• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it safe to buy from overseas sellers on Ebay?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential risks and benefits of purchasing an item from an international seller on Ebay. The speaker suggests considering factors such as shipping time, customs fees, and the seller's reputation before making a purchase. Additionally, it is recommended to communicate with the seller and read reviews from previous buyers for a better understanding of the transaction.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I found an item I would like to purchase on Ebay but the seller is out of Hong Kong. The price is alot cheaper than buying it locally but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience buying from a seller like this.

DH has bought a couple of things from overseas sellers. He didn't have a problem, although you have to allow more time for delivery. You can also protect yourself by using PayPal or a credit card with consumer protection. And make sure you actually read the seller's feedback to see if they've had issues in the past.

They have pretty good feedback and only take PayPal. A couple of the items I want for conference and they say it takes 7-14 days. The only negative feedback was from a customer who said it looked like a cheap knock off. One of them is a necklace that is $50 originally. This seller has it for $6 currently on auction and other sellers have it for at least $15-20. All three items I want are for less than $15 in total auction sales with $14 combined shipping. I would be paying at least $60 plus shipping for all three from other sellers. Hum...

My husband for an item that was coming from Germany and the more questions we asked, his story started to change. We reported him to e-bay and found out that it was a scam.

Hi there! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I have had experience buying from international sellers on Ebay. While the price may be lower, it is important to consider factors such as shipping time and potential customs fees. I would recommend doing some research on the seller's reputation and reading reviews from previous buyers before making a purchase. Additionally, make sure to communicate with the seller and ask any questions you may have before making your purchase. Happy shopping!

What is an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller"?

An "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller" is a seller on eBay who is located outside of the United States. These sellers may offer products at lower prices, but may also have longer shipping times and different return policies.

How can I tell if a seller is an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller"?

You can determine if a seller is an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller" by looking at their seller information on the listing. This will typically include the seller's location and shipping information. Additionally, you can filter search results to only show items from sellers located in the United States.

Do "Ot - Ebay Overseas Sellers" offer the same products as US sellers?

Yes, "Ot - Ebay Overseas Sellers" may offer the same products as US sellers, but there may be some differences in brand or packaging. It's important to carefully read the item description and look at photos before making a purchase.

What should I consider before buying from an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller"?

Before buying from an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller," you should consider the potential longer shipping times and different return policies. You should also research the seller's feedback and ratings to ensure they have a good track record.

Are there any additional fees or taxes when buying from an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller"?

There may be additional fees or taxes when buying from an "Ot - Ebay Overseas Seller," such as customs fees or import duties. Be sure to check the seller's shipping information and contact them directly with any questions about potential fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • spoiledchef