• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Embracing Change: Saying Goodbye to My Office of 5 Years

In summary, the speaker has worked at a company for 5 years that is moving to a new building. While they are excited for a real office and better working conditions, they will miss certain aspects of the old building such as the view from their window, the convenience store across the street, and their quiet work area. Despite the sadness of leaving, the speaker is reminded of the positives and is looking forward to being closer to home. They offer encouragement to focus on the benefits and distract themselves with setting up the new place.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
:( The company I've worked for 5 years is moving this week. I'm sad and happy at the same time. It will be great to move into a new building (a real building - not a run down old main street building) and to have an actual office to work in but I'll miss this place!

Won't miss:
Uncontrolable "weather" conditions (freezing cold in here in the winter because it's so drafty - sweating all summer because it's like 120 in the building)
Sharing a bathroom with all the boys in the shop - and smelling the boys in the bathroom because I'm so close to it
Climbing a flight of stairs 20+ times a day - although that does provide a good work out
Driving 70 miles round trip to work every day
Leaking ceiling - actually had a little rain forest in here last fall - even frogs!
Cluttered areas because there is no more room here

Will miss:
Looking out my window every day - sunrises are awesome and watching the storms move in the summer
The people at the store across the street - you don't work across from a convienence store for 5 years and not make friends
The post office is a block away!
Having my quiet little area where I work - I'll be around more people in the new place
Did I mention getting to look out the window for 8 hours a day!
Chef Success - more people around means I probably will not be able to be on here as much

It will be nice to be so much closer to our home since DH and I work together!

I'm just really sad today!

I understand the fact that you will miss your window. I am a teacher and for 8 years I was in a classroom with no windows. Now I have a small one that I can enjoy. Hang in there and focus on the positives.

When we moved in 2003 from Downtown Milwaukee to Mequon, we got a brand new building with tons of windows with not much around us. But it was an additional 10 miles away and a bear in the winter as the main freeway drifted over when we only had an inch of snow! There were no restaurants within walking distance no more shopping at the farmers markets every Wednesday. But then there was more room, cleaner building, easier non-paid for parking, much more climate controlled. There were gives and takes but yes, we all missed our old place. To some degree it becomes a home so you miss it. You'll make it through. Besides, you all will be so busy setting up the new place, you will soon be distracted enough. Think of all the benefits.

1. What prompted you to leave your office after 5 years?

After much reflection and consideration, I decided it was time for a change in my career. I wanted to challenge myself and explore new opportunities within the company.

2. Were you nervous about leaving your familiar work environment?

Of course, change can be daunting and leaving behind a place where I had spent 5 years of my career was definitely nerve-wracking. But I knew that in order to grow, I needed to step out of my comfort zone and embrace change.

3. How did you prepare yourself for the transition?

I made sure to communicate with my colleagues and superiors about my decision and gave them ample notice to prepare for my departure. I also took the time to organize and transfer any necessary files and information to ensure a smooth transition.

4. What have you learned from this experience of embracing change?

I have learned that change is necessary for personal and professional growth. It can be scary, but it also brings new opportunities and challenges that can lead to positive outcomes. It's important to be open-minded and adaptable in the face of change.

5. Do you have any advice for others who may be hesitant about embracing change?

My advice would be to trust in yourself and your abilities, and to remember that change is inevitable and necessary for growth. Take the time to reflect on your goals and aspirations, and don't be afraid to take a leap of faith and embrace change.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies