• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Awwww Yeah!! Tonight I'm Hangin' With......

In summary, New Kids on the Block is playing a concert in Boston tonight, and all tickets are spoken for. My husband is not too excited about it, but I am. I was a little old for them when they were huge, so they are no big deal to me...but to someone who followed them in their heyday, I will bet you are jumping out of your skin!! lolMy friends and I are all psyced!
redsoxgirl
http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/images/nkotb.jpg

JEALOUS?!?!?! ;)

Maybe if I knew who they were.....:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe if I knew who they were.....:eek:

Are you serious?

OMG L I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS. Have an extra ticket?? LOL
I might have to watch them on my VHS tapes. HA!

Completely serious.

I have no idea - although I'm guessing it's one of those boy bands. They were a little after my time. Haven't ever paid attention to them.

New Kids On The Block!!!

I was a little old during their hay day...
It's New Kids on the Block, by the way for you, Becky!

LOL Becky... it's New Kids on the Block.
Tonight's their first comcert in Boston - can't wait!!!!

Sorry V - all tickets are spoken for! I think you'd have to kill someone to get one!

Ahh---no biggie!! The drive from Jersey to Boston in this weather isn't really ideal...I guess it wasn't meant to be!! ;)

You better change your mood icon, then!!

Have a wonderful time! I was a bit old for them when they were huge, so they are no big deal to me...but to someone who followed them in their heyday, I will bet you are jumping out of your skin!! lol

My friends and I are all psyced! LOL
It's so silly!

Eric (my hubby) just rolled his eyes whenever the topic of the concert came up. I don't blame him. It's silly, but it's fun to relive part of my early teen years!

It's my last hoorah before the baby comes so I'm going to live it up tonight!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Completely serious.

I have no idea - although I'm guessing it's one of those boy bands. They were a little after my time. Haven't ever paid attention to them.

Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know who they were!:D

I must be very old- to me, they just look like old guys calling themselves kids- I think they should have changed their name, to Old guys, still on the block. LOL- I do not mean to offend, I guess since I was 30 when they "new kids" I do not understand the deal.

Have a BLAST tonight Lindsay!

I would be as excited as you if it was this guy!

Barry.jpg

ChefBeckyD said:
Completely serious.

Oh come on Becky your not THAT old girl:):p:)

Becky- I am with you !!!!!! I would enjoy going to see barry- It is amazing to me that I still know the words to his songs decades after they were hits.

Hey I have VIP tickets for the Atlanta concert. I am so excited for you Lindsay. From the videos and comments I have seen you are in for a treat. They have been blowing everyone away with the show. Enjoy!! Please send me a PM or update tomorrow after the show and let me know how it goes. Have fun and be safe.
Just my opinion but did Aerosmith or Rolling Stones ever change there name or any of the other bands that have been around forever. I just can't understand why everyone throws a big deal over their name. Its a name thats all. Anyway over my rant.

I didn't know who they were either Becky!

And, I'd go see Barry with you.....we'll have to invite Carolyn to go with us too :)

I was not dogging them on the name, I just pointed out that they are not kids anymore. It does not really matter to me what their name is.

Oh funny...my mom was the BEST mom. She took my cousin & I when we were about 13 to new kids. I think she hated every minute...:p Not sure I'd want to go again now though...hope you have fun!

Kitchen2u said:
Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know who they were!:D

LOL- I'm actually sorry that I DO know who they are! :) lol- sorry redsoxgirl- but I am happy for you!!! :)

ChefBeckyD said:

Barry.jpg

NOW you're talking my language!

That is so funny! I didn't know who they were either...I would LOVE to see Barry with you all!! ooooor..better yet for me...I would love to see Neil...he was the first concert I ever went to (even though no one in my age group knew who he was at the time!) He puts on a great show!

Have fun tonight Lindsay!!

Attachments

• neil diamond.jpg
    neil diamond.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 206
How was the show L?? Hope you and baby to be had a great time!! ;)

tmo2008 said:
That is so funny! I didn't know who they were either...I would LOVE to see Barry with you all!! ooooor..better yet for me...I would love to see Neil...he was the first concert I ever went to (even though no one in my age group knew who he was at the time!) He puts on a great show!

Have fun tonight Lindsay!!

Neil Diamond, or James Taylor would be close second place for me...but it's Barry who's had my heart since I was a preteen!:love:

My 2 best friends in Jr Hi and I would put a Barry Manilow Album on (yes ALBUM!:eek:) and dance and sing for hours. We used to pretend we were his backup singers. We made up moves to all of the songs, and practiced our synchronization.....yes, I was nerd even back in Jr Hi!:eek:)

So how was the NKOTB concert??

UM, heck YEAH I am jealous!! lol. Blow them all kisses for me.l:)

My friend was trying to get me to go to NKOTB with her. I don't even remember there songs because I was like 5 at the time! haha. I did have the duffle bag with their "signatures" on it though! :)

some ladies at my show today are also going and are very excited.

about the name...my dad used to say that the beach boys should be called the beach men (this was in the 80s). they still had their mojo going, as will NKOTB

have fun!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:

Barry.jpg

You have to go see Barry in concert, he is awesome:love:

When I went to see him, he interacted with the crowd and actually had
a college student come up to sing with him. He is a great showman.

ChefEileen said:
You have to go see Barry in concert, he is awesome:love:

When I went to see him, he interacted with the crowd and actually had
a college student come up to sing with him. He is a great showman.

Oh - I've seen him in concert....even dragged DH to one on our 2nd date! He was a good sport about it - my best friend and I sang along to every song, while her DH and my date sat on either side of us, looking amused - that's when I knew he was the one for me!:love:

I would always be that excited about a Barry Concert.:D

1. What does "OT" stand for in the title?

"OT" stands for "off-topic". It is often used in online forums or discussions to indicate that the current topic of conversation is not related to the original topic.

2. Who are the people in the picture?

The people in the picture are the members of the 80s boy band "New Kids on the Block" (NKOTB). From left to right, they are Danny Wood, Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan Knight, Jonathan Knight, and Joey McIntyre.

3. What is the significance of the phrase "Awwww Yeah!!" in the title?

"Awwww Yeah!!" is a common expression used to express excitement or enthusiasm. In this context, it is likely used to convey the excitement of hanging out with the members of NKOTB.

4. What is the reason for the use of multiple exclamation marks and question marks in the title?

The use of multiple exclamation marks and question marks is often seen as a way to convey strong emotions, such as excitement or surprise. In this case, it may be used to emphasize the excitement and enthusiasm of the person who posted the picture.

5. Why might someone be jealous of the person in the picture?

Someone might be jealous of the person in the picture because they are getting the opportunity to hang out with their favorite band, NKOTB. The person may also be jealous of the fun and excitement the person in the picture is likely experiencing in that moment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies