• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh, Am I Getting a Summer Cold?

In summary, Sarah is feeling sick and miserable. She has the headache from hell, lights and sounds are killing her, her bodyaches ALL over, and her chest feels tight and thick. She is also having adult asthma (not spelt right I know) and is feeling like poopy. She just wants to curl up and sleep. Sarah's post sounds a lot like her past week. Sarah and her husband both had the cold and are feeling much better now. Sarah recommends sweating it out, and taking a hot shower.
cwinter474
Gold Member
:cry:

I feel like poopy! I have the headache from hell, lights and sounds are killing me, my bodyaches ALL over, specially my neck. My chest feels tight and thick. Starting to cough. Eyes watery. Fever ranging from 100.4 to 101.9. And at night I'm having adult asthma (? not spelt right I know)

I just want to curl up and sleep. I hate being sick!!!!

cwinter474 said:
:cry:

I feel like poopy! I have the headache from hell, lights and sounds are killing me, my bodyaches ALL over, specially my neck. My chest feels tight and thick. Starting to cough. Eyes watery. Fever ranging from 100.4 to 101.9. And at night I'm having adult asthma (? not spelt right I know)

I just want to curl up and sleep. I hate being sick!!!!

Ugh - I so relate. Your post sounds like my past week. DS and I both had it - it was miserable. We still have congestion, but feeling much better now. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sweat it out. Seriously - this may sound weird, but when I feel a cold coming on, there's nothing better than sitting in a stifling hot car with the windows rolled up. The stuffier the car, the less stuffy my sinuses!! When I had a cold a week and a half ago, I got in my car after work, and drove as far towards home as I could stand before opening the windows (maybe 15 or 20 miles). The next day I had a show, and I was sweating the whole time I was standing (but, it wasn't until I sat down and relaxed that I started feeling bad again). A couple of nights later we were cooking for a 125 people for an event, and my recruit's house has only 1 window unit for air conditioning. By the next morning, I felt completely better.

I know you're feeling bad, but if you can get some aerobic exercise in, or at the very least take a really hot shower, it might help.

Sarah, I love ya but, believe me aerobic exercise doesn't happen when I feel 100%, but it did give me a good laugh. Sorry, but it did.

I have tried the hot shower, even did the Vicks disc thing. Did get my sinus starting to drain. The car thing is a good idea, Here is OK we are still in the high 90's so I don't think it will take long. Thanks for the idea!

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather. It sounds like you are experiencing a lot of discomfort and I can only imagine how frustrating that must be for you.As a pampered chef consultant, it is important to prioritize self-care and take care of our bodies. I would recommend taking some time to rest and relax, and perhaps try some natural remedies like drinking hot tea with honey or taking a warm bath with Epsom salts to help ease your symptoms.If your symptoms persist or worsen, I would highly recommend seeking medical attention. Your health is the most important thing and it's important to take care of yourself first.Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you lots of positive thoughts. Take care!

1. What are some common symptoms of an end of summer cold?

Symptoms of an end of summer cold can include a runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, congestion, and fatigue. You may also experience body aches, headaches, and a low-grade fever.

2. How is an end of summer cold different from a regular cold?

An end of summer cold is typically caused by different viruses than a regular cold. It may also be more severe due to changes in weather and increased exposure to germs from back-to-school activities.

3. What are some ways to prevent getting an end of summer cold?

To prevent getting an end of summer cold, make sure to wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face, and stay hydrated. It's also important to get enough sleep and eat a healthy diet to boost your immune system.

4. How can I treat an end of summer cold?

To treat an end of summer cold, you can take over-the-counter medications for symptom relief, drink plenty of fluids, and get rest. It's also helpful to use a humidifier and try natural remedies such as honey and lemon to soothe a sore throat.

5. When should I see a doctor for an end of summer cold?

If your symptoms persist for more than 10 days, you have a high fever, or you experience difficulty breathing, it's important to see a doctor. They can determine if you have a more serious infection and provide appropriate treatment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefshawna
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • SillyChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam