• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Job Application: How Do I Explain My Employment Gap?

In summary, Trish left her job to become a stay-at-home mom to take care of a sick relative. She is applying for a new job, but is not sure how to word something on the application. She thinks the reason she left her last job is not good enough, and wants to list something else to make her stand out. The ladies recommend that she list her reasons for leaving, and share that leaving a paid position to become a homemaker & caretaker is admirable. If they ask for more details, she should share them.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
I am applying for a job but I am not sure how to word something on the application. I though you guys might be able to help.

I left one job and became a homemaker, due to the fact that I had to care for a sick relative. I'm afraid that reason doesn't sound good enough. What else could I say? "Needed a change of pace"; "Took on new position"... Erg! This is hard but I need this job!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Trish in Texas said:
I am applying for a job but I am not sure how to word something on the application. I though you guys might be able to help.

I left one job and became a homemaker, due to the fact that I had to care for a sick relative. I'm afraid that reason doesn't sound good enough. What else could I say? "Needed a change of pace"; "Took on new position"... Erg! This is hard but I need this job!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

i think that sounds like a good reason. to me it sounds better than needing a change of pace. it should show them you are committed in my opinion. maybe u could go into more detailed about why you had to take care of the relative and list some things that you did.

I agree with Jennifer. Leaving a paid position to become a homemaker & caretaker is an admirable, unselfish thing. It wold certainly impress me much more than "needed a chage of pace." The change of pace bit would make me wonder if someone was flighty / lacking a sense of commitment / etc.Go with the truth -- left to care for sick relative. If they ask for details, share them.

peichef said:
I agree with Jennifer. Leaving a paid position to become a homemaker & caretaker is an admirable, unselfish thing. It wold certainly impress me much more than "needed a chage of pace." The change of pace bit would make me wonder if someone was flighty / lacking a sense of commitment / etc.

Go with the truth -- left to care for sick relative. If they ask for details, share them.

Very good! I agree!

Thanks, guys! Pray I get this one, which uses all the great skills I have!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Keep us posted! If it is meant to be...God will open those doors for you!

Yes, these ladies are right. Just say in your cover letter what the gap in time is about. There's nothing wrong with that. Life happens!! I have reviewed apps before and this has come up, and it's absolutely no big deal. It shows that you are a compassionate and caring person. Good luck with everything. If it is meant to be it will happen!!

Q: Is there a specific format or template I need to use for the job application?

No, there is no specific format or template required for the job application. You can use your own preferred format as long as all the required information is included.

Q: Can I apply for multiple positions at once?

Yes, you can apply for multiple positions at once by indicating your interest in multiple roles on the application. However, we recommend applying for positions that align with your skills and interests to increase your chances of being selected.

Q: Are there any specific qualifications or experience required for the job?

The qualifications and experience required for each job may vary depending on the specific role. However, we generally look for individuals with relevant education, experience, and skills for the job. The job description will provide more details on the specific requirements.

Q: Can I update my application after submitting it?

Yes, you can update your application after submitting it by logging into your account and editing your application. However, make sure to submit any updates before the application deadline.

Q: How long does the hiring process typically take?

The hiring process length can vary depending on the number of applicants and the specific position. However, we strive to review applications and conduct interviews in a timely manner and will inform you of your application status as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • janetupnorth