• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Blackberry Curve Vs. Curve Ii Vs. Tour

In summary, the Blackberry Curve is a good phone, but the Tour is better in terms of features and responsiveness. The Curve has better battery life, but the Tour has a better camera. The Blackberry Curve is available online at a lower cost, and the Tour is available at Verizon beginning on January 25th.
Karen
Gold Member
I am due to upgrade my cell phone and I'm torn between the Blackberry Curve, Curve II, and Tour. If anybody has any of these, please let me know the pros/cons. Do you ever have problems with the roller ball on the Curve, how is the battery life, do you use the Internet as much as you thought you would, etc?

Thanks for all input and advice!

I don't have a BB, but DH has it, and he likes his. He doesn't use it for FaceBook, because he says he can't see it on the screen, but he doesn't wear his glasses, so...

I myself have a Palm Pre, and I LOVE it. It's currently available through Sprint, and they also had the best prices on plans that I could find. It will be available on Verizon on January 25th, and supposedly on AT&T during the first quarter sometime.

Check out precentral.com.

They also have sister sites for the other smart phones:
CrackBerry.com - The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers
http://www.nokiaexperts.com
Android Central | Android Central
The iPhone blog: iPhone News, Reviews, and Opinion

PreCentral.com recently did a "SmartPhone Round Robin" during which they compared the different platforms against each other.

Hi Karen, my name is Karen also...
I have the blackberry Tour through Verizon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! No issues with the ball. I do use the internet more than i thought i would. It's very rare that you see me without my phone. The battery life is eh...Its ok. The more you use the internet the more battery it seems to use. I guess a full charge last maybe a day and a half. I charge my phone every night just about. I did have the curve prior to this phone. I loved that one too. I did have a problem with the ball on that one, but not like major issues. You can pop it out and clean it. Hope this helps :) enjoy the day.

Karen said:
I am due to upgrade my cell phone and I'm torn between the Blackberry Curve, Curve II, and Tour. If anybody has any of these, please let me know the pros/cons. Do you ever have problems with the roller ball on the Curve, how is the battery life, do you use the Internet as much as you thought you would, etc?

Thanks for all input and advice!

I have a BlackBerry Curve and I love it. I have had mine since September with no real issues with the ball (two or three times it has started sticking, but I just roll it around until it unsticks and its fine after that). I use mine to get online ALL THE TIME! The battery life is great, I've never had it go "red" except for the times I forgot to charge it the night before. I use google calendar (I have a family calendar, a PC calendar, and a personal calendar) and the BB calendar syncs with that so my husband (who also has a BB Curve and his own google calendar) and I can always view each others tasks so we don't double book (we're both self-employed so we never have to use childcare). I just love it!

I have the curve and am ready to update after 2 years. I am a techno geek when it comes to phones, and after playing with all of them for over an hour last week at the Verizon store I am upgrading to the Tour. I have fingernails, and the keys are the most responsive. The resolution is better than my curve. The OS is more efficient and faster and the camera is better with a better flash. I love my Blackberry curve, but those things are the things that frustrated me the most, and I played with all of them--curve 2Storm, Droid, Samsung smart phones, Palm smart phones--I played with ALL of them. I am going with the Tour. HTH

Thanks Everyone! I ended up going with the Curve 2 for myself and the Samsung Convoy for my husband (he is a contractor and this phone is tuff and rugged with outter rubber protection). I was online checking them out again (I played with them today) and I did the online chat and the representative that I had was SO helpful. She even helped me find a different plan and save myself $30 per month on top of the 12% PC discount that we get!!!

I highly recommend upgradng online any time that you can. The phones that I was looking at, I was going to have to pay $100-$149 up front in the store and wait for the mail-in rebate. Online you get the rebate instantly. You also don't have to wait in line for someone to call your name and you have your own rep helping you exclusively for as long as you'd like.

Thanks for all of your comments!

luvtocook868 said:
Hi Karen, my name is Karen also...
I have the blackberry Tour through Verizon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! No issues with the ball. I do use the internet more than i thought i would. It's very rare that you see me without my phone. The battery life is eh...Its ok. The more you use the internet the more battery it seems to use. I guess a full charge last maybe a day and a half. I charge my phone every night just about. I did have the curve prior to this phone. I loved that one too. I did have a problem with the ball on that one, but not like major issues. You can pop it out and clean it. Hope this helps :) enjoy the day.

Awesome name.....:)

And FYI, Best Buy will not make you wait for the rebate, but they charge a bit more up front...but if you ask them to, they will match Verizon's online prices, at least in our store they did. We just upgraded last week. They matched the internet prices with no rebate. Plus, they matched the 25% discount on accessories that we get through my husband's employer. So we got the cheapest prices, and we didn't have to wait for them to come in the mail. We got to take them home right away. I got the Motorola Droid...it's awesome!Hubby got the BB Tour, but ended up bringing it back and exchanging it for a Samsung Rogue (not a smartphone). The BB was just more than he needed I guess...too complicated for him! I thought it was nice though. Love the Droid way better though! It's fast!

I have a BB curve, have had it for a year and a half and LOVE it. I've never had any problems with the ball at all.

1. What are the main differences between the Blackberry Curve, Curve II, and Tour?

The Blackberry Curve, Curve II, and Tour are all part of the Curve series of smartphones from Blackberry. The main differences between these models are in their design, features, and capabilities.

The Blackberry Curve is the oldest of the three models and has a smaller screen and less advanced camera compared to the other two. The Curve II has a slightly larger screen and an improved camera, as well as a faster processor and more storage space. The Tour has the largest screen and most advanced camera of the three, as well as additional features such as a trackball and GPS.

2. Which model has the longest battery life?

The Blackberry Curve, Curve II, and Tour all have similar battery life, with the Curve II and Tour having a slightly longer battery life compared to the original Curve. However, the actual battery life may vary depending on usage and settings.

3. Can all three models access the internet and social media?

Yes, all three models have internet connectivity and can access popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. However, the capabilities and speed of internet access may vary depending on the model and network coverage.

4. Do these models have expandable storage options?

Yes, all three models have expandable storage options through a microSD card slot. The Blackberry Curve and Curve II can support up to 32GB of external storage, while the Tour can support up to 64GB.

5. Which model is the most affordable?

The Blackberry Curve is the most affordable of the three models, as it is the oldest and has less advanced features and capabilities. The Curve II and Tour are typically more expensive, with the Tour being the most expensive due to its additional features and more advanced technology.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cla519
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
I Have the Tools
  • Happy Mom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
supergirljennie
Back