• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some fun game ideas for a family and friends game night?

or if they don't know what it is they say so. This goes around the room until everyone has had a turn. It's a lot of fun and a great ice breaker.
Addie4TLC
Silver Member
What are your favorite games/ board games to play. We are planning an "every other week" game night and I want to get ready for it. We will at times invite kids my kids ages between 12 and 14.

I thought this could also be a good place to share unique Baby Shower or Bridal Shower games too. At the last baby shower I planned I did the poopie diaper game and it was a riot. 10- numbered diapers with mysterious foods on them and with pen and paper everyone had to guess what each diaper had on it. The chipotle ranch dressing one yielded the funniest "grossed out" faces of all. lol I also had a game where you give each person a white disposable plate and a crayon. They must put the plate on top of their head and draw a baby, the mom to be judges the best Picasso baby drawing. :) So please share your favorite party games and board games. I have lots of prego friends right now and I'm going to need some new games.

Mad gab. Hands down it is the funniest game we have.

Nanisu said:
Mad gab. Hands down it is the funniest game we have.

Tell me more.... How does it work?! Sounds interesting! :)

So fun! There are cards with what appear to be nonsense words but are actually phrases that are well known and you have to decipher what they really are--it's a hoot!

We're Yahtzee and Parcheesi fans. I love Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble. The Furry Guy is into strategy games like Othello, Abalone, and chess.

scene it is really fun. We have the Disney version my kids are pretty good at it.

I missed out on playing a lot of the more popular games, but it's never to late! The only thing I remember playing is Monopoly, Life, Connect four, Battleship and a few card games. :) I want some good ones we can play in big groups. I will look up Yahtzee and Parcheesi. Mad Gab sounds great too. I trust you guys if you say these are fun! :)

Jennie4PC said:
scene it is really fun. We have the Disney version my kids are pretty good at it.

This sounds nice and wholesome! My Kids own almost every Disney movie so they would probably enjoy it too. I'm assuming you act out characters? I will look this up too. Whoohooo!!

Taboo is fun... similar to the old game passwords... it can be a blast!
also scattergories is always a good time...

Scene it is a game you need a tv to play. It has card questions and tv questions. A few tv questions are find the hidden mickey, answer the question after this scene (then they play a clip), and what missing

I have also heard catch phrase is really fun. played it once a long time ago. But my family is hand and foot players. (card game)

Cranium is a good one. I think you have to have atleast 6 people to play it.

These suggestions are great - another game that is a lot of fun is Apples to Apples.

I purchased "Fact or Crap" the other day and we played at our last game night with friends.
Even the kids liked it and understood it. I got it at Toys R' Us so it wasn't a "bad" game.

My daughter played "Smart A.." at a friends house a couple of weeks ago. She liked it so much she has been looking for it ever since. I have only found it online so far.
Not sure what it is about I will have to ask her. She told me and I have forgotten!:confused:

Kelly V.

** I maded my 500th post!!!! YEAH!!!!****

Love Scene it - any version, we have the Disney edition and Movie edition. There's about a dozen different versions.

Also love Cranium, Mad Gab, Dominoes, and UNO.

Our group of friends play telephone pictionary. You get a sheet (or square) of paper per each person in the room. So if there are 12 people each person should have 12 pieces of paper. Write a phrase like 'singing in the rain' on the top page (everyone picks their phrase and don't tell the group). You pass the stack to the person to your left. They look at your phrase and move it to the bottom of the stack. On page two they draw your phrase (or their interpretation of it). The the stack is passed again. The third person looks at the picture and then puts it on the bottom of the stack. On page three they write a phrase they think describes the picture. Basically on odd pages you write on even pages you draw. Your stack goes around the room and eventually gets back to you. It's funny at the end b/c everyone explains their stack. So 'singing in the rain' could be drawn as a man with an umbrella with a music note. then it could be interpreted as a man getting struck by lightening. it's really funny and can take up some time depending on how many people you have. You can limit the topics to 'movie titles, storybooks, showtunes'.

Ditto on taboo! love it & works great for small or very large groups.

We got the kids giant spoons for Christmas. Played the same as regular spoons. My kids love it (4,6). My husband isn't a game person and he'll even play. I ordered ours on-line. Of course you could also play with a regular deck of cards and kitchen spoons.

These are great everyone, I knew I could count on you!! :)

1. How do I host an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night"?

To host an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night", you can start by inviting your friends and family to participate. Then, decide on a date and time that works for everyone. Next, choose a variety of games to play, from classic board games to interactive party games. Finally, make sure to provide snacks and drinks to keep everyone energized and having fun!

2. What types of games are suitable for an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night"?

There are no specific rules for the types of games you can play during an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night". You can choose from a wide range of games such as board games, card games, trivia games, or even outdoor games. The most important thing is to select games that everyone will enjoy and can participate in.

3. Can I host an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night" virtually?

Yes, you can definitely host an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night" virtually. With the advancement of technology, there are many online platforms that allow you to play games with your friends and family remotely. You can also opt for video call options to make the experience more interactive and fun.

4. How can I make an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night" more fun and engaging?

To make an "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night" more fun and engaging, you can add some twists and challenges to the games. For example, you can have a prize for the winner of each game, or create teams and have a friendly competition. You can also incorporate some themed decorations and snacks to make the night more festive.

5. Are there any tips for hosting a successful "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night"?

Some tips for hosting a successful "Ot- Friends/ Family Game Night" include making sure everyone is comfortable and having fun, providing a variety of games for all ages and interests, and keeping the energy high with snacks and drinks. It's also important to be organized and have all the necessary game materials ready beforehand. Most importantly, remember to have fun and enjoy spending time with your loved ones!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCgo2girl
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • imported_iteachurkid