• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could Your Breaker Box Be a Hidden Fire Hazard?

In summary, the speaker was lucky to have caught a potential house fire caused by an electrical issue in time. They had been out of town and upon returning, found the house to be very hot due to a burnt fuse and melted wires. Fortunately, their dad, an electrician, was able to assess the situation and fix it before any major damage occurred. The speaker is now cautious and constantly checking on their breakers and compressor.
cwinter474
Gold Member
Today I feel VERY lucky.

We've been out of town taking care of my mother-n-law. I came home to check on the house and our cats. Well, when I got inside it was HOT, we had the thermostat set at 79 and it was 87 inside, so I thought great the compressors froze up again, as it has in the past. SO I turned the unit off and called hubby, and he came down to help me clean out the outside unit and get it going again.

When he got here and pulled the fuse off the wall outside, one of the fuses was pitch black and the other just crumbled into ash! There was a hole burnt into the metal fuse box about the size of a 50cent piece and a bunch of the wires were burnt and melted. Called my dad, a electrican, he came over, traced the wires back to the braker box. The braker had started to melt! The braker NEVER tripped.

Lucky, that my house is still standing!!

Oh my! Angels were watching out for you! So glad that everything is ok!

Wow, God Bless you and your family! You are both lucky and Blessed as well as your kitties are! ;)

Your telling me!!! When I called Dad, I just started to cry, he kept telling me it will be ok, your ok, your house is ok!! We can fix it I'm sure.

Now I'm a crazy woman constantly checking on the breakers and the compressor. Almost afraid to leave.

Wow, that sounds like quite the scary situation! I'm so glad that you were able to catch it in time and that your house is still standing. It's always important to be cautious and aware of potential electrical issues, especially in the summertime when our air conditioners are working overtime. I'm also glad that your dad was able to come and help assess the situation. It's always a relief to have someone with experience and knowledge in these types of situations. Stay safe and take care!

What is "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire"?

"Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" is a seasoning blend created by Pampered Chef that features a bold and spicy flavor.

What ingredients are in "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire"?

The ingredients in "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" include sea salt, spices, chili pepper, paprika, garlic, onion, and natural flavors.

How can I use "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" in my cooking?

"Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" can be used as a rub for meats, added to soups and stews for extra flavor, or sprinkled on vegetables before grilling or roasting.

Is "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" gluten-free?

Yes, "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" is gluten-free and does not contain any wheat, barley, or rye ingredients.

Can "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" be used as a substitute for other seasonings?

While "Ot - I Feel Lucky Today, Fire" can be used in a variety of dishes, it is not meant to be a direct substitute for other seasonings. It is best used to add a spicy kick to your meals.

Back