1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: OT: Kindle owners

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I was just admiring a co-workers new Kindle2. Anyone have one of these? Is it worth it? I'm a avid reader but also very thrifty. The thought of paying almost $400 for a contraption to read books on... Plus the books are around $10 new to download from what I can see. I usually buy my books at Half Priced Books for around $4-8 a piece. My biggest problem is storage since I seem to have picked up reading a lot in the alst year. But yet I like the convenience and the portability of the Kindle.

Mar 10, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

My sister has one that she got last year (Kindle 1, not the new model). It's pretty cool. Personally, I like the tactile aspect of reading a book, and some books I would still need on paper, because I collect a couple of series. But it's great for traveling, because you don't need to carry a large stack of books, and can have hundreds of them with you. It also has basic web browsing capability, so you can use it to access the internet if you need to.

Sis loves the bookmarking features and that she can have tons of books without taking up space in the house (they're in a very small house). She also uses hers for new releases, rather than things she can get at used bookstores or can check out from the library.

Mar 10, 2009
  3. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

I've heard the best things are storage! no more books to find places for if you want to keep them again. I've also heard that you don't have to keep it on the kindle, they save it as bought on the server.

Mar 10, 2009
Have something to add?