and now I need to know how much sugar weighs in grams :) Googling it gives me everywhere from 190 to 240 grams per cup. Wondering if someone who has a scale at home could measure for me. I'm doing a project for my sister for a nutrition class on Saturday about the amount of sugar in some of the drinks we drink daily. Thanks!!

i got....212 grams per cup of granulated sugar :)
hope that helps....

Thanks a lot!

The reason there is a vast difference is because like flour, sugar absorbs or gives off moisture. So on dry days it will less than if it is damp.

very true john....i forgot to mention that to her :)
i used to own a bakery and even tho you follow your recipes...you always have to allow for humidity or lack there of....lol

What is the weight of sugar used in Pampered Chef recipes?

The weight of sugar used in Pampered Chef recipes varies depending on the type of sugar being used. Granulated white sugar typically weighs 7 ounces per cup, while brown sugar weighs about 7.5 ounces per cup. Powdered sugar weighs about 4 ounces per cup, and superfine sugar weighs about 6.5 ounces per cup. It is important to measure your sugar accurately for best results in your recipes.

Does Pampered Chef recommend using white or brown sugar in recipes?

Pampered Chef does not have a specific recommendation for using white or brown sugar in recipes. Both types of sugar can be used in various recipes, and it ultimately depends on personal preference and the desired outcome of the recipe. Brown sugar tends to have a richer flavor and can add moisture to baked goods, while white sugar provides a cleaner, more neutral taste.

Can I substitute honey or maple syrup for sugar in Pampered Chef recipes?

Honey and maple syrup can be used as substitutes for sugar in Pampered Chef recipes, but it is important to note that they have different properties and may affect the texture and flavor of the final product. Honey is sweeter than sugar, so you will need to use less of it in your recipes. Maple syrup has a distinct flavor that may not work well in all recipes. It is best to consult the recipe and experiment with small amounts before making a full substitution.

How do I accurately measure sugar for Pampered Chef recipes?

The most accurate way to measure sugar for Pampered Chef recipes is by using a kitchen scale. This will ensure that you are using the correct weight of sugar as specified in the recipe. If you do not have a scale, you can use measuring cups, but it is important to spoon the sugar into the cup and level it off with a knife for the most accurate measurement.

Are there any tips for storing sugar for Pampered Chef recipes?

Air-tight containers are the best way to store sugar for Pampered Chef recipes. This will help prevent clumping and keep the sugar fresh. It is also important to keep sugar in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. If your sugar has hardened or become clumpy, you can place it in a food processor or blender to break it up before using it in your recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
1upland