• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience Sunny Florida: Packing Tips for Your Ft Lauderdale Trip

Totally used to humidity just not this time of year! I have never been any where warm and sandy. I usually go to the woods. My last vacation was three years ago and we stayed in a cabin in Northern Minnesota.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm going to Ft Lauderdale in two weeks with my sister and her family :D:chef::sing: YA! I have never been to Florida or any state east of where I live except for going to Chicago. I see on weather.com that the forecast is for 70-mid 80's. Is that short's weather down there? Capris? Tank-tops? I don't want to over or under pack! I've very excited to get a way for a while!

OMG we LOVED it when we were there 4 years ago. I would think definitely shorts. Make sure you take the Intercoastal waterway taxis--OMG they are soooo cool!!!

Enjoy! I can't imagine NOT living on the east coast, lol! Granted, I am nowhere near FL and we have temps in the low 50's at the moment, but we still have ocean within 30 minutes!Have a great trip!

Hey there - I live in Ft Lauderdale - we are all in shorts & capris here right now. You'll definitely want to pack at least one pair of jeans and one sweater because what non-Floridians don't realize is that we air condition like crazy down here so when you're indoors you FREEZE your buns off, especially in restaurants! Where are you staying?

dannyzmom said:
Hey there - I live in Ft Lauderdale - we are all in shorts & capris here right now. You'll definitely want to pack at least one pair of jeans and one sweater because what non-Floridians don't realize is that we air condition like crazy down here so when you're indoors you FREEZE your buns off, especially in restaurants! Where are you staying?

The Beach Resort (at least that's what my sister told me last night). It's so cold up here right now I'm in layers!

Definately shorts, but pack a sweater! I am from Ft. Lauderdale (moved to TN 3 years ago). Depending on weather at that moment (it is really different all the time) it could also be very humid!! SO beware. Have fun

mscharf said:
Definately shorts, but pack a sweater! I am from Ft. Lauderdale (moved to TN 3 years ago). Depending on weather at that moment (it is really different all the time) it could also be very humid!! SO beware. Have fun

Totally used to humidity just not this time of year! I have never been any where warm and sandy. I usually go to the woods. My last vacation was three years ago and we stayed in a cabin in Northern Minnesota.

1. What type of clothing should I pack for my trip to Ft Lauderdale?

Lightweight and breathable clothing is recommended for a trip to Ft Lauderdale, as the weather is typically warm and humid. Be sure to pack items such as shorts, tank tops, sundresses, and sandals. Don't forget to also pack a swimsuit, as you'll likely spend a lot of time at the beach or pool.

2. Should I bring any formal attire for fancy dinners or events?

While Ft Lauderdale is known for its laid-back beach culture, there are also some upscale restaurants and events that may require more formal attire. Consider packing a nice dress or collared shirt and pants for these occasions.

3. Are there any items I should avoid packing for my trip?

Avoid packing heavy or bulky items, as well as dark-colored clothing that may absorb the sun's heat. It's also recommended to avoid packing expensive jewelry or items that you would be devastated to lose or damage during your trip.

4. What type of footwear is best for exploring Ft Lauderdale?

Comfortable walking shoes or sandals are ideal for exploring the city and its many attractions. You'll likely be doing a lot of walking, so make sure your footwear is comfortable and supportive.

5. Is there anything else I should pack besides clothing and footwear?

Other important items to pack for your trip to Ft Lauderdale include sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a reusable water bottle. These items will help protect you from the sun's rays and keep you hydrated during your stay.

Back